SPYGATE TWO..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Re: SPYGATE TWO..........

PHAT REX You do realize that the guy who got caught filming for the broncos was EMPLOYED BY THE JETS IN 2006 UNDER MANGINI AS THE HEAD VIDEOGRAPHER........WAS EMPLOYED BY THE JETS.....WAS EMPLOYED BY THE JETS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

In Response to Re: SPYGATE TWO..........:
    [QUOTE]Not surprisingly, the individual pegged for the act was formerly a member of the Patriots staff.  Can't make this stuff up.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOT

He was also EMPLOYED by the JETS in 2006........................the more you know

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

How come the Pats get fined a first round pick plus several hundred thousand dollars against both the coach and the team, and the broncos come away with a pair of $50,000 fines for doing something much worse?

BULL F*CKIN SH*T

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

It's a conspiracy!  They're all against you!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SPYGATE TWO.......... : [QUOTE]Not surprisingly, the individual pegged for the act was formerly a member of the Patriots staff.  Can't make this stuff up. Posted by UD6[/QUOT He was also EMPLOYED by the JETS in 2006........................the more you know
    Posted by Hannahman[/QUOTE]

Hannahman:  I can tell you from experience that UD6 could give two rats bottoms about facts, evidence, things of that nature.  You see, he's a grand conspiracy believer.  In his feeble mind, everything that ever went wrong - in the history of the world - can be traced back to the Pats' organization.  Kind of sad and pitiful, but alas, very true.  Must not be alot to do down in Indianapolis, unless tipping or dating cows is what trips your trigger.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SPYGATE TWO.......... : I am not shocked at all.  It's the apple and the tree.  When you are part of an organization that has had success, you want to try to emulate that elsewhere, regardless if it takes cheating. 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Success and championships are not things that you will have to be concerned with. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SPYGATE TWO.......... : Success and championships are not things that you will have to be concerned with. 
    Posted by patrick69[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

[QUOTE]the funny thing is, does anybody think this stuff really came to an end in 2007, i'm sure there are teams still doing it. the thing i always hated about it, they made the patriots the poster boy for this, when it was running rampant by many other teams. thanks rat 
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

The Patriots were severely punished $ million and a first round pick for the illegal video practices. I seriously, seriously doubt there are any additional NFL teams that would take that kind of risk! ( these days its impossible to prevent that stuff from going public, everyone has a price )

jc 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

I think when a United States Senator ( Specter ) takes up issue with it.. that now tells me there is a systamatic problem taking shape here! ( I just hope I'm wrong )

jc

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

I have determined that as a 42 year old Pats fan, I will hear about this for the rest of my life.  In all that I have ever heard or read I can come up with only the following facts about the controversy dubbed “Spygate”.

1.       From Wikipedia:  On September 10, Belichick was accused by the Jets of authorizing his staff to film the Jets' defensive signals from an on-field location, a violation of league rules. NFL Security confiscated the video camera used by video assistant Matt Estrella to film the signals during the game. The Jets filed a complaint with the league office, detailing the accusations.

2.       Page 105 of the 2007 NFL Game Operations Manual states, "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game...All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead

So…in conclusion…..what we basically have is a controversy about  where is ok to set up video cameras”, right?  Aside from the argument that the rule was not even enforced up to that time, I can only come away with this: 

The league fined Belichick $500,000.00 and the Patriots $250,000.00 as well as a first round draft pick because of WHERE the taping was performed and not WHAT was being taped.  The CONTENT of what a team is allowed to tape is not discussed in the rule.

Does anyone (who is rational) have a different answer for the following question?
    Do all NFL franchises steal signals?  Yes.  We heard Childress just say it a few weeks ago himself.

As we know everyone wants to tear down the great ones. Heck, most of us do it ourselves when it comes to the Yankees, but if we take ourselves out of the kindergarten discussions and strictly talk about facts then it’s clear that the Patriots are being labeled as Cheaters because they performed legal videotaping from simply an illegal location.  I know there are certain 24/7 sports organizations that want to sell commercials and by saying the word “cheat” and “spy” every 2 minutes  they can sell a lot of soft drinks but I’m just trying to keep it real. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Son of the Rat

Scarnecchia was actually the Jets’ director of video operations at the time that the Patriots were caught videotaping the Jets’ signals.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/steve-scarnecchias-first-offense-was-involvement-with-patriots/

How interesting this guy was video taping for the jests in 2007, and originally worked for BB in 2004, Hmmm

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

[QUOTE]I have determined that as a 42 year old Pats fan, I will hear about this for the rest of my life.  In all that I have ever heard or read I can come up with only the following facts about the controversy dubbed “Spygate”.   1.        From Wikipedia:   On September 10, Belichick was accused by the Jets of authorizing his staff to film the Jets' defensive signals from an on-field location, a violation of league rules. NFL Security confiscated the video camera used by video assistant Matt Estrella to film the signals during the game. The Jets filed a complaint with the league office, detailing the accusations.   2.        Page 105 of the 2007 NFL Game Operations Manual states, "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game...All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead So…in conclusion…..what we basically have is a controversy about   “ where is ok to set up video cameras”, right?   Aside from the argument that the rule was not even enforced up to that time, I can only come away with this:   The league fined Belichick $500,000.00 and the Patriots $250,000.00 as well as a first round draft pick because of WHERE the taping was performed and not WHAT was being taped.   The CONTENT of what a team is allowed to tape is not discussed in the rule . Does anyone (who is rational) have a different answer for the following question? Do all NFL franchises steal signals?   Yes.   We heard Childress just say it a few weeks ago himself. As we know everyone wants to tear down the great ones. Heck, most of us do it ourselves when it comes to the Yankees, but if we take ourselves out of the kindergarten discussions and strictly talk about facts then it’s clear that the Patriots are being labeled as Cheaters because they performed legal videotaping from simply an illegal location .   I know there are certain 24/7 sports organizations that want to sell commercials and by saying the word “cheat” and “spy” every 2 minutes   they can sell a lot of soft drinks but I’m just trying to keep it real.  
    Posted by MonsterFan[/QUOTE]

You are not going to like this.. but, the bottom line is.. " The New England Patriots were running video taping of the opponents. THAT IS CHEATING IN MY BOOK! I don't care if 31 other NFL teams do it and get a way with it. I don't like to say it, but, its a form of cheating. Just go about your buisness and compete the right way! That would be the right way to run an organization.

jc

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

Either this guy ( Steve Scharnecchia ) is unbelievably stupid.. Or he just might be holding a grudge against someone. 2011 could be New England's 5th trip to the Super Bowl in the last 10 years.. The NFL is super competitive.. maybe some folks are sick of this team and just want to take the New England Patriots down!

jc

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Read the headline to the profootball.com article. The sole purpose of this is to try to rekindle "spygate", on the eve of the huge game with the Jets. Watch as NY reporters try to gain access to Steve Scarnecchia...trying to induce him to make new allegations against BB and the Patriots: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/steve-scarnecchias-first-offense-was-involvement-with-patriots/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

=D Like teacher like student. =D 

But, technically, BB never filmed the other team's practice.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SPYGATE TWO.......... : You are not going to like this.. but, the bottom line is.. " The New England Patriots were running video taping of the opponents. THAT IS CHEATING IN MY BOOK! I don't care if 31 other NFL teams do it and get a way with it. I don't like to say it, but, its a form of cheating. Just go about your buisness and compete the right way! That would be the right way to run an organization. jc
    Posted by jcjcjcjc[/QUOTE]

I don't care what it says in your book, The Commish, Goodell, came out and said what the Pats did was NOT cheating. They were actually fined for ignoring a memorandum, sent out by his office, that forbade any taping or use of electronic recording devices on the field and clarified an ambiguity in the rule book. In other words, he was punishing insubordination, not cheating. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

JC to the 3rd,  Don’t worry whether or not I like your post.  What I would like is for you to tell me if there is a rule that says videotaping signals is illegal.  I challenge you on that.  I stated what the rule says that got the Patriots 750,000 total fines and a first rounder.  Where is the rule that says it’s illegal to tape signals?  If Childress admitted that they steal signals, how do you think they go about that?  Do you just think it happens magically and they don’t use video and all other technology they are allowed to use?  The Pats paid heavily for a violation specific to the location in which they were filming and not the content.  Please respond with something more concrete.  If you do not respond I will assume you don’t have anything more to add to this debate. 

I wish I lived in this "candyland world" everyone else describes but we live in the real world.  In the real world, EVERYONE IS TRYING TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE!  There is alot of money at stake.  Is everyone realy so naive.  All teams do this from High school to the pros. 

Thanks.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SPYGATE TWO.......... : You are not going to like this.. but, the bottom line is.. " The New England Patriots were running video taping of the opponents. THAT IS CHEATING IN MY BOOK! I don't care if 31 other NFL teams do it and get a way with it. I don't like to say it, but, its a form of cheating. Just go about your buisness and compete the right way! That would be the right way to run an organization. jc
    Posted by jcjcjcjc[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SPYGATE TWO.......... : I don't care what it says in your book, The Commish, Goodell, came out and said what the Pats did was NOT cheating. They were actually fined for ignoring a memorandum, sent out by his office, that forbade any taping or use of electronic recording devices on the field and clarified an ambiguity in the rule book. In other words, he was punishing insubordination, not cheating. 
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]
    You're right about the insubordination thing.  Belichick basically snubbed his nose at Goodel and Roger Ramjet had a hissy fit and punished the Pat's severely for it.  It goes to show you what a vindictive pr*ck Goodel is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Is Steve Scarnecchia any relation to OL coach Dante Scarnecchia ?