Stadium noise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Stadium noise

Lack there of. Yesterday was pitful in the first half. I wish all of the people that have tix who don't want to support the team turn them in and give to people who would actually go to the game and yell like crazy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Stadium noise

Stadium Designed with Acoustics in Mind + Cheaper Tickets + Cheaper Beer = More Noise

Sadly none of these things are going to happen any time soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Stadium Designed with Acoustics in Mind + Cheaper Tickets + Cheaper Beer = More Noise

Sadly none of these things are going to happen any time soon.

Ill be there this Sunday. There will be at least ONE old school fan from the "Banned" from MNF days making noise...

P.S. Acoustics werent in mind at old Shaefer/Sullivan but those metal seats got loud and the fans that attended before we were cool were definitely more passionate..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

patriots fans will be shattering the noise records this week said no one ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

patriots fans will be shattering the noise records this week said no one ever.

[/QUOTE]

Humor...pass it on....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

boos were pretty loud yesterday after the first half....when the defense made the last stop at the end of the game to clinch, you could not talk to the person next to you and hear them the noise was so loud...

ie. give us something to make noise for, and we will...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lack there of. Yesterday was pitful in the first half. I wish all of the people that have tix who don't want to support the team turn them in and give to people who would actually go to the game and yell like crazy.

[/QUOTE]

would you go to a game and yell like crazy? I have put it out there a few times on the board...I am looking to sell my Denver game tickets....4 tickets total...great seats

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

And I thought I needed to return my home theater surround speakers coz they stopped working...but my worries were alleviated when I heard the loud boos at the halftime!!

I dont know if anyone else has noticed this on broadcast background...while other stadiums signal "GET LOUD"; at gillete the sign show "make SOME noise". LOL even the board operator knows loud is out of question and even SOME noise is welcomed.

Who are these people that are ready to boo at drop of a dime but cheers or getting behind their team; not so much. Wait a second, its not just at the stadium but fans here alike.  After a win all you see here is negativity and jealously....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I love how the fans complaining about stadium noise are at home watching the game on TV

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I love how the fans complaining about stadium noise are at home watching the game on TV

U sound like u love the boos

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  It's not an easy stadium to get loud.  All the open concourses and the shallow bowl dissipate sound.  I often go with a neice who grew up in Seattle and whose dad has Seahawks tickets.  She says in Seattle when you yell it's obvious your voice is being directed to the field and you're having an impact so you do it more. She finds Foxboro frustrating because no matter how hard you yell it seems as if your voice is just drifting upward and away into the sky. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Yeah.  It's not an easy stadium to get loud.  All the open concourses and the shallow bowl dissipate sound.  I often go with a neice who grew up in Seattle and whose dad has Seahawks tickets.  She says in Seattle when you yell it's obvious your voice is being directed to the field and you're having an impact so you do it more. She finds Foxboro frustrating because no matter how hard you yell it seems as if your voice is just drifting upward and away into the sky. 

This is what I was referring to in my OP.  You don't need a stadium like Seattle's which is designed to amplify crowd noise (although that would be pretty sweet), but Gillette's acoustics are such that it completely destroys it.  The 12 dollar beers (or w/e the hell they charge) don't help the cause either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont agree. fans dont have to be drunk to make noise. the stadium is plenty loud enough when the team gives the fans reason to be loud. this is not a fan base that "will's" the team to greater heights thru collective noise. it is a reactionary crowd rather than a proactive crowd. give us something to go crazy about, and we do.

agree with the stadium config however.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Intersting topic my 2 cents. The fans are fickle. 2 weeks ago against the Saints there was mass exodous after the failed 4th down and even more after the INT. i would bet there was less than 60% of the fans left to see the TD to Thompkins.

lately due to the new procedures to get into the stadium the place doesn't fill up until mid 1st quarter. Then for the 2nd half kickoff a very large % of fans haven't returned to their seats. based on my experience gog from the old stadium to the new  stadium it is a fan issue not a stadium or acoustics issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

boos were pretty loud yesterday after the first half....when the defense made the last stop at the end of the game to clinch, you could not talk to the person next to you and hear them the noise was so loud...

ie. give us something to make noise for, and we will...

[/QUOTE]

This would make sense.  The first half didn't give fans a whole lot to get excited about.  You would know about the common complaints on crowd noise the past couple of years on this board.  Seems to always pop up.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I believe Pats were rated number 26 out of all stadiums....

Chiefs, Seattle rounded out 1 and 2. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Make some noise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYu-SypY71E

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to SANPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

U sound like u love the boos

[/QUOTE]

the booing sickened me...but make no mistake, they were warranted, and it seems the message was delivered

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The stadium is actually not designed for noise, the open end keeps it down a bit. Plus with the cost of going to a game today the majority are from the grey poupon crowd and it's a bit more civil than it was before Kraft took over.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Intersting topic my 2 cents. The fans are fickle. 2 weeks ago against the Saints there was mass exodous after the failed 4th down and even more after the INT. i would bet there was less than 60% of the fans left to see the TD to Thompkins.

lately due to the new procedures to get into the stadium the place doesn't fill up until mid 1st quarter. Then for the 2nd half kickoff a very large % of fans haven't returned to their seats. based on my experience gog from the old stadium to the new  stadium it is a fan issue not a stadium or acoustics issue.

The fans walking out at the Saints game deserved to miss what they missed.  That really was pathetic.  

The security procedures really slow things down.  First game, I took the Pats train and ended up not being able to get in until after Dobson's TD.  Flew down from Toronto and missed the only TD of the game because of the security line. 

Last two games I was at, I had a ride with the aforementioned neice and got there plenty early. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The fans walking out at the Saints game deserved to miss what they missed.  That really was pathetic.  

The security procedures really slow things down.  First game, I took the Pats train and ended up not being able to get in until after Dobson's TD.  Flew down from Toronto and missed the only TD of the game because of the security line. 

Last two games I was at, I had a ride with the aforementioned neice and got there plenty early. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we are leaving the tailgate 15 minutes earlier now. If for whatever reason you are stuck or are in early and want to tailgate my buddies and I park and tailgate in Lot 91 directly across from the Bass Proshop. You are more than welcome.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

Hmm... I was at the the game and I was very disapointed to hear the boos. Yes, I was as fustrated with the first half as anyone else but come on! Brady has done so much for this team, I know, I remember the 20th Century Patriots and it wasn't pretty. Some people are so spoiled. Stay home next time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

It's a combination of:

1)  Massively expensive tickets, so you end up with wealthy white collar fans, not die hards who have been tailgating for 10 hours before the game. 

and

2)  We're spoiled by the past 10 years of great success, and expect the Pats to win every game in a dominant fashion.  We've seen 3 awesome Super Bowl champs, plus even the 2007 team, which destroyed every team by 50 points.  Scraping out a win at home against the Dolphins, which fans would have gone crazy for 25 years ago, now isn't nearly as satisfying. 

Fans in KC and Seattle are loud because they've never won anything.  It's new and crazy for their diehard fans. 

For us, if the Pats don't win by 20+, we're ticked off about it.  Just human nature.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a combination of:

1)  Massively expensive tickets, so you end up with wealthy white collar fans, not die hards who have been tailgating for 10 hours before the game. 

and

2)  We're spoiled by the past 10 years of great success, and expect the Pats to win every game in a dominant fashion.  We've seen 3 awesome Super Bowl champs, plus even the 2007 team, which destroyed every team by 50 points.  Scraping out a win at home against the Dolphins, which fans would have gone crazy for 25 years ago, now isn't nearly as satisfying. 

Fans in KC and Seattle are loud because they've never won anything.  It's new and crazy for their diehard fans. 

For us, if the Pats don't win by 20+, we're ticked off about it.  Just human nature.  

[/QUOTE]

AS for your number2 I would have too disagree, as a pats fan whos been though the losing years and the winning years.I enjoy the grind it out days better,dont get me wrong I enoyed 2007 and all but after awhile id rather see a good close game then a blow out.Grind it out and over come injuries and still be on top.

I want teams to be good in our division even if I hate the jets,I want competion then no one can say its a easy divsion and the better team won it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we are leaving the tailgate 15 minutes earlier now. If for whatever reason you are stuck or are in early and want to tailgate my buddies and I park and tailgate in Lot 91 directly across from the Bass Proshop. You are more than welcome.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not coming down again until the Broncos game, but I'll try to stop by then if I can.  I'll send you a private message before the game.  

Sections
Shortcuts