Stallworth back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Stallworth back

Looks like they continue to tinker with the offense and maybe want more from their outside / deep threats. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Stallworth back

Well that and Edelman on crutches, Welkers ankle, LLoyds not wanting to play in the middle because some one might hit him......... Hern's ankle, Welkers ankle, Gronks busted every thing.

Ouch!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well that and Edelman on crutches, Welkers ankle, LLoyds not wanting to play in the middle because some one might hit him......... Hern's ankle, Welkers ankle, Gronks busted every thing.

Ouch!

[/QUOTE]

exactly!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I had a feeling it would be him over Branch. Branch is recently recovering from an injury and was clearly much slower the few times we saw him this year. Although he does run good routes and knows TB very well, Stallworth had a good amount of success when he was here last. All I really want is a another true WR threat so when we do run a 3 WR set the defense won't always zero in on Lloyd or Welker. This is of course only really necessarry until Gronk is back and Hernandez's ankle is 100%.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was hoping it would be a healthy Branch who drank from the fountain of youth while he was gone the last few weeks.  I hope Stallworth can make a contribution to the team.  We need someone who knows the system, TFB and can make some plays.  2 out of 3 is a good start, hopefully he can make some plays for them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I always liked Stallworth.  That TD against Dallas was one of the best catch and runs ever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I always liked Stallworth.  That TD against Dallas was one of the best catch and runs ever.

[/QUOTE]

You mean the one that looked like it was straight out of Madden?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2007 ???  LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Yikes.  I hope this is only for a week.  People remember the Stallworth that had some speed and the ability to get separation.  Now he has neither.  He's Bethel Johnson now.  With guys on both sides (Lloyd) with the same lack of separation, and no Gronk, it forces TB to hold the ball that extra second.   TB is taking too many hits lately, and now he will be facing a formidable pass rush.  I'd rather they had moved WW out wide and give Shane Vereen the slot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd rather they had moved WW out wide and give Shane Vereen the slot.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I like that idea, I would love to see them mess around with this a bit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

It makes sense for Stallworth over Branch because they are looking for a guy that can stretch the field.  When healthy they have Welker, Herdz, and Gronk for the short and middle stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

Yikes.  I hope this is only for a week.  People remember the Stallworth that had some speed and the ability to get separation.  Now he has neither.  He's Bethel Johnson now.  With guys on both sides (Lloyd) with the same lack of separation, and no Gronk, it forces TB to hold the ball that extra second.   TB is taking too many hits lately, and now he will be facing a formidable pass rush.  I'd rather they had moved WW out wide and give Shane Vereen the slot.

[/QUOTE]

Silly, Welker would do nothing outside.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's agree to review Stallworth's stats after the next game.  I predict 2 targets, 1 catch for 5 yards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

[QUOTE]

Ouch!

[/QUOTE]

Thats just stupid

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was one of my favorite plays from that year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Serious questions, What positions did Welker and Edelman play when they were in together a few games ago?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Serious questions, What positions did Welker and Edelman play when they were in together a few games ago?

[/QUOTE]

Uhm, since Edelman is the third WR, it is safe to assume that Lloyd was out there with them. So, Welker played slot and Edelman and Lloyd played outside. How many 5'9 outside WRs do you know?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't know about separation, but word out of training camp was that he looked very fast. Has to be the fastest receiver on the squad now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to In_BB_We_Trust's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ouch!

[/QUOTE]

Thats just stupid

[/QUOTE]

prove it crusty

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Why is everyone so excited about Stalloworth being back?

He hasn't been relevant for 4+ seasons.

No team picked him up this season for a reason.

I've been saying all season that Lloyd is a role player and not a featured player in this offense. I'm really not loving this offense if Brady is going to target Hernandez and Welker 90% of the time. Lloyd needs to step it up BIG TIME. He and Brady should share a bed together until Gronk comes back.

Ridley, Bodden, and the rest of the rb's need to step up too. Yes, they've played good, but we need them to be better for HOU and SF. These next two games will be more like the MIA game, not the previous 4.

That last drive against MIA was a thing of beauty...almost reminded me of those two killer drives against the Colts in the 2004/2005 playoffs. Lets see more of that throughout the game!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I don't care if they bring in terrel Owens... Make some plays for the guy and get him the ball... Same thing with Lloyd . Throw some quick slants , some more sideline routes , spread it around . Get guys involved.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

i really can't picture this guy having any impact what so ever in this offense right now...two years too late.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Although it's probably related solely to Edelman and not the lack of a deep threat, it would be great if he could be even an occasional deep threat.  As far as receivers are concerned, I feel like our offense is exactly where they were last year.  We still don't have anyone who can stretch the field.  Bruschi said a while back that the more he looks at Lloyd, the more he believes he isn't a deep threat.  I didn't believe him at the time.  I do now.  We have a better running game than last year.  If we had someone who could stretch the field we'd have an offense that not only puts up points in the regular season, but also in the playoffs against good opponents.

I doubt Stallworth will be that guy, but a guy can dream lol.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts