Stallworth back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Stallworth back

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like they continue to tinker with the offense and maybe want more from their outside / deep threats. 

[/QUOTE]

He he can only help and at this point our WRs are just compliments to Gronk, Hernandez, Wes who are the real components of the offene. Mix in a more often used running game and Vareen out the backfield and Stallworth will be the 4th or 5th option most plays but as long as he stays involved and makes the plays that are presented to him. Im fine. I still think Lloyd is gonna help based on what I saw earlier. They just wont put him in clutch situation. In playoffs, I think they will look to him early with his sideline routes to take attention away from the middle and then attack with Gronk, Hernandez , Wes.

If they arent gonna use LLoyd right now, may aas well sit him down a couple weeks to get fresh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yikes.  I hope this is only for a week.  People remember the Stallworth that had some speed and the ability to get separation.  Now he has neither.  He's Bethel Johnson now.  With guys on both sides (Lloyd) with the same lack of separation, and no Gronk, it forces TB to hold the ball that extra second.   TB is taking too many hits lately, and now he will be facing a formidable pass rush.  I'd rather they had moved WW out wide and give Shane Vereen the slot.

[/QUOTE]

Don't know about separation, but word out of training camp was that he looked very fast. Has to be the fastest receiver on the squad now.

[/QUOTE]

I saw quite a bit of training camp. Stallworth has not lost a step. He is still very fast, assuming he has stayed in shape during the layoff. He did have issues with route running and securing the ball, probably why he did not make the roster coming out of camp.

Both the 49'ers and Texans have good defensive back 4 play, and if Stallworth can run deep routes and take a S off the underneath patterns, that is going to leave Hernandez 1 on 1. (Welker always draws single coverage)

I would like to see Brady target Stallworth 3 times to keep the D honest, and this could be a big help to the other WR's/TE's 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Last year the same pattern evolved with Brady...  Its like Welker tunnel vision.

The end zone play before welkers touchdown Brady threw away ball over welkers head who was double covered...  meanwhile Edelman is open 20 feet away.... Wtf is up with that...?

If Welker wasn't the energizer bunny he would drop from exhaustion and pounding.  He's amazing but are they wearing him down...?

Possibly and it just seems crazy that they don't simply throw a slant to Lloyd or a hitch to fells or swing passes to vereen, to get them some touches.  This seems an obvious way to pick up the effectiveness by getting receivers energized... Rather than running decoy routes as it appears 90% of the time..

Edelman got open deep and tb overthrew him...  Then not so much... Maybe try again to hit that?  Eli throws like 10 long balls every game.  You gotta mix that stuff in. 

I'm nitpicking because it was a good win overall, but these are my points of contention.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Welker deserves 3 years and 30 million! Pay the man! Sadly, Pats fans may realize just how incredible Welker is once he is gone. I would say he has a decent shot at the hall of fame and if he retires a Patriot he would be a shoe in. If we lose Welker it WILL COST US WINS next year. This guy is tough as nails and one of the ALL TIME BEST. Edelman is underrated and is a huge loss on special teams. It's a damn shame he can't stay healthy and is not a viable consideration for a Welker replacement. Not even close. I would like to see Lloyd more involved over the next few weeks. Any staus on Gronk!!??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

my answer to this....run the dang ball more

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Well it is obvious that we need a deep threat.... If McD didn't suk so bad and our O-line wasn't so terrible, and our defense wasn't pathetic with below average Mayo leading the charge we probably could do better then the number 1 rushing td and number 2 passing td offense, and the lowest amount of turnovers in the LG.

Hopefully Stalworth can give us the influx of talent this roster really needs to win football games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yikes.  I hope this is only for a week.  People remember the Stallworth that had some speed and the ability to get separation.  Now he has neither.  He's Bethel Johnson now.  With guys on both sides (Lloyd) with the same lack of separation, and no Gronk, it forces TB to hold the ball that extra second.   TB is taking too many hits lately, and now he will be facing a formidable pass rush.  I'd rather they had moved WW out wide and give Shane Vereen the slot.

[/QUOTE]

Don't know about separation, but word out of training camp was that he looked very fast. Has to be the fastest receiver on the squad now.

[/QUOTE]He also dropped alot of passes!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well it is obvious that we need a deep threat.... If McD didn't suk so bad and our O-line wasn't so terrible, and our defense wasn't pathetic with below average Mayo leading the charge we probably could do better then the number 1 rushing td and number 2 passing td offense, and the lowest amount of turnovers in the LG.

Hopefully Stalworth can give us the influx of talent this roster really needs to win football games.

[/QUOTE]

I know this was some well placed sarcasm, but teams look for a deep threat for a reason.  The primary difference between our offense this year and last year is that our running game is more explosive now.  That's a good thing.  If we can't run when teams have stymied Brady we are in trouble.  It wouldn't hurt to have someone, anyone who can get deep more consistently too.  That also helps a team.  More importantly, it helps a team in the playoffs when your opponents are better.  I'm not going to say Stallworth is that guy.  I will hope though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know this was some well placed sarcasm, but teams look for a deep threat for a reason.  The primary difference between our offense this year and last year is that our running game is more explosive now.  That's a good thing.  If we can't run when teams have stymied Brady we are in trouble.  It wouldn't hurt to have someone, anyone who can get deep more consistently too.  That also helps a team.  More importantly, it helps a team in the playoffs when your opponents are better.  I'm not going to say Stallworth is that guy.  I will hope though.

[/QUOTE]

Caraway - you're an expert in identifying users with multiple fake accounts.  Care to shed some light on this board's recent trouble makers?  I assume your auto-report mechanism is fully functional still?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Yawn.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Looks like they continue to tinker with the offense and maybe want more from their outside / deep threats. 

[/QUOTE]

no separation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Things would be much better with a healthy Gronk, Hernandez and Welker all on the field together.

How many times has this taken place this season?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Stalworth is back because Edelman is done for the season. Stalworth can't replace him as a kick returner and that is a big loss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stalworth is back because Edelman is done for the season. Stalworth can't replace him as a kick returner and that is a big loss.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, this one hurts , Edelman did a lot for this team.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to jam757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker deserves 3 years and 30 million! Pay the man! Sadly, Pats fans may realize just how incredible Welker is once he is gone. I would say he has a decent shot at the hall of fame and if he retires a Patriot he would be a shoe in. If we lose Welker it WILL COST US WINS next year. This guy is tough as nails and one of the ALL TIME BEST. Edelman is underrated and is a huge loss on special teams. It's a damn shame he can't stay healthy and is not a viable consideration for a Welker replacement. Not even close. I would like to see Lloyd more involved over the next few weeks. Any staus on Gronk!!??

[/QUOTE]

I doubt you'll see Gronk for a minimum of two more games. Depending on if we're still in the run for a bye week we may not see him until the last game against Miami. He'll need that to get back in form.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Caraway - you're an expert in identifying users with multiple fake accounts.  Care to shed some light on this board's recent trouble makers?  I assume your auto-report mechanism is fully functional still?

[/QUOTE]

Don't have the time anymore Mightly.  My startup is no longer a startup and keeping me pretty busy. I'm not even on here much anymore.  I'd have to rewrite my auto-report for the new forum.  My linguistics friend is also too busy now.  He was using this to fine-tune some pattern recognition software he was developing.  He was developing algorithms to spot fake online reviews similar to what Yelp recently implmented.  It was pretty slick.  It would compare grammar and word usage and match posts likely written by the same person.  It was very informative when I used it.  Now we're actually getting real work done lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Edelman got deep a few times. We missed it more that hit it but he seemed to get open. That's why it stallworth over branch. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Silly, Welker would do nothing outside.

[/QUOTE]

Serious questions, What positions did Welker and Edelman play when they were in together a few games ago?

[/QUOTE]

Uhm, since Edelman is the third WR, it is safe to assume that Lloyd was out there with them. So, Welker played slot and Edelman and Lloyd played outside. How many 5'9 outside WRs do you know?

[/QUOTE]

How about the "Smurfs"?  These guys wern't to bad.  LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Gregory_Clayton

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DupeMa00.htm

Both these Wide Receivers were listed at 5'9"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you DJ. The problem is that BB/McD/Brady no longer use a deep threat. Brandon Lloyd for 2 years with mediocre QB's lead the lead in receptions over 21 yards without a drop. He is that guy. I think most likely Brady isn't as comfortable throwing the ball that far with accuracy any longer. At the same time why would we want him to. He is probably the most accurate passer inside of 20 yards in NFL history. Not throwing the ball deep is a primary reason Tommy has only thrown the 4 int's. notice the 1 time we threw deep on Sunday was a pick.

Ball control offense with a heavy commitment to running the ball is how our offense operates. If we really wanted to use a deep threat I would think Lloyd would have gotten more then his normal 40% of the snaps...again. Unless we think he is a bust too like Chad and Galloway were before him...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Serious questions, What positions did Welker and Edelman play when they were in together a few games ago?

[/QUOTE]

Uhm, since Edelman is the third WR, it is safe to assume that Lloyd was out there with them. So, Welker played slot and Edelman and Lloyd played outside. How many 5'9 outside WRs do you know?

[/QUOTE]

Mark Duper was the same size as WW.  Sure he's not playing any more, but I'm pretty sure if he was around today, with the new rules on contact he'd still succeed.  My main point is WW can get open more often that DS, even if he's lined up outside.  For that matter, use AH as a wideout and the other TEs inside.  AH is not nearly good enough yet at blocking anyway.

It's imperative that TB is not asked to hold the ball as long as he has over the last two games.  Too many hard hits.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about the "Smurfs"?  These guys wern't to bad.  LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Gregory_Clayton

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DupeMa00.htm

Both these Wide Receivers were listed at 5'9"

[/QUOTE]

Just read your post NC.  We were thinking the same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I don't know what people are expecting from this guy....but I wouldn't expect much besides a bench guy. In the last 4 seasons, Stallworth has a whopping 42 catches. So if you are expecting anything big from this guy like "separation" or "deep threats"...you are wasting your time.

He was average at best when he was here...and that was 5 years ago. I would have MUCH rather seen Gaffney resigned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know what people are expecting from this guy....but I wouldn't expect much besides a bench guy. In the last 4 seasons, Stallworth has a whopping 42 catches. So if you are expecting anything big from this guy like "separation" or "deep threats"...you are wasting your time.

He was average at best when he was here...and that was 5 years ago. I would have MUCH rather seen Gaffney resigned.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitally don't get your hopes up for Stallworth to contribute much, if anything to our offense.  Even in his prime he wasn't anything special, and he is well past his prime.  I would love to be wrong and see him haul in a couple of 50+ yard passes on Monday night, but just don't see it happenin'.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Stalworth is gonna act like he has something to prove and will be a madman out there!  He wants to show he has a place on this team.  Wouldn't that be great!  Imagine him and Lloyd at each end going deep?  Wide open middle!

Sections
Shortcuts