Stallworth back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Stallworth back

In response to sporter81's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

Stalworth is back because Edelman is done for the season. Stalworth can't replace him as a kick returner and that is a big loss.

Yup, this one hurts , Edelman did a lot for this team.

when he played, which wasnt much...soooooo  I thnk we will be fine. Its nice when he does play but better to not rely on him and he goes out in playoffs. Now they have a few weeks to get a replacement up to speed. Blessing in disguise that it happened now cuz it WOULD have happened in playoffs, where guys Hit harder!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I do agree with you DJ. The problem is that BB/McD/Brady no longer use a deep threat. Brandon Lloyd for 2 years with mediocre QB's lead the lead in receptions over 21 yards without a drop. He is that guy. I think most likely Brady isn't as comfortable throwing the ball that far with accuracy any longer. At the same time why would we want him to. He is probably the most accurate passer inside of 20 yards in NFL history. Not throwing the ball deep is a primary reason Tommy has only thrown the 4 int's. notice the 1 time we threw deep on Sunday was a pick.

Ball control offense with a heavy commitment to running the ball is how our offense operates. If we really wanted to use a deep threat I would think Lloyd would have gotten more then his normal 40% of the snaps...again. Unless we think he is a bust too like Chad and Galloway were before him...

That's a good point.  I didn't consider that angle.  Brady really isn't that good at the deep ball.  I had to chuckle when an announcer in a game this year said Brady was as good any any QB throwing the deep ball when he can step into it.  2007 was an anomoly.  I actually cringe everytime he throws it deep.  I feel like there is a 50% chance it will be picked off.  In fact, there are times I think his accuracy in general is diminishing. When the sad sad day comes that he retires, it won't surprise me to learn that his shoulder problems were worse than he ever let on.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

Don't have the time anymore Mightly.  My startup is no longer a startup and keeping me pretty busy. I'm not even on here much anymore.  I'd have to rewrite my auto-report for the new forum.  My linguistics friend is also too busy now.  He was using this to fine-tune some pattern recognition software he was developing.  He was developing algorithms to spot fake online reviews similar to what Yelp recently implmented.  It was pretty slick.  It would compare grammar and word usage and match posts likely written by the same person.  It was very informative when I used it.  Now we're actually getting real work done lol.

Sounds like things are working out for you, congrats!

By the way, Brady is the best deep ball passer in the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

In response to carawaydj's comment:

Don't have the time anymore Mightly.  My startup is no longer a startup and keeping me pretty busy. I'm not even on here much anymore.  I'd have to rewrite my auto-report for the new forum.  My linguistics friend is also too busy now.  He was using this to fine-tune some pattern recognition software he was developing.  He was developing algorithms to spot fake online reviews similar to what Yelp recently implmented.  It was pretty slick.  It would compare grammar and word usage and match posts likely written by the same person.  It was very informative when I used it.  Now we're actually getting real work done lol.

Sounds like things are working out for you, congrats!

By the way, Brady is the best deep ball passer in the game.

Can you program here?   I'm sure Dottie pays great.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

my answer to this....run the dang ball more

Agree with this, even if we don't initially gearing a lot of yards.  Maybe some screens and draw plays.  Also Vereen is a good receiver and may be used more in this game.  I don't think Houston has a great d line other than Watt.  They like to blitz to get pressure and Brady is really good against the blitz most of time.  A big key is to get at least six to seven yards on first and second downs, and stay out of third and long.  Defensively, BB wilthat've some new wrinkles.  

Sections
Shortcuts