Stallworth Detained in Accident Fatality Case

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Former Patriots' WR Donte' Stallworth has been detained by police after running into a pedestrian, while operating his motor vehicle at the Fisher Island ferry. Police apparently believe that Stallworth might have been intoxicated at the time of the incident. Accordingly, they are in the process of completing a blood test, to determine the blood/alcohol content in Stallworth's body, at the time of the accident: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/14/stallworth-detained-in-pedestrian-fatality/.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

What a waste. What a shame.

This is sad news for both families. When will people learn?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]What a waste. What a shame.

This is sad news for both families. When will people learn?[/Quote]

Amen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm down here in FL, and things look pretty bad. It's reported that Stallworth ran over a pedestrian with his Bentley. I never understand why these atheletes with so much dough can't used some common sense and get a limo driver when they hit the town to get tanked up. Just plain stupid!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It really isn't an athlete thing. I am guessing the average athlete probably gets in less drinking related incidents (traffic, etc) than the average american, although that is just a guess.

Stallworth wasn't a bad guy, or a punk or anything like that. What a stupid mistake. I wish people would think before they did stuff like this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]I'm down here in FL, and things look pretty bad. It's reported that Stallworth ran over a pedestrian with his Bentley. I never understand why these atheletes with so much dough can't used some common sense and get a limo driver when they hit the town to get tanked up. Just plain stupid![/Quote]

We don't know at this point whether Stallworth was "tanked up". The accident occurred at 7 a.m., and a spookesman from the Miami police stated that doing a blood test on Stallworth was "routine" in this sort of a situation.

I admit that it looks bad...but lets' wait until the results of the test come back, before we start trashing the guy any further.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrockon. Show patsrockon's posts

On his way to the beach to sleep IT off maybe?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Perhaps I spoke too soon. Apparently, theres' evidence that Stallworth had been drinking. Though he says that he had his last drink at midnight (the accident occurred at 7 a.m.), one has to wonder: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/14/prosecutors-poised-to-charge-stallworth-with-dui/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote] Perhaps I spoke too soon. Apparently, theres' evidence that Stallworth had been drinking. Though he says that he had his last drink at midnight (the accient occurred at 7 a.m.), on has to wonder: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/14/prosecutors-poised-to-charge-stallworth-with-dui/[/Quote]

Tex, when you go to south beach at a minimum you'll be drinking, most are doing much more than that.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Keep up the good work TexasPat. Enjoy your posts. Always knowledgeable and informative.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[Quote]

Tex, when you go to south beach at a minimum you'll be drinking, most are doing much more than that.[/Quote]

Peruvian marching powder does allow you to drink massive amounts and not feel drunk. However as soon as the coke wears off you are instantly bombed. I find the midnight thing suspicious. South Beach doesn't even get going until midnight. Probably more like 3 or 4 AM. And as anyone knows if you drink a lot until 3 or 4 you are still drunk at 7. Hell even if he was loaded at midnight he's still going to be in a fog at 7.

The rule is 1 hour for 1 drink but the more you drink the longer that time becomes. So if you have say a dozen drinks between 8 and 2 your probably still legally drunk at 7.

Of course all the speculation is moot. Blood tests don't lie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[Quote]Just another case of TexasPat showing his ignorance...give it a rest man...no one wants to hear your crap. TexasPat3 = King of the bandwagon fans!!!![/Quote]

THANK YOU BUG BOY. NOW WE ALL KNOW WHO THE DOMINANT PERSONALITY IS IN THE BUGBRAIN TODAY. WILL HESS GET THE BRAIN TO HIMSELF TOMORROW?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Having no idea what Stallworth had been up to and not really caring to speculate, it has been my experience that people tend to try to minimize their intake with phrases like "a few drinks" or "several hours ago" in the face of police questioning. The bottom line is that if you trip over an empty beer can on the street your blood-alcohol level could spike .08.

This is tragic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It looks like Stallworth is going to be charged: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-stallworthcharges031509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/19/report-stallworth-over-the-legal-limit/

what a shame.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It was 7 am. I wonder how high it was at about midnight? He'll most likely get off with minimal jail time...if any. For his sake I hope he has a nice bank account. We'll also get to see how Goodell handles a case where someone actually dies. If I was a rich athlete I'd be riding around with a chauffer just to avoid these kind of things. Some lawyers are going to get rich over this one, to be sure!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If he was cheating on his wife down in south florida and im not saying he was but think of it, he stoped drinking at midnight? why would you go all teh way to south florida and then stop drinking at midnight? unless you met some some p*ssy at the club and went back to her place. Why else would he be driving home at 7 in the morning if he had stoped drinking at midnight? Its just a what if but that would make sense to me. but in the end he was probally lying when he said he stoped drinking and was probally tanked when he hit that guy and as much as i like the guy mistake or not he got drunk and got behind the wheal and a man is dead and he deserves whatever he gets for taking that mans life. That is IF he was drunk when it happened.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Also I agree it is retarded for someone with that kind of money to not hire a driver. Hell I would have a driver all teh time if i was that rich just to say i have a driver lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

And florida is real bad with there DUI,s,and you add DUI manslaughter to it.he could be looking at least 8yrs.its things like this that can be avoided.take a taxi!its cheaper in the long run.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If he was drunk when he hit that guy he deserves to go to jail for 8 or more years no doubt. Two kids I graduated with from high school both joined the USMC right out of high school both went to Iraq both survived the war and both came home only to be killed by drunk drivers off base before they were even able to come home. drinking and driving is not cool by any means, i will walk home before i will get in the car after drinking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Hopefully Goodell and his minions at NFL headquarters will stay out of it and let the laws and courts to do their jobs. Marvin and Plaxico look like they will go unpunished.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Plex is going to see jail time your crazy. i unless they reported something today that I missed? The mayor of New York has said he wants them to push for the max which would be like 4 years in jail or something like that. He brought a unregistered hand gun into a night club full of people at 3:am in the morning and was lucky he was the only one hurt when his gun went off. He will see jail time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/police-wont-confirm-tv-report-that-cleveland-browns-receiver-donte-stallworth-was-legally-drunk-214779.html

forget the 8yrs.lets say 15.yikes!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I wouldn't count that particular egg before it got laid, if I was me.

Accomplished lawyers can do magical things with the truth when the money is right.

I remember a certain double-murderer who walked around free for years because his lawyers painted the investigtion as tainted by race.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if some smart*ss lawyer doesn't end up painting Cool Hand Plaxico as the victim here.

Sections
Shortcuts