Stallworth Detained in Accident Fatality Case

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea but Plex didnt kill anyone, Stallworth did and he will probally end up in jail for it as he should.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Apples and oranges, of course.

The above response was in reference to Cool Hand, but Stallworth is actually looking down a similar hole. I didn't check on that 15-year sentence link but for involuntary manslaughter I would expect something like five -- serve two.
    I would say that this is a terrible shame but I just can't, for the life of me, understand why someone with substantial bags of cash doesn't have a driver for when he wants to get tanked. It's hard to generate much sympathy for people who drive around intoxicated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

No way man, if he was drunk he will get the max no doubt and I think for manslaughter its 15 years in jail and he would have to serve 10 I think. I am no lawyer but that would be my guess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

He won't get the max.

He won't get anywhere near it.

I lived in Florida for years.

Manslaughter is gravy.

I used to work with a guy who killed a dude who was banging his wife.

Three years, he got, and the fact that he was drunk when he did it entered into the discussion barely at all.

Now drunk driving is bad, and if you or I had done this, we might expect to do seven or eight years. But Stallworth can afford the kind of lawyer who can move and shake in Miami.

All due respect, killa, but two years.

Write it down.

I'll bet ya'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

C'mon..Dante will need the best lawyer available to attempt to limit his jail time...but the wrongful death civil suit will cost him or his insurance company quite a few million...sad, unfortunate , and stupid...another one bites the dust.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]I wouldn't count that particular egg before it got laid, if I was me.

Accomplished lawyers can do magical things with the truth when the money is right.

I remember a certain double-murderer who walked around free for years because his lawyers painted the investigtion as tainted by race.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if some smart*ss lawyer doesn't end up painting Cool Hand Plaxico as the victim here.[/Quote]

The problem with that OJ deal is thatthe defense PROVED that the detectives and the prosecution team (yes, that same whacky bunch that couldn't get a convction on the Menendez Bros AFTER they confessed to the double murders of Mommy and Daddy) had a RACIALLY MOTIVATED bias vendetta against OJ. COmpound that with the fact they botched the investigation, compromised teh crime scene (remember the DA waltzing around in her high heels?), and mishandled evidence, which all gave reasonable doubt. Personally, I think OJ did it. But, legally, the defense cracked open the light of doubt.

Pax and Donte were just plain dumb.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

All those things are true, AZ, and the whole "reasonable doubt" qualifier is ludicrous to begin with. I don't know if you're much of a South Park fan, but the Wookiee Defense is as believable as anything Cochran and Co., trotted out. Any attorney worth his rhetoric can create reasonable doubt that the earth is round. It takes a jury willing to abandon its common sense to miscarry justice to the degree Judge Ito allowed. That whole thing was a farce from beginning to end and I have absolutely zero faith than any justice of any kind is acheivable in the face of the kind of celebrity worship most people in this country exhibit.

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.