Stallworth for 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Stallworth for 2010

Give the Browns a low draft pick and bring him back as the 3rd WR.

Peter King wrote,

Donte' Stallworth is on the verge of being reinstated by the NFL.
    I'm hearing that after the Super Bowl, commissioner Roger Goodell will reinstate disgraced wide receiver Donte' Stallworth so that he'll be able to sign with any NFL team in 2010. Stallworth will be 29 this offseason and is still under contract with the Browns. Should Cleveland cut him, there's no guarantee he'll get a job in the league, though he seems to have turned the corner after his DUI manslaughter conviction in March led to the widely decried month's jail sentence plus probation -- plus a huge settlement (thought to be between $3 million and $5 million) with the family of the victim he ran over, Mario Reyes, on a Miami causeway early in the morning of March 14 last year.
    Goodell recently met with Stallworth for two hours, and he came away impressed that Stallworth would devote time for the foreseeable future to anti-drunk-driving causes. Living in south Florida, Stallworth is coaching kids part-time and working out seriously to try to get in the kind of shape that would convince a team to give the well-traveled and chastened receiver one more shot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Stallworth for 2010

Would be one of the best moves they could make. Doubt Cleveland just lets him walk -- he actually has talent. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Not to mention he killed someone......but hey, he runs fast, so lets pick him up, again.

He's the high character, football first type that this team's been missing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

I was surprised that the Pats let him go without a fight after 2007. He was a good possession/Y.A.C. guy if I remember correctly.

I'd do it. Despite what he did, I was impressed at how he handled himself during the whole trial; he was very mature about accepting the consequences of what he had done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Mature about accepting the consequences?

I would be curious to have seen how "mature" Stallworth would have been had he been unable to float that check (thought to be between $3 million and $5 million) and had been looking at 15 years instead of 30 days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

ok, it is NOT fair to just say "he killed someone".  He was in an ACCIDENT.  A guy was running across a major roadway that was NOT supposed to be crossed by pedestrian traffic.  If stallworth hadn't have had a few to drink, the DA would not have had any case at all, and that is straight from the DAs office.  He stayed, admited fault, and did what he could as far as restitution with no guarantee of a lessened jail sentence.  HE MANNED UP.  I'd take him back in a second.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

moss, edelman, stallworth, branch, tate, and welker(when back)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

mbeaulieu07, America is about second chances. He made a monumental mistake and has paid and will continue to pay for it, but does that mean he cannot continue with his life?
    Whether he's a common worker or a pro athlete he has a life to live and he can help as he has shown those the errors of DWI. Maybe a small amount of good can come of his situation if he can reach someone and have them stop drinking before they take a life. Lets give him the chance to redeem himself and give something back....I'm just saying...ya know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

for those saying he deserves a 2nd chance...you do realize that had it been anyone of us...we would be rotting in a prison cell down in miami for a good, long time...which is only a small step above what you see in those "locked up abroad" shows...so take that for whats its worth but i wouldnt want any part of this guy on the phins no matter how many wins he garnered us

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Davedsone,
    Spin it anyway you want, the net of things is he killed someone.  He's a felon, convicted of DUI manslaugter. 

.126 is more than a "few to drink"........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Donte deserves a 2nd chance in the NFL, not in NE. The Pats need a #3 that is an actual threat, something Donte seldom was while he was here. Heaven help us if Moss went down and Stallworth was our best deep threat. Unless they can sign him cheap, and as a freeagent #4, I think they should look elsewhere. I'd rather they used that 2nd chance on Plaxico.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Harleyroadking103,
    Plain and simple, I don't want the Pat's to be the team to give this guy another chance, regardless.

If some other organization wants to give him a shot, more power to him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

Is the same Stallworth that barely contributed to the Patriots when he was here?  He was either injured or dropped balls.  He wasn't even our #3 in 2007 - We had Moss, Welker, Gaffney and then Stallworth.  There are better WRs available or could be availabl via a trade like Boldin or Marshall -don't give me crap about a baggage - players with worse baggage have come here and done great.

If Stallworth is the Patriots answers for next year, our Sundays will be free again come early January.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Don't want Stallworth either. 

Should have kept Gaffney. A move we will regret for some time. 

Edelman is not a legit 2nd or 3rd WR in the NFL...at least not yet. 

Moss is slowing down and best years far behind him.

Welker is out at least through 6 games next year.

Tate now has history with both knees.

Aiken is and always will be a special teamer.

The WR position for 2010 is as important as drafting/finding a quality DE/OLB. If we don't do something at the WR spot and make a splash (2 quality signings), it will be groundhog day AKA Baltimore smokes Pats every Sunday next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

mbeaulieu07,  I can agree with thatCool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I like Kevin Walter. I think he is good enough, like Gaff, to man that spot for a season. 

Walter, Moss, Edelman can certainly hold the fort down if NE gets a OL, TE, and RB that can really shake things up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I like Brandon LaFell from LSU...Zb, you probably have seen a lot of him.  I think he's the all around receiving threat that could fill a gaping hole in this offense for years.  If we get him (or any of a number of other promising guys in the draft), and Tate and Edelman develop into at least solid players, the receiver position is in much better shape for the future.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Forgot to mention that I really like Malcom Floyd from the Chargers.  He's an enormous target who can go over the middle and use his height and strength to make plays down the field.  He's a restricted free agent but the Chargers have a lot of free agents (including Vincent Jackson) so they may let him walk for a draft pick, which I think would be worth it (even if its as high as a second rounder).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Welker wont be 100% till 2011

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

Stallworth will not be back as a PAT...  Never go back as it will never be the same. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I would love to have Marshall if Denver didn't want to much for him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

What is it about wanting to bring on team cancers such as Stallworth, Merriman, Marshall, etc lately.

The team has enough problems. We don't need more.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Gazzzmann, I believe you are correct. Welker will not be the Welker we know and love this upcoming year until at least the last 1/3 of the season.

Sections
Shortcuts