stallworth gets 1 yr suspension.is this fair compared to vicks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

stallworth gets 1 yr suspension.is this fair compared to vicks?

well you have to say they both did there time.sure stallworth got off real easy,but he did his time.so is this a fair suspension compared to vicks?one is for killing dogs,and lieing to authorities,and the other is for DUI.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/13/stallworth-suspended-for-a-year/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: stallworth gets 1 yr suspension.is this fair compared to vicks?

you would have to say yes.for we are talking about a human life compared to an animals.plus like you stated stallworth got off easy with a 30 day jail sentence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Absolutely not. Vick never should have gotten jail time for killing a fr*ggin dog and stallworth should be doing hard time for vehicular homicide.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I don't think Stallworth "got off easy."  Unfortunately he had been drinking, but that does not change the fact that that Reyes really was jay walking, crossing a busy  four lane highway which in fact has jersey barriers dividing it. In my mind he caused the accident. Stallworth has taken full responsibility, and I'm sure paid the Reyes family plenty to try and compensate for this tragedy.

Mr. Goody strikes again.

and to answer the question no it wasn't fair . Goodell, without knowing all the facts has again become judge and jury!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

In Response to Re: stallworth gets 1 yr suspension.is this fair compared to vicks?:
    [QUOTE]Absolutely not. Vick never should have gotten jail time for killing a fr*ggin dog and stallworth should be doing hard time for vehicular homicide.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

While I disagree with your premise, technically, Vick was not incarcerated for killing dogs.  He did his time for (corrected--thanks bub) the stuff in the next post on this thread. 

Personally, I think he should have been strung up by the balls for what he did to those dogs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: stallworth gets 1 yr suspension.is this fair compared to vicks?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: stallworth gets 1 yr suspension.is this fair compared to vicks? : While I disagree with your premise, technically, Vick was not incarcerated for killing dogs.  He did his time for lying to federal authorities during the course of an investigation.  Personally, I think he should have been strung up by the balls for what he did to those dogs. 
    Posted by GhostOfLombardi[/QUOTE]

It wasn't for lying to authorities (although that charge may have been added), but for racketeering and illegal interstate commerce. Any charges of animal cruelty would have to come from the Commonwealth of Virginia, though I haven't heard of them charging him. I don't know about stringing him up by the sack, but I have a huge catawba tree in my back yard and a pretty stout length of rope! I'd have no objections...

As far as Stallworth goes, I do think it's fair. At least on the side of the league. He could have done more jail time, but that's a different discussion. In Donte's case, it was an accident. What Vick did was malicious, and done for profit to boot (like he really needed the cash with a $130 million contract plus endorsements).So Vick did deserve a stiffer penalty, IMO. I also would have liked to see Vick have to sit out this season, but I'm sure his supporters would condemn me and say I was biased being an animal lover (no, not like Leon, who has sex with them, I just like the furry little bastids!). What Stallworth did was wrong, but the victim does need to accept some culpability, and there was no intent on Stallworth's part.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"Absolutely not. Vick never should have gotten jail time for killing a fr*ggin dog and stallworth should be doing hard time for vehicular homicide. " - Unclealfie

You are an idiot. First of all are you really saying it ok for someone to kill dogs? So if you had a dog and I came to your house and tortured it for weeks before killing it that would be ok to you? You dont think that kind of behavior is pysco? Littlle kids who kill cats are sent to head doctors because they could grow up to be serial killers but Vick does it and you say its ok? You are a moron.

"and to answer the question no it wasn't fair . Goodell, without knowing all the facts has again become judge and jury!" - NEGAME

Listen I hate goodel as much as the next guy but this statement is just plain wrong. What do you mean he does not have all teh facts? He 100% has all teh fact forChrist sake we all have all the facts. Stallworth plead guilty to his mistake and gave all teh details of how this happened to both teh courts and the NFL so Goodel had all teh facts when he made this choice so what the he ll are you talking about?

Now to answer the question, neither Vick nor Stallworth should ever be allowed to play in the NFL again. Is this fair to suspend Stallworth for a year and not Vick? Nope cause neither should eb allowed to play. But putting that aside lets talk about this for a second.

All the Vick w hores who want to see him back can say is "he did his time" which is true and so did Stallworth. Now we all agree that Stallworht got off easy but that is neither for us nor is it for Goodel to say, the judge in that case ruled and that is that. So if you say Vick can play then Stallworth should be able to play. Lets dig into this even further. Stallworth was honest and straight forward with the police from the get go and he showed honest remorse for the mistake he made. I beleave Stallworth will never forgive himself for what he did it was truly an accident. He could have prevented it by taking a cap but he didnt but at least he was sorry about it. I have not seen Vick show one tiny bit of remorse since he got out of jail. He has not done a press conference or apoligized publicly for his actions. Vick lied to everyone he could about what he did until he had no more lies to tell and then he came clean. So Stallworth showed remorse and did not lie about his actions and Vick has shown no remorse and he lied every chance he got so if Vick is allowed to play why isnt Stallworth? At least Stallworth was sorry for his mistake. Not to mention that Stallworth did not plan on killed that man, it was not premeditated the way Vick's was. Vick committed a well thought out crime, he started a criminal orginization with his money and on his property. If he had killed a human it would be considered premeditated murder because he planned it out before he did it. Stallworth committed man slaghter meaning it was a mistake and he never meant to hurt anyone but Vick being the sick and twisted person that he is committed a premeditated crime for his own sick and twisted reasons. Vick is a POS with no place in pro sports. Stallworth is a man who made a big mistake and also should be banned for life. But if Vick can play Stallworth should be allowed to play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2301317. Show user_2301317's posts

I love dogs have two of them but since when did a dogs life become more important than a humans. i don't understand how Vick what he did was horrible is all of the sudden the worst person on earth when you have Brandon Marshall down in Denver who repeatedly hit his girlfriend and nobody seems to care. If you can tell me how that makes sense that a person goes to jain for 18 months for killed dogs yet someone can kill of harm a person and go to jain at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RobertBro. Show RobertBro's posts

OK, one last time for all the slow folks out there:  saying what Vick did was worse than what Stallworth did does not mean you value a dog's life more than a human's. 

Michael Vick did not accidentally hit a dog that ran out in front of his car.  With premeditation and repeatedly over a long period of time, he sponsored and participated in the torture, suffering and death of intelligent, emotionally sensitive beings for fun, profit and entertainment.  That's vicious, cruel and sadistic.  There's no place for that kind of behavior in civilized society. 

Does anyone here really believe differently?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pats2001 if you ask me none of them should be allowed to play. If you beat your wife/girlfriend you should be banned, if you get more then one DUI you should be banned (I say more then 1 because a lot of people drink and drive not just football players) If you kill someone or are envolved in a shooting or other violent crimes you should be banned. I dont think there should be any place in the NFL for people like that. Vick should be banned and so should anyone else who does anything like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The only way to solve the Vick / Stallworth debate is for a third player to come along and repeatedly torture and kill a bunch of people in some kind of "fight club" scenario so we can have an actuall apples-to-apples comparison.

Maybe Pac Man is available.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2301317. Show user_2301317's posts

Alright RobertBro you can separate the Stallworth situation but i am more curious about the Marshall situation. He has been clearly hitting his girlfriend many times and personally i know this sounds bad but i am going to kill a dog any day before i beat my girlfriend. Yet Marshall is getting very little in the way of public backlash or anything like that everybody is just kind of brushing it off like it is no big deal. I don't know if you guys saw it but there was an outside the line report a few months ago on the Marshall situation and it is very clear that he is doing at least to some extent of what is girlfriend said he did. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Both Vick & Stallworth are bone heads.  The difference is that Vicks crime was
    premeditated, chronic and longstanding.  Stallworth at least did not intend to kill
    anyone.  I guess intent matters to some extent.  That does not ablsolve Stallworth but there is a underlying difference bewtween the two crimes.

Vick's actions stem from a basic depravity.  Stallworth's actions stem form stupidity.  Both end results are abhorent but I do see a big difference in their
    mental makeups.

I actually think they both got off rather easy but if I had to rate their crimes then
    Vick's is the worse of the two by far.  I do not buy the arguement that it was
    only dogs.  Intentional cruelty is to me far worse than negligance (stupidity).

Both crimes are disturbing...and I really worry about where American Culture is going that this type of behavior is... well... tolerated to the extent that it is.

I'm sure this type of stuff has gone on in the past but I am not comfortable with

the way it's accepted.  "Everybody makes mistakes"!  "Everyone deserves a second chance"!  Yes I suppose but it sends the message that it's ok...well not everything is ok.   There are inate rights and wrongs..we don't always have to make

mistakes to learn them...good grief.  Just basic human decencey...seems its a lot to ask for these days I guess.

Just my 2 cents.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

right on RX

Pats 2001 the one thing and I could be wrong that keeps Marshall safe is his girlfriend wont press charges. Am I right about this? If she wont press charges then what can the law and or NFL do about it? I agree with you, anyone who beats there women is a POS and has no place in the NFL. I dont like Marshall so if his lady ever does press charges and get him in trouble then I hope they ban him. But seeing as they have let Vick back in, and will at some point let Stallworth back in I am guessing that Marshall will get a slap on the wrist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It disturbs me that so many of the Vick supporters seem to think what he did was somehow less sadistic and psychotic because he did it to dogs. To commit such acts on any other living creature implies that there are deep rooted mental deficiencies in this guy's head! While Stallworth's offense did cost another human being his life, such accidents happen daily, and they are just that, accidents. Just to consider the statutes of killing a man, premeditated is first degree murder, and carries a life sentence (or the death penalty where it's allowed). Yet killing someone in anger is a much lesser crime (intent is present, but it was not planned), and usually the offender will get 20 years or so. Manslaughter (intent absent) is Stallworth's crime, and only because he had been drinking. Had he been sober (or simply not "drunk enough" to pass the legal limit), he would have been charged with nothing, except perhaps speeding. Another thing that I cannot understand is the repeated belief that Vick went to jail for the acts he committed on the dogs. His crimes (that he did time for) were racketeering (running the gambling ring), and illegal interstate commerce. He was never charged for what he did to the dogs. Were he to face animal cruelty charges he would likely do far less time than were he charged with manslaughter. While I admit I'm a bit bias as I love my animals (probably more than I care about most other people), I still think Vick should have been handed at least another year's suspension. You really cannot count his jail time, as he was not even available to play. But what I'm most appalled by is the fact that most people simply ignore any implications of what may have caused Vick to commit such heinous acts, albeit to dogs rather than humans. Most serial killers started out as children by torturing animals and experiencing pleasure in the acts (whether sexual in nature or otherwise). Any high school kid caught doing such things would be put through a lot of psycological evaluation to determine if he was (or would be) a danger to society. Yet nobody has even suggested Vick may suffer from any such mental illness. I can only assume that is because of his celebrity. But that does not make him immune from it! I'd like to put a question to all the Vick supporters. If a man moved into the house next door to you, and you found out that he had previously tortured animals like Vick did, would you feel secure in letting your children play in the yard when he was about? I'm guessing most people would react harshly to such a scenario, and warn their kids to stay away from the guy quite sternly. I'm sure you would also be speculating that the guy was psychotic, and likely to do something to another human at some point. But because Vick entertains you (and he's not moving into your neighborhood) he's "done his time", and "deserves a second chance". Please be honest, then see if your opinion of Vick drops a little (or a lot). I'm sure if a Jeffrey Dahmer or a Charlie Manson were to move into your neighborhood you would all be loading up your shotguns as we speak! Just a little perspective for those who take Vick's sadistic acts too lightly!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

One of the things I keep not hearing whenever Vick's name comes up is what I call the Bigger D*ck Corollary. Vick may or may not harbor a psychotic bent, or be entirely amoral, but my guess is the dogfighting ring and attendent gambling was little more than his "culture's" answer to Latin "machismo" -- that is, a way for guys to prove their own manhood without really risking anything tangible of their own. Suggesting that Vick and his buddies were merely waving their d*cks around symbolically probably sounds like psychobabble to a lot of you, but I'm betting the reason you haven't heard this argument is that it lends itself quite nicely to charges of racsim, and we simply can't have that in our tolerant, inclusive, enlightened society . . .  now can we.

Me?

I don't really care.

Even I get tired of bashing Tony Dungy eventually.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Absolutely not. Vick never should have gotten jail time for killing a fr*ggin dog and stallworth should be doing hard time for vehicular homicide.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Vick didn't get jail time for killing a dog. He was charged with knowingly sponsoring and exhibiting an animal fighting venture and conducting a business enterprise involving gambling, as well as buying, transporting and receiving dogs for the purposes of an animal fighting venture. He pleaded guilty to one count of "conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]The only way to solve the Vick / Stallworth debate is for a third player to come along and repeatedly torture and kill a bunch of people in some kind of "fight club" scenario so we can have an actuall apples-to-apples comparison. Maybe Pac Man is available.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Finally, someone makes sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Both Vick & Stallworth are bone heads.  The difference is that Vicks crime was premeditated, chronic and longstanding.  Stallworth at least did not intend to kill anyone.  I guess intent matters to some extent.  That does not ablsolve Stallworth but there is a underlying difference bewtween the two crimes. Vick's actions stem from a basic depravity.  Stallworth's actions stem form stupidity.  Both end results are abhorent but I do see a big difference in their mental makeups. I actually think they both got off rather easy but if I had to rate their crimes then Vick's is the worse of the two by far.  I do not buy the arguement that it was only dogs.  Intentional cruelty is to me far worse than negligance (stupidity). Both crimes are disturbing...and I really worry about where American Culture is going that this type of behavior is... well... tolerated to the extent that it is. I'm sure this type of stuff has gone on in the past but I am not comfortable with the way it's accepted.  "Everybody makes mistakes"!  "Everyone deserves a second chance"!  Yes I suppose but it sends the message that it's ok...well not everything is ok.   There are inate rights and wrongs..we don't always have to make mistakes to learn them...good grief.  Just basic human decencey...seems its a lot to ask for these days I guess. Just my 2 cents.....  
    Posted by rxmsg[/QUOTE]

What if it were an illegal Frog fighting ring and he killed frogs. Where would that rate?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

PMike as you already know its ok for people like you and I to say such "racist" things because we cant be racist if we hate everyone equally. LoL

You are right, if someone would come out and not be so PC about it they would say a lot of very true things about Vick and what he did. People who say its a culture thing are just trying to be PC because clearly whether your black or white if you live in America then you know its not ok to do such things and it is not culture. torturing and killing animals for fun is not a part of American culture we do not live in Africa or Mexico where such things are a part of their culture Vick lives in America and in America its sick and twisted to do such things. So when they say its  a "culture" thing what they mean is its a Black thing that poor black people in the ghetto do or poor spanish people do or poor white people do. Its not a culture things its a moron thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]One of the things I keep not hearing whenever Vick's name comes up is what I call the Bigger D*ck Corollary. Vick may or may not harbor a psychotic bent, or be entirely amoral, but my guess is the dogfighting ring and attendent gambling was little more than his "culture's" answer to Latin "machismo" -- that is, a way for guys to prove their own manhood without really risking anything tangible of their own. Suggesting that Vick and his buddies were merely waving their d*cks around symbolically probably sounds like psychobabble to a lot of you, but I'm betting the reason you haven't heard this argument is that it lends itself quite nicely to charges of racsim, and we simply can't have that in our tolerant, inclusive, enlightened society . . .  now can we. Me? I don't really care. Even I get tired of bashing Tony Dungy eventually.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Actually, it kind of embraces Diversity. No problem here. 

I think it is pretty well established that in some cultures, pitting animals against other animals is accepted and not considered immoral by any stretch. I am not sure if Latino culture embraces dogfighting, but they sure are big on cockfighting. Asian cultures are also big on cockfighting. For those who run the rings, there surely must be some pressure to embrace the cruelty involved and those who don't would be considered p*ssies by the others. I don't see Vick as a budding sociopath as the behavior is not similar with that of true sociopaths whose killings are private.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Ok but when Vick r apes or kills a human then he is truely a bad person? give me a break you have to be a twisted SOB to do the things that he did and culture had nothing to do with it. He was trying to impress his moron ghetto buddies from back in the day to prove how tough he was by killing a bunch of dogs. He is a low life.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Maybe I didn't say it right, but this:

"He was trying to impress his moron ghetto buddies from back in the day to prove how tough he was by killing a bunch of dogs."

is exactly the point I was trying to make. That is why you see the word "culture" in quotation marks in my post -- because it's bullsh*t.