Stallworth Partied Hearty With Braylon Edwards On Fateful Morning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Stallworth Partied Hearty With Braylon Edwards On Fateful Morning

Its' been reported that Browns' WR Braylon Edwards had partied hearty through the wee morning hours with teammate/friend Donte' Stallworth...just prior to Stallworth driving and running over a pedestrian at in Miami at 7 a.m..

Edwards amassed a tap at the club where he and Donte' were "blowing off steam" of nearly $3500.00 for the night. He also said that Donte' "looked fine" when he left. Stallworth would later tell police that he "only had 3-4 shots of tequila at most".

Of course, Edwards and Donte' failed to mention anything about marijuana being used...and Edwards didn't volunteer whether Donte' helped him drink the bottles of champaigne and vodka that he had ordered: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/07/edwards-partied-with-stallworth-on-night-of-accident/     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: Stallworth Partied Hearty With Braylon Edwards On Fateful Morning

So what, they all party big and Stallworth may have dodged a larger punishment but this will still ruin the rest of his NFL career.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Let's not bash our justice system, after all it's the best money can buy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Stallworth Partied Hearty With Braylon Edwards On Fateful Morning:
    So what, they all party big and Stallworth may have dodged a larger punishment but this will still ruin the rest of his NFL career.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09

The interesting point was the conduct of Braylon Edwards. Is this something that "Jets" Goodell is going to investigate? Is this type of partying par for the course with Edwards? Were other NFL teams like the Giants who were possibly  interested in trading for Edwards aware of this? Did it lower his trade value?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

i like this guys response to that article:

1. Omega says: July 7, 2009 8:57 PM

WOW, Edwards was out after 2:00 drinking with a bar tab over several hundred of $$$$. HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED!!!! I don't care how he got home. I don't care how many of his posse were free loaders. The commish needs to send a message right now. The idea of professional athletes drinking in public MUST BE STOPPED.

Thank you St. Michael for bringing this to our attention.

Omega
      The Last Word!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Players who get plastered on booze all the time have no stamina.  They look good on paper, they can lift the weights, but they give up in December.  Remove Edwards from your fantasy list.  For that matter, avoid Cleveland.

Watch out for Buffalo too.  A whole SUV full of Bills players ran over a woman in a crosswalk at 3:00 a.m. in their bar district, then kept on going so they wouldn't pick up any DUI legal problems.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I hadn't heard about the Buffalo issue. I wonder did Braylon Edwards drive home himself (evidently without incident), or was he smart enough to take a cab or call a friend?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

This is a none issue, unless Edwards also killed a man? or got pulled over for DUI it does not matter. And there is no proof that he was smoking weed either, Stallworth might have but that does not mean Edwards did. I smoke weed and not all my friends do so if we are all having a party and i want to go have a smoke me and anyone else who partakes go outside or somewhere alone so's not to bother any of teh other party goers. So who is to say Stallworth didnt smoke a joint on the ride home or in the bathroom with a girl or who knows what. You cant just attatch Edwards to Stallworth just because they partied together. As far as we know they both got sh*t faced and Edwards called a cab like a smart person and Stallworth didnt. Grown men are allowed to go to a bar and spend there money, who cares if his tab was huge? He has the money to spend so let him spend it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: Stallworth Partied Hearty With Braylon Edwards On Fateful Morning:
    I hadn't heard about the Buffalo issue. I wonder did Braylon Edwards drive home himself (evidently without incident), or was he smart enough to take a cab or call a friend?
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Maybe he was staying at the hotel? As for the poor guy that got run over, it seems he didn't know that you're supposed to cross at a corner. He ran out in to traffic in the middle of the block. It seems like this tragedy was a combination of poor choices from both people involved.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I'm not defending Stallworth for what he did but I've been to South Beach and $3500 isn't that hard to spend in some of the establishments there.

And regarding weed, your body doesn't brake it down quickly like alcohol.  It stays in your system for days, if not months, so he may not have even been stoned at the time.  There's no reason at all that Edwards should face any disciplinary action.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I hadn't heard about the Buffalo issue.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

That was star Buffalo running back Marshawn Lynch's first "run-in" with the law, a whole year ago.  They found a missing piece of an SUV in the crosswalk, an indentation on the victim, and the rest of the SUV in Lynch's driveway.  Lynch got off with a warning from the NFL commish that year, because no one could prove he was drunk at the time, and what's a hit and run worth? 

Since then, Lynch was suspended for three games for carrying an illegal firearm, so in the end he did receive something for his accumulated trouble.  One of those suspended games is the opening day contest against the Patriots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

this thread is a RRRRRRRRRRReeeeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!! Got nothing better to do than complain about a rich athlete spending HIS money, yeah a person was killed, but come on man!

Sections
Shortcuts