Stallworth released.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Stallworth released.......

Not surprised he was released but I love Jabbs and Branch sticking around...............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Stallworth released.......

Yeah, I'm not surprised either. He did make a couple of nice catches in that last pre season game, but even when he was younger I don't remember him being very good.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm surprised, Branch sucks now. Stallworth must really suck, but Gaffney beat him in 2007 as a nobody. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Stallworth released.......:
    [QUOTE]I'm surprised, Branch sucks now. Stallworth must really suck, but Gaffney beat him in 2007 as a nobody. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

But how good does Branch have to be as the final WR on the team? We are talking about the 5th WR. Maybe comfort and crisp route running is more important then being able to get downfield quickly for a #5 WR? If it was me knowing Lloyd is an outside threat, Hern and Welker have the ability to play outside, and Gaffney is also an outside the numbers WR maybe someone who can create space inside is more important then an outside burner when your QB is a bit older and losing some arm strength. Doesn't mean Stallworth sucks worse then Branch (which I think he does) but that Branch might be the better fit #5 WR for the team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]But how good does Branch have to be as the final WR on the team? We are talking about the 5th WR. Maybe comfort and crisp route running is more important then being able to get downfield quickly for a #5 WR? If it was me knowing Lloyd is an outside threat, Hern and Welker have the ability to play outside, and Gaffney is also an outside the numbers WR maybe someone who can create space inside is more important then an outside burner when your QB is a bit older and losing some arm strength. Doesn't mean Stallworth sucks worse then Branch (which I think he does) but that Branch might be the better fit #5 WR for the team
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    We have to have all-pros at every position. Back-ups too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]We have to have all-pros at every position. Back-ups too.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I know that it was sarcasm but ideally yes we would, lol. But, in reality you can't so the backups of backups should really fill a role that might be needed to change things up every so often or differs from the other players ahead of them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Branch had nothing left in the tank by the SB and I am really not sure Gabbs will be much better than Stallworth. It is what it is and we have tons of options already our #5/6 receiving option would have been fine with any of these guys in the spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I was hoping Stallworth would have stuck, but he didn't do enough on the field to oust Branch.  Maybe if Branch is further down the depth chart he'll have more gas in his tank at the end of the year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]  Maybe if Branch is further down the depth chart he'll have more gas in his tank at the end of the year.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

manage his rep count.......Yep.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Branch had nothing left in the tank by the SB and I am really not sure Gabbs will be much better than Stallworth. It is what it is and we have tons of options already our #5/6 receiving option would have been fine with any of these guys in the spot.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

don't forget though that Branch was the #2 WR last year and on the field a lot. If Gaffney and Branch split time then there would be a lot less wear and tear on both of them by Feb

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stallworth released....... : don't forget though that Branch was the #2 WR last year and on the field a lot. If Gaffney and Branch split time then there would be a lot less wear and tear on both of them by Feb

+1

Gaff and Branch just have more chemisry with brady.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Stallworth released.......": [QUOTE]I was hoping Stallworth would have stuck, but he didn't do enough on the field to oust Branch.  Maybe if Branch is further down the depth chart he'll have more gas in his tank at the end of the year. Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE] Agree with you DJ. Branch played 75% of the snaps last year. That shouldn't have happened. He may be more effective if he has his legs under him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stallworth released....... : don't forget though that Branch was the #2 WR last year and on the field a lot. If Gaffney and Branch split time then there would be a lot less wear and tear on both of them by Feb

That's a good point. Branch has a knack for getting himself open and making plays on those 3rd and 7 downs. He looked like he was wearing down late last season, having the other guys should help give him more rest.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts