Stallworth to Return to Pats?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Stallworth to Return to Pats?

I don't care if he comes back to the Pats or not.
    Yes he killed a man.
    Murder or manslaughter there is a difference but there is still a person dead at the end of it all. I and most do not condone it in any way shape or manner................
    However this is where the sides differ.
    Saying others have done it and not gotten caught or killed some one does not make any part of what happened with him any more right or wrong.
    The point is..............
    Stallworth has done all the right things since the accident.
    He has been remorseful, he did not run away, he stood up and has taken care of his debt to both society and the family of the person he killed. He has done everything he should have.
    Some may be cynical and say he has done all these things to get back in the NFL.
    However if you read about Stallworth the person as described by friends and team mates you will see he is a good guy who made a major mistake.

As I said I don't care if he comes back and he killed a man but he IMHO desreves the second chance because of all he has been and done both before and since the accident. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

I'd bet money that Stallworth signs a one-year deal with the patriots like bodden did

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Unfortunately, sometimes, Tragic Accidents happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

No thanks! Go get a better option than this! The guy kills someone and serves 20 days in jail? Are you kidding me? Plaxico is carrying a gun on him to protect himself, injures no one but himself and gets 2 years. What a joke! What is wrong with our society?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

If he is a good boy and doesn't get into trouble, yes.

Put him as 3rd option, he may even be a 2...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

In Response to Re: Stallworth to Return to Pats?:
    Well, clearly the guy had it coming. I mean where the hell does he come off walking around in public like that. I just hope someday the Stallworth family can overcome pain and agony this thoughtless degenerate caused them. At the very least the man's family could pay to have Donte's automobile repaired. And involuntary manslaughter? Really? That's a nice neat little term. It almost sounds like he was forced to do it. I mean it was involuntary, right? He had  no choice. It's not his responsibility. It was involuntary. Look, you can attach whatever cutesy little name that you want to the act. At the end of the day it's still murder.  I really could care less about legal terms. Anytime you get behind the wheel of a vehicle, drunk, and cause the death of another person(s) it is murder. It is such a gross, selfish, display of contempt for public safety that it blows my mind that anyone could possibly think of it any differently. I love sports. I always have. My grandfather started me when I was just a little boy with the Red Sox and stories about Ted Williams- The greatest hitter of all time. Williams was the TV pitchman for a local bakery at the time. I work late, hit the gym and come home. By then, my girlfriend is usually asleep. I'm not much of a TV person. So surfing the net and watching sports are pretty much my only forms of indoor entertainment. I watch the game and unwind.  Sports has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember. But at some point, there are things in life, principles, more important than winnning or losing. I would give up every single championship we have won over last decade in exchange for the safety of my family and loved ones. And I would do it in a nonosecond. And it would be the easiest choice I ever made. Which hopefully, puts thngs into perspective. At the end of the day  sports is just entertainment. No different than a movie or a video game. There may be more of an emotional attachment. But it is still just entertainment. So either you support that type of behavior from the Vicks and the Stallworths or you don't.  Maybe some of you are so misguided that you honestly believe what he did was no big deal. But there are some people that would not be coming to his defense had he not played for the Pats. And that's insane. It's not like he pulled a Manny and stiffed his waitress. He killed a guy. Call it whatever you want, he killed a guy.
    Posted by dafoe

i dont think anyone is saying its no big deal we are just saying it was an accident and people make stupid mistakes in there life and deserve a second chance. not all of us can be perfect and do no wrong

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: Stallworth to Return to Pats?:
    Well, clearly the guy had it coming. I mean where the hell does he come off walking around in public like that. I just hope someday the Stallworth family can overcome pain and agony this thoughtless degenerate caused them. At the very least the man's family could pay to have Donte's automobile repaired. And involuntary manslaughter? Really? That's a nice neat little term. It almost sounds like he was forced to do it. I mean it was involuntary, right? He had  no choice. It's not his responsibility. It was involuntary. Look, you can attach whatever cutesy little name that you want to the act. At the end of the day it's still murder.  I really could care less about legal terms. Anytime you get behind the wheel of a vehicle, drunk, and cause the death of another person(s) it is murder. It is such a gross, selfish, display of contempt for public safety that it blows my mind that anyone could possibly think of it any differently. I love sports. I always have. My grandfather started me when I was just a little boy with the Red Sox and stories about Ted Williams- The greatest hitter of all time. Williams was the TV pitchman for a local bakery at the time. I work late, hit the gym and come home. By then, my girlfriend is usually asleep. I'm not much of a TV person. So surfing the net and watching sports are pretty much my only forms of indoor entertainment. I watch the game and unwind.  Sports has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember. But at some point, there are things in life, principles, more important than winnning or losing. I would give up every single championship we have won over last decade in exchange for the safety of my family and loved ones. And I would do it in a nonosecond. And it would be the easiest choice I ever made. Which hopefully, puts thngs into perspective. At the end of the day  sports is just entertainment. No different than a movie or a video game. There may be more of an emotional attachment. But it is still just entertainment. So either you support that type of behavior from the Vicks and the Stallworths or you don't.  Maybe some of you are so misguided that you honestly believe what he did was no big deal. But there are some people that would not be coming to his defense had he not played for the Pats. And that's insane. It's not like he pulled a Manny and stiffed his waitress. He killed a guy. Call it whatever you want, he killed a guy.
    Posted by dafoe

I hope you never make a mistake in your perfect life! The guy made an error that could happen to anyone. It was not pre meditated like Plaxico. One moment in time with no intention and handle it as well as one man could = second chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Well I've never said I was perfect. And I'm not normally sanctamonious. But there are some actions in life that are indefensible. Drunk driving is one of them. I can guarantee you that you will never see me driving drunk. So no, it can't just "happen" to anyone. You know what "happens" to you? Hurricanes, floods and being shot over the $100 in your wallet. There are plenty of bad things that just "happen" to good people. A DUI murder is not one of them. Stallworth is not the victim here. I think some of you people have watched 21 Grams too many times.

This is where I disagree with the masses. A lot of people want to paint this as simply a youthful mistake. A temporary lapse of judgement. I dont think that's the case at all. I think the root cause is selfishness, arrogance, a sense of entitlement shared by many pro athletes. In short, a deficit of character.

I don't think the world is black and white. But to me, some things are. I think there are two types of people in this world. People that think it's acceptable to drive drunk and people that don't. I realize how myopic this sounds. But it's just how I feel. I feel the same way about domestic violence and sexual predators. If that makes me sanctimonius, then so be it. 

And I never said he doesn't deserve a second chance. Ultimately, he's the one that has to live with what he did. All I'm saying is that I don't want somebody like him on the team I root for.

Sections
Shortcuts