Standing Ovation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Standing Ovation

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The 2007 was loaded and they added Adalius Thomas (Pro Bowl) and Seau.

7th "ranked". lol

Brady has been mostly embarrassing in the postseason since 2007 except against teams with a bad D.

[/QUOTE]

Seau was a great signing but lets be honest Adalius sucked here. just never panned out. it looked amazing on paper though

[/QUOTE]

He was awesome in 2007 and good in 2008 even moving to MLB which was not his natural position.

2009, he wasn't good.

We're talking 2007 defensive adds here, Joe. Please stop trolling. It's becoming annoying.

NE's D was the envy of the NFL in 2007 because of the experience and quality.   10 points allowed in the SB as everyone stood in utter shock the offense was so inept in the biggest game of the year because Brady wanted to put up some points in the air. Thanks, Brady.

[/QUOTE]

i loved our 2007 defense. they were amazing. no doubt in my mind about that im just saying Adalius was the 11th best player on it... imo and we signed him to be better! but still that D was good don't get me wrong they were so underrated cuz of our O

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

7th "ranked". lol

Brady has been mostly embarrassing in the postseason since 2007 except against teams with a bad D.

[/QUOTE]

Seau was a great signing but lets be honest Adalius sucked here. just never panned out. it looked amazing on paper though

[/QUOTE]

He was awesome in 2007 and good in 2008 even moving to MLB which was not his natural position.

2009, he wasn't good.

We're talking 2007 defensive adds here, Joe. Please stop trolling. It's becoming annoying.

NE's D was the envy of the NFL in 2007 because of the experience and quality.   10 points allowed in the SB as everyone stood in utter shock the offense was so inept in the biggest game of the year because Brady wanted to put up some points in the air. Thanks, Brady.

[/QUOTE]

i loved our 2007 defense. they were amazing. no doubt in my mind about that im just saying Adalius was the 11th best player on it... imo and we signed him to be better! but still that D was good don't get me wrong they were so underrated cuz of our O

[/QUOTE]

Well, he probably was the best player for us in SB 42 on D. That's a fact. Paul Perillo reiterated that just recently on Pats All Access.

You can't expect a D to hold to under 16 points in a SB. THey allowed 10 and were just looking for more from the offense.

It's just so preposterous that they should be asked to do more.

[/QUOTE]

Umm... The Gints D held to under 16 in a superbowl.  Guess it is possible for a good one and only 8 possessions. Dope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, he probably was the best player for us in SB 42 on D. That's a fact. Paul Perillo reiterated that just recently on Pats All Access.

You can't expect a D to hold to under 16 points in a SB. THey allowed 10 and were just looking for more from the offense.

[/QUOTE]

good point there i do recall Thomas having a very nice SB that night. i remeber being surprised by his play that night. it made the signing worth it finally. but like i said during season... eh

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good point there i do recall Thomas having a very nice SB that night. i remeber being surprised by his play that night. it made the signing worth it finally. but like i said during season... eh

[/QUOTE]

Dude, he had a PRO BOWL season in 2007. It was not a surprise he was lights out in SB 42.

The entire D was lights out.  They picked Manning, took the game over and our offense fizzled.

It was embarrassing. Still is. We had no business scoring 7 points in each half.

[/QUOTE]

dont over do that statement. he was not a probowler that year! we signed him after a probowl year and he had a down year in terms of what we thought he could be! truth! he was still VERY good and effective just not the beast we thought coming in!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He may not have been that year and many of NE's LBs weren't through the years. Bruschi barely made 2. Vrabel made 1.   The point is he played at a high level in 2007.

He was a beast in 2007. That INT vs SD in Week 2 was brilliant.  Great season in 2007 as part of a loaded D.

LOADED D.   Fans from other teams were incensed all over the country.  All over the country.

[/QUOTE]

that LB core that year was amazing no doubt just imagine if Rosey Colvin actually stayed healthy... damn, he was a talent but always injured sad to see with him he was GOOD.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

7th "ranked". lol

[/QUOTE]

2009, he wasn't good.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm... The Gints D held to under 16 in a superbowl.  Guess it is possible for a good one and only 8 possessions. Dope.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because our offense sucked!!!  The all time greatest offense sucks when it matters most and you're proud of that?

Take your pink hat and leave.

[/QUOTE]

No what sucks is the D gave up more points than the O could score after they squandered away a third or more of their possessions, keeping Brady on the bench, and the LEAD.

You do know that D's are supposed to allow less points than their O can score, right?

You do know it's their job to get the ball back to the O, right?

That's why they call it defense.  They have a purpose and it's not riding the back of the O.  Well, most do anyway..

That happens in 100% of wins (regardless of the score, high or low) and accounts for 100% of losses if they don't.

And, fool, an average nfl team only scores 7 points in 4 possessions, 21.8 in a 12 possession game.  Do the math!   12/4=3.      7 x's 3(4possessions) =21    7 x's 2(4 possessions) = 14.    There I did it for you, although I know you can't comprehend.  Or this 21/12=1.75 points pp.  1.75 ppps x's 8 possessions=14pts.  Is that easier?  Anyway you look at it, you lose.

Unfortunately, 4 of the possessions were missing.  Where'd they go?  DEFENSE!!!!???????  

u are the embarrassing one.

D=FAIL!  BB=Fail! YOU=FAIL!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

i agree with rusty

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

With all the supposed elite franchises teetering at .500 or dropping well below, it's amazing to see how BB's personnel work here and the depth he has built has helped sustain through it all, even with some weak games from Tom Brady.

[/QUOTE]

If only they were not saddled with Tom Brady, they would be 13-0 and Super Bowl favorites.

[/QUOTE]

I know.  Pats should have gotten rid of him last year. Mallett is a much better QB. Hope you note my sarcasm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady would need to finish strong. I'd put Foles above Brady at this point. The 19 TDs in the amount of games he's played with 0 INTs has been impressive for such a young QB.

Cam Newton should be in that discussion, too.

[/QUOTE]

nah, 1. Manning 2. Brady 3. Wilson 4. Cam

its Most Valuable Player. i think if ryan mallet was starting this year we'd be 4-9 tops

[/QUOTE]

Brady 2?

Foles rescued the bust Vick who just threw his first INT this past weekend in a blizzard for the ages. 20 TDs, 1 INT in ten games! That's pretty insane and clearly better than Brady's production.

He's played in less games, has less talent around him on a crappier team and has almost as many TDs at this point.

Manning, Foles, Newton.

[/QUOTE]

less talent? DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy? really? less talent? nah and that 1 int is a joke because there have been atleast 4-5 balls thrown into double coverage or at DBs that have not been picked. he also been lucky..

[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, Rusty you're clearly mentally ill or selectively so. Foles is having a great season no doubt but to say that he has less talent than Brady is crazy. Which position on the offense are the Pats more talented than the Eagles?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As I've said, forever it seems....

Great QB + Great HC + Mediocre team = A winner, year in, year out.

And this year only proves me right all the more.

Just be glad Brady and HC BB aren't with the Fish, jets or Bills. Because if they were one of those guys would be winning the division.

Any doubters about that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude, he had a PRO BOWL season in 2007. It was not a surprise he was lights out in SB 42.

The entire D was lights out.

[/QUOTE]

Until just before the lights actually went out. Moron.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The entire D was lights out.  They picked Manning, took the game over and our offense fizzled.

It was embarrassing. Still is. We had no business scoring 7 points in each half.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Check in with the O-line that didn't show up on that. Moron.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

LOL So Nick Foles is the new Alex Smith?  Is it too late to trade for him? Ya think Chip would give up his young QB for an aging bum like Brady?  Naaaaaa

LMAO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

7th "ranked". lol

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2009, he wasn't good.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, he probably was the best player for us in SB 42 on D. That's a fact.

So, what you're trying to say here is that it is a FACT that Adelius was PROBABLY the best player?  

There is nothing I can make up that makes you look like more of an idiot than your own words.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Considering the challenges this team has faced this year with the injuries, it's amazing we are where we are.  In the final home game of the season this team deserves a standing ovation from the fans at Gillete.  It deserves a standing ovation at the end of every home playoff game.  Win or lose it deserves an ovation.  2006 was one of my favorite seasons.  I just thought they did so much with so little.  Ditto for this year.  Spread the word.  They deserve a standing ovation!

[/QUOTE]

Standing ovation aside...  I hope that every fan who attends that game STAYS until the end regardless of the result.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

7th "ranked". lol

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is so sad how poorly Brady performed in the late stages of SBs 42 & 46 allowing the Giants to go on 83 and 88 yard drives in the last minutes of each game to go ahead and win.  I forgot that! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agreed. The injuries are just legendary at this point. I've never seen a team lose their best starters right down the middle and continue to battle and play pretty well through some other injury issues.

BB has to be in line for Coach of the Year.

[/QUOTE]

When your team is built around Tom Brady, a top 5 QB for his ENTIRE career, as long as you don't lose him, it's fine.  You bash Brady at every turn, but he's the reason why the team has won 10 games.  You're inability to recall the pre Brady days, makes you think that no team has ever had it as bad as the Patriots.  It's arrogant and pathetic all at the same time. In your twisted opinion, you think that the Pats have these top5 players at every position and it's so dreadful when they go down.  It's just not the case.  We're not talking about a team loaded with stars here, now or at the beginning of the season. Get over it and stop your freakin crying.

[/QUOTE]

I certainly appreciate what TB has done and what he continues to do, but the fact is that you can't honestly say that he is the reason that this team has won ten games, to this point.  He is as culpible as anyone on this team for some of the slow starts and poor play this year.  His overall play, this year, has been sub-standard, for him.  The one thing that I am most excited to see from him, this year though, are his strong finishes.  If he can keep that up in the playoffs then it's all good!  Hopefully, he can find a way to get it going before half the game is over, that's all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agreed. The injuries are just legendary at this point. I've never seen a team lose their best starters right down the middle and continue to battle and play pretty well through some other injury issues.

[/QUOTE]

When your team is built around Tom Brady, a top 5 QB for his ENTIRE career, as long as you don't lose him, it's fine.  You bash Brady at every turn, but he's the reason why the team has won 10 games.  You're inability to recall the pre Brady days, makes you think that no team has ever had it as bad as the Patriots.  It's arrogant and pathetic all at the same time. In your twisted opinion, you think that the Pats have these top5 players at every position and it's so dreadful when they go down.  It's just not the case.  We're not talking about a team loaded with stars here, now or at the beginning of the season. Get over it and stop your freakin crying.

[/QUOTE]

Meadow, now how many times have you been told to only talk about things you understand. You still need to finish football for girl friends 101.

Still, it is good that you have learned to appreciate good players like Brady - he is a top 3 QB evey year. But remember Meadow, a few years ago, 2008, around the time you were getting fitted for your first bra, Brady missed an entire season (he was hurt during the first game). And the Patriots won 11 games without him. And without a really good TE or a very good feature RB. ANd without a dominating D. Just a solid all around team using a QB who played smart and was coached smart.

So remember the first day of football for girl friends class - football is truly a TEAM sport. Only fantasy football fans care only for headline stats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Considering the challenges this team has faced this year with the injuries, it's amazing we are where we are.  In the final home game of the season this team deserves a standing ovation from the fans at Gillete.  It deserves a standing ovation at the end of every home playoff game.  Win or lose it deserves an ovation.  2006 was one of my favorite seasons.  I just thought they did so much with so little.  Ditto for this year.  Spread the word.  They deserve a standing ovation!

[/QUOTE]

You are right. ANd good to post this.... Let's spread the word...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I certainly appreciate what TB has done and what he continues to do, but the fact is that you can't honestly say that he is the reason that this team has won ten games, to this point.  He is as culpible as anyone on this team for some of the slow starts and poor play this year.  His overall play, this year, has been sub-standard, for him.  The one thing that I am most excited to see from him, this year though, are his strong finishes.  If he can keep that up in the playoffs then it's all good!  Hopefully, he can find a way to get it going before half the game is over, that's all.

[/QUOTE]

There is no other QB in the NFL currently that could have won that many games with this team.  You can't replace an entire receiving corps and then sustain the additional loss of players and expect that the offense would even be close to competent. He's underthrown, overthrown, missed, thrown some picks, fumbled and no one else in the NFL could have stepped in and done any better, IMO.  

Sections
Shortcuts