Standing Ovation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Standing Ovation

Manning has had an excellent season but name me the games he's had two of his weapons down because of injuries, let alone missing his right tackle and TE, TB is far and away playing poker with only jokers and no aces! Amendola has not been able to play at 100% all season, Edelman was down at 75% for 3 sraight games, he didn't have Gronk until game 9 and he's out again after game 13, Cannon, Solder, Vollmer I think they may have all been healthy at the beginning of TC after that they have all been nicked up to some extent, Cannon has missed the last two games and Solder has missed the last two practices, Vollmer of course is gone for the year. It looks like the best signing of the offseason was Will Svitek and even he has ankle issues! TB did have the three rookie WR's to help him get over the hump, and now he does have a healthy set of TE's in D.J. Williams and Mark Mulligan.. so maybe he's just surrounded by top notch talent!! But he gets my vote for MVP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

But remember Meadow, a few years ago, 2008, around the time you were getting fitted for your first bra, Brady missed an entire season (he was hurt during the first game). And the Patriots won 11 games without him.

You mean the year we missed the playoffs? The year the previously 1-15 Dolphins won the division? That year?

And give us the list of teams with a winning record that the 2008 team didn't lose to. (We'll nix out the Crads who had clinched.)

C'mon bright boy. Give us the whole story.

"The Crads"?

You are just full of excuses aren't you, Diapers?

Matt Cassel had not taken a snap in a competitive, live game in a DECADE. A DECADE.

Since 1999.

He came off the bench in Week 1 and didn't screw it up, and in fact, played very well. The team also had TWO west coast road trips, BACK TO BACK, which meant time zone travel back and forth in successive weeks, TWICE.

That's about as difficult a series of road trips as ANY NFL team had that year.

They went 3-1.  They lost in SD only, which at that time, they were loaded and a SB contender in their prime.

And, finally, the 47-7 win over the "clinching Crads" was not a mirage. NE's offense was trending up and blasting teams in December and the D was also playing much better as  a unit.

The Crads went to the SB and I would have LOVED to have seen us get a rematch as an underdog in Pitt that year for the title game.

11-5 is very impressive in that context with Cassel not having played in a game in 10 years.

FACT

Making excuses for Cassel for 5 years ago?  That's just sad.  Matt got to sit on the bench and learn for THREE YEARS.  If you can't step in at that point and not blow with a veteran team coming off an undefeated season, you should be out of football.   Just out of curiosity, and I don't know the answer to this, how many seasons has Tom Brady had both a top 10 defense and a top 10 running game in the same year as your favorite QB of all time, Matt Cassel did?

What happened to the COlts when Manning went down girl? What happened to the Packers when Rodgers went down girl? Even the Steelers do not fair as well as 11-5 when Rothlesburger has been out.

On the other hand, no matter who the Jets line up the results are the same. They suck. DOesnt matter who their QB is. They are just flat out a pathetic team. Sanchez had 3 years under his belt and still was awful last year... how can that be? He was a HIGH first round pick.. they even traded up for him! ANd then this year more of the same... awful play. ANd then he gets hurt and savior #133 (it is ahrd to keep track of how many QBs that teams goes through in a year let alone 40 years) shows he cant do much with this team either.

Let me know when you find a team in the last 20+ years that LOST its starting QB to injury and won 11 games. (you might find the only other team is ... the Patriots under BB in 2001 when Bledsoe went down, though he was out for only a portion of the year and when he came back BB decided to stick with the inexperienced TB).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

But remember Meadow, a few years ago, 2008, around the time you were getting fitted for your first bra, Brady missed an entire season (he was hurt during the first game). And the Patriots won 11 games without him.

You mean the year we missed the playoffs? The year the previously 1-15 Dolphins won the division? That year?

And give us the list of teams with a winning record that the 2008 team didn't lose to. (We'll nix out the Crads who had clinched.)

You always bring this up but what exactly is your point you try to make?

That Brady is really good and wins us a couple games a year just because we have him? I would agree with that.

However it doesn't take away from BB building solid teams that still win through adversity and injuries more times than not.

In 2008 the Pats ended the season with the 14th rated strength of schedule. (Cassel won 11)

In 2011 the Pats finished the season with the 20th rated strength of schedule. (Brady won 13)

In 2012 the Pats finished the season with the 23rd rated strength of shedule. (Brady won 13 again)

Are you just trying to make sure we know Brady is better than Cassel? Not sure anyone would disagree.

But if you are saying the Pats only won 11 with Cassel because they had a weak schedule then you would have to say they only won 13 with Brady in 2011/2012 was because they had an even weaker shcedule, no?

It's all relative, every year is unique and different. You can only play who you are scheduled to play. 

The most important thing, however, is that even IF the Pats had actually had the 32nd weakest schedule in 2008, winning 11 games with a QB that had not started and played a full football game since HIGHSCHOOL is very impressive for any team in the NFL.

In 2008 the AFC East as a division was tied for the 2nd most wins in the NFL so again what exactly is your point. Because the Dophins had a great turn around season from one year to the next? What does that mean? You don't think the Texans are capable of the same thing next season? Actually are the Texans not doing that very thing right now, just in reverse?

The idea that the shedule was a joke in 2008 depends on what you call a joke. 14th toughest. That's about middle of the pack obviously. If that constitutes a joke in your view I can't argue it but I would wonder what word you would use to describes the Pats 2011/2012 strength of schedules since they were a lot lower.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I second Caraway's motion.  Best team ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

"The Crads"?

Matt Cassel had not taken a snap in a competitive, live game in a DECADE. A DECADE.

Since 1999.

He came off the bench in Week 1 and didn't screw it up, and in fact, played very well. The team also had TWO west coast road trips, BACK TO BACK, which meant time zone travel back and forth in successive weeks, TWICE.

They went 3-1.  They lost in SD only, which at that time, they were loaded and a SB contender in their prime.

And, finally, the 47-7 win over the "clinching Crads" was not a mirage. NE's offense was trending up and blasting teams in December and the D was also playing much better as  a unit.

The Crads went to the SB and I would have LOVED to have seen us get a rematch as an underdog in Pitt that year for the title game.

11-5 is very impressive in that context with Cassel not having played in a game in 10 years.

FACT

Making excuses for Cassel for 5 years ago?  That's just sad.  Matt got to sit on the bench and learn for THREE YEARS.  If you can't step in at that point and not blow with a veteran team coming off an undefeated season, you should be out of football.   Just out of curiosity, and I don't know the answer to this, how many seasons has Tom Brady had both a top 10 defense and a top 10 running game in the same year as your favorite QB of all time, Matt Cassel did?

What happened to the COlts when Manning went down girl? What happened to the Packers when Rodgers went down girl? Even the Steelers do not fair as well as 11-5 when Rothlesburger has been out.

On the other hand, no matter who the Jets line up the results are the same. They suck. DOesnt matter who their QB is. They are just flat out a pathetic team. Sanchez had 3 years under his belt and still was awful last year... how can that be? He was a HIGH first round pick.. they even traded up for him! ANd then this year more of the same... awful play. ANd then he gets hurt and savior #133 (it is ahrd to keep track of how many QBs that teams goes through in a year let alone 40 years) shows he cant do much with this team either.

Let me know when you find a team in the last 20+ years that LOST its starting QB to injury and won 11 games. (you might find the only other team is ... the Patriots under BB in 2001 when Bledsoe went down, though he was out for only a portion of the year and when he came back BB decided to stick with the inexperienced TB).

Why are you asking about Manning and the Colts and Rogers and the Pack?  DO you think that is somehow relevant to the 2008 Patriots?  Wow!  You're more of an idiot than I gave you credit for.  Those two situations are about as related as Kapernick replacing Alex Smith, & Dilfer in 2000.  One big difference is those guys went to the SB.  Cassel didn't make the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

End of season strength of schedule ranking for Pats (includes post season not just regular season)

2003 5th

2004 3rd

2005 8th

2006 2nd

2007 5th

2008 14th

2009 9th

2010 5th

2011 20th

2012 23rd

2013 14th (currently)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

ALL true. AND - (this is for you Babe) - consider the play and the record of Cassel SINCE that year.

Okay, lets.

Cassel went on to have a pro-bowl season in 2010 with the Chiefs.

Give me the list of teams with a winning record that 2010 Chiefs team beat?

It was the same weak weak weak schedule as the 2008 year.

Cassel is a very lucky guy. He's a multi-millionaire with merely backup talent.

Of course I said exactly that when he left here, as others were wanting to replace Brady with him. Told people he would flop in KC. They were all up in arms when he had the easy 2010 year. But they are quiet now.

RIght... so you and I agree that Cassel is not very good as a starter in the NFL. THat is simply the point. No need to split hairs on it. 

So again... the Pats won 11 games with a guy who is not very good. That is all I am saying. 

So again, what OTHER team (besides BB's 2001 AND 2008 Patriots) has won 11 games in the last 20+ years when their starting QB has been lost to injury for at least 10 games?

The reality of this league is that if you lose a top 5 QB your team has a better chance to end up under .500 than to break .500 and no other team that I can recall in the last 20+ years (focusing on a passing league) has made it to double digit wins.

Like they say, you are what your record says you are... 

And again... this is not a Brady v BB issue.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

BY the way, LOW FBI..nice job slapping Babe who raves about Brady's stats in 2011 and 2012 when Brady really wasn't as great a QB in terms of game management, etc.

LMAO @ Babe now up against the wall with his premise.

Yes, Brady was an awful game manager when Belichick told him to score as many points as possible by passing early and often to mask a poor defense and running game.  Cause who wants a top scoring offense anyway, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

"The Crads"?

Since 1999.

FACT

Why are you asking about Manning and the Colts and Rogers and the Pack?  DO you think that is somehow relevant to the 2008 Patriots?  Wow!  You're more of an idiot than I gave you credit for.  Those two situations are about as related as Kapernick replacing Alex Smith, & Dilfer in 2000.  One big difference is those guys went to the SB.  Cassel didn't make the playoffs.

Meadow, being a girl does not give you a free pass. It is clear what I asked... and so exactly why the Colts and the Packers were used as EXAMPLES. Those two teams had a top QB go down due to injury and both teams records fell to league dormat levels. In the case of Alex Smith or Dilfer it was a choice by the head coach to play the QB. They traded SMith because they didnt need him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Reply to Babe:

[/QUOTE]

You cover a lot here. I'll one-line the major points.

The Colts sucked for Luck and had a joke backup.

You make my point. BB builds a team not has a chance to be competative even when they lose TB ... or Gronk.. .etc. Of course when you lose TB you cant expect a whole lot. But they did a great job to go 11-5 when other teams, like the COlts, just were not that good when they lost Manning.

2008 Pats D is far better than the 2013 Pack D, and they are playing musical chairs at QB; Rodgers isn't missing the whole year.

Again you make my point. BB built a team that could at least compete for a PLAYOFF spot, not just to reach .500  .... who else has done that in this passing era when losing a top 5 starting QB?

The 2008 team won 11 games against the same schedule the previously 1-15 Dolphins won the division on; Pennington went 0-3 the following year with a 20+ point lower PR.

The division schedule changes every year. And as a divison winner from the previous year we have a couple of games v other previous higher ranking teams. When all was said and done the Pats did end up with a weaker schedule but as someone pointed out it was near middle of the league in strength, not 24- 32.

Yeah, we had a couple of tough opponents in 2008, and we lost to all of them.

We beat 3 teams with winning records and one team that was 8-8. That is 4 wins. Not losses to "ALL OF THEM". Why would you make an absolute statment like that Babe? You are better than that. 

Just to add a little here.. one loss was to the 12-4 COlts and the final was 18-15. A loss is a loss. I point this out only to add to the point that this 2008 team was competative.

We won 11 games (and still missed the playoffs) because the schedule was a joke.

We missed the playoffs because it was an almort unheard of year when 11 wins were not enough for even a wild card. I did not raise that point but it again speaks to the competitiveness of that 2008 team.

That is all. No amount of spin in the world will change that reality.

That is right. No amount of spin changes the fact that we lost TB during the opening game and went 11-5 with a guy who everyone agrees is not starter quality. A gamer, yes. Starter quality no. We did it and that is the simple point. We did what no other team in the passing era has been able to do when losing a top 5 QB. No one, schedule or not, has done that as far as I recall. 

No spin will change that reality. 

[/QUOTE] 

So we are agreed on the Cassel element and the no spin element! Good...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Foles is a 2nd year QB!  How many 2nd year/1st time off the bench starting QBs have failed when they get the chance with some talent? Pretty much every one!

Jesus.  20 TDs and 1 INT in 10 games is insane production.

Ummm, you cannot be this dum can you?  Look no further than yours truly Tommy Brady....that is unless you consider winning a SB a failure.....lol

You on a role today eh?  Stop posting so much and use the tools available to you like google before you spout off rusty.

Why dont you stop slurping Foles unless you wanna leave and become an Eagles fan. Please do. Every year its the same chit from you. Fake, fraud fan running off good posters so you can sit here and force your brady agenda down others throat. Last year it was Alex Smith. Next year it will be some other bum who cant hold bradys jock. You are a die hard pats fan!?!?!? Could have fooled me bro.  Lets see if you are talking about Foles one INT in January Fraud! Leave the board and let real fans discuss the team in peace.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Let's see if we can make this go viral.  That's the only way it will happen.  Like the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/patsovation

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Wow it's that easy to create a facebook page?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Yup.  Getting people to find it and like it is another matter...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to carawaydj's comment:

You create it...we can all find people to post it and like it...I know everyone of my friends on facebook will...they are all diehard pats fans...

It's created.  https://www.facebook.com/patsovation

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

STANDING O.

TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW....

BEFORE THE GAME AND AT THE FINAL GUN... NO MATTER THE SCORE.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Daily Bump.

Let's not butt fumble this like Sanchez.  We need 99,945 more likes in 2 weeks!  Easily doable.

Go to https://www.facebook.com/patsovation and like the page.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

STANDING O.

TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW....

BEFORE THE GAME AND AT THE FINAL GUN... NO MATTER THE SCORE.

Always do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

Too bad I'm not on facebook Tongue Out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Bump...

We need to get fan attention for this.  It would be nice if we knew who operates the Jumbotron at Gillete.  Like the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/patsovation

How are we even winning with all of these injuries?  Freaking amazing!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts