Start Bolden for the remainder of the year instead...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Start Bolden for the remainder of the year instead...

Creating competition between two similar power backs with the same skill set is only a good thing; Parcells did it with the Giants Rodney Hampton in the 80's with great success.  Both backs will feel less inclined to be careless with the ball if their snaps get curbed and it will create an atmosphere of oneupsmanship.  I'm the biggest Ridley fan in the world but I'm not blind either...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ridley was not careless on that play. You tip your hat to the other team. It was a great hit. Frustrating and maddening yes but that is one of the few things I disagree with BB on.

Don't believe in "extended" doghouse stays in any or every case. Depends on the situation. Big game or not Ridley had the ball in the outside arm where it belongs when running toward the outside/sidelineand. The hit came in the open field, from his inside, on a great helmet to ball hit. It happens.

You come right back to him against a sub standard team this week and let him get his own confidence back.

No one feels worse or understands the ramifications of fumbling more than the player it happened to. He does not need to understand it. He already does.

They have used them all all season and should continue to do so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Ridley has less fumbles to start his career than Adrian Peterson.

Bolden has 45 carries in the pro's. Does anyone know how many fumbles he had in college? Who knows, maybe Bolden is a fumbler as well.

I agree with running him 30 times in JAX

Pats have virtually nothing to lose. Need to get his confidence back up. If he fumbles against Jax, then I would agree with making the switch to Bolden

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

@Low Football IQ

I was glad to see Belichick go back to him on the goal line in the fourth quarter for exactly this reason. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I say start Ridley instead of the juiced up cheat.

Ridley had one fumble on a rainy night, BFD.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two but one was ruled down. Just saying!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

McCourty looked incredibly tentative returning kickoffs against the Niners. Why can't we try Bolden as a kickoff returner against the Jags and Phins? We don't really have that much to lose trying that in those 2 games, do we?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Creating competition between two similar power backs with the same skill set is only a good thing; Parcells did it with the Giants Rodney Hampton in the 80's with great success.  Both backs will feel less inclined to be careless with the ball if their snaps get curbed and it will create an atmosphere of oneupsmanship.  I'm the biggest Ridley fan in the world but I'm not blind either...

[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. Nothing wrong with running Bolden as well. I just would hate to see us destroy Rid's confidence by benching him. Especially when it's against a bad run defense. Let's get the O-line and the team in general confidence in the power run game again. We know Woody can gain yards and be effective out of a spread formation, but we need to punch some teams in the mouth with the run game. It's been too long! We are slowly but surely falling back on Brady and putting too much on his shoulders again, and I for one hate seeing it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Yep, fans know it all and the coaches and players know nothing!  Maybe the fans should play and as a result, there will be no fumbles, INTs, PI callss, dropped passes, missed FGs and on and on and on! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. Nothing wrong with running Bolden as well. I just would hate to see us destroy Rid's confidence by benching him. Especially when it's against a bad run defense. Let's get the O-line and the team in general confidence in the power run game again. We know Woody can gain yards and be effective out of a spread formation, but we need to punch some teams in the mouth with the run game. It's been too long! We are slowly but surely falling back on Brady and putting too much on his shoulders again, and I for one hate seeing it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree...no, serious I do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep, fans know it all and the coaches and players know nothing!  Maybe the fans should play and as a result, there will be no fumbles, INTs, PI callss, dropped passes, missed FGs and on and on and on! 

[/QUOTE]

Oh, we are all so sorry for having opinions Bill. I guess we should all just turn our tv's up loud, shut our mnouths and never have an opinion about the team we love.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I do not think any of these backs are similar. Bolden and Ridley are certainly the two with the most power but they are very very different. I do not want them to jsut sit players down as it could hurt the production of this O but I AGREE that if anyone cant hold on to the ball they HAVE TO sit them down. I am not ready to do that with Vereen. I am ready to LIMIT the plays RIdley is on the field and to let him know why.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I say start Woodhead. But bring in Bolden as needed. The other 2 guys can ride the bench for awhile.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do not think any of these backs are similar. Bolden and Ridley are certainly the two with the most power but they are very very different. I do not want them to jsut sit players down as it could hurt the production of this O but I AGREE that if anyone cant hold on to the ball they HAVE TO sit them down. I am not ready to do that with Vereen. I am ready to LIMIT the plays RIdley is on the field and to let him know why.

[/QUOTE]

Both backs 5'11" tall and 220 pounds, neither overly fast but not slow either with 4.5 forty times, both good receivers, both like to lower their shoulder but possess some shake, both backs were team captains for an SEC college...  

They could be clones.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say start Woodhead. But bring in Bolden as needed. The other 2 guys can ride the bench for awhile.

[/QUOTE]

Woody looked good in the rain, in the spread especially but we need to mix the power run into every game plan.  

Against the 49ers in the rain it was smart to use a change of pace back like Woody but he's not an every down solution, plus he provides such a matchup problem as a third down back... what we really needed was four less turnovers last game.  

But creating a healthy competition with our power backs keeps them healthy and pushing each other to be better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good idea if they could put their beer down long enough to run a play!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@Low Football IQ

I was glad to see Belichick go back to him on the goal line in the fourth quarter for exactly this reason. 

[/QUOTE]

I didn't think he saw a snap after his fumble in the 3rd? But i don't remember the 4rth qtr...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

Trade for BJGE if you want to win...

J/K

I disagree Wozzy. I say we run Ridley 30 times against Jacksonville and get his confidence back and our coaches confidence in the run back. We need to run the football to win in the post season and the run game is falling apart at the wrong time. BB and McD cannot allow this to happen. 2011 and 2007 cannot be repeated.

Whoever totes the rock needs to be given the opportunity to do so. Commit, or we have problems.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  Ridley averages the same amount of fumbles per carry as the rest of the backs in the league.  Benching him now will do nothing but shoot his confidence down.  Enough of the knee-jerk reactions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since when does using adderall constitute as making a person a "juiced up cheat"?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

@Low Football IQ

[/QUOTE]

I didn't think he saw a snap after his fumble in the 3rd? But i don't remember the 4rth qtr...

[/QUOTE]

I just checked . . . he was back in for the last play of the thiird quarter, a goal-line run (that didn't work).  The first play of the fourth quarter was Brady's touchdown run. I was in the stands, but I remember distinctly Ridley coming back in after having been held out for most of the quarter after the fumble.  Felt that was a good sign the BB hadn't given up on him, since he was giving him the ball at a crucial time. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

@Low Football IQ

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just checked . . . he was back in for the last play of the thiird quarter, a goal-line run (that didn't work).  The first play of the fourth quarter was Brady's touchdown run. I was in the stands, but I remember distinctly Ridley coming back in after having been held out for most of the quarter after the fumble.  Felt that was a good sign the BB hadn't given up on him, since he was giving him the ball at a crucial time. 

[/QUOTE]

I hope youre right, cuz we will need him. At the same time if bolden can run hard and fall forward while taking care of the ball then Wozzy could be right. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

On the Bolden thing, I'm not sure he's 100% healthy yet . . . and while he's looked good when he's been on the field, he's only had 45 rushing attempts so far this year, so I think it's too early to tell if he's really as good as Ridley or not.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

On the Bolden thing, I'm not sure he's 100% healthy yet . . . and while he's looked good when he's been on the field, he's only had 45 rushing attempts so far this year, so I think it's too early to tell if he's really as good as Ridley or not.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess you would need opportunity to show case talent. A strange thought huh pro? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess you would need opportunity to show case talent. A strange thought huh pro? 

[/QUOTE]

Or showcase a lack of talent, whatever the case may be . . . 

Big thing, is with just 18 rushing attempts in the first half and 45 overall, it's hard to judge how he'd perform if thrust into the leading role.  We don't know one way or the other yet. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Don't care which one starts but I would give Bolden equal carries.  Thing is it doesn't matter who starts the next two games, since the opponents are already done, their going to put up nice numbers.  I just want Bolden in game shape and ready to go for the Playoffs if Ridley sputters.