Start Bolden for the remainder of the year instead...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Re: Start Bolden for the remainder of the year instead...

A RBs' Nature is to keep driving forward for that extra piece of yard as a natural instinct. I'm not sure that when knowing when to go down is as natural an action or instinct. When falling to the ground or halfup a fumble is always a chance.  Protecting the ball better can be coached. Most D players go for the QBs' arm but are taught to hit up the ball from a RB, not the arm. OOOHH boy, then, when your hit in a hard collision it happens sometimes. The way its coached is to have 2 arms protecting the ball upon any contact and the RB by experience knows the two heads of the ball are covered with hand and close to elbow tight to body, mitigating the chance of a fumble. As we all know.

The embarassment is enough punishment to the player and it's really his responsibilty to learn from it. Give all the RB's carries the next two games, it's all about competition. Learn from it.  I like the Vereen and Woody combination between the 20's. The return of the Gronk will open up the run.

The key, I think, is the way a fumble is shown on film to the RB players. Cause and effect. Don't think Ridley or Vereen have fumblitis just show them some film of Bennydictus Protecticus Ballicus.

Have a good night ... ;-))

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A RBs' Nature is to keep driving forward for that extra piece of yard as a natural instinct. I'm not sure that when knowing when to go down is as natural an action or instinct. When falling to the ground or halfup a fumble is always a chance.  Protecting the ball better can be coached. Most D players go for the QBs' arm but are taught to hit up the ball from a RB, not the arm. OOOHH boy, then, when your hit in a hard collision it happens sometimes. The way its coached is to have 2 arms protecting the ball upon any contact and the RB by experience knows the two heads of the ball are covered with hand and close to elbow tight to body, mitigating the chance of a fumble. As we all know.

The embarassment is enough punishment to the player and it's really his responsibilty to learn from it. Give all the RB's carries the next two games, it's all about competition. Learn from it.  I like the Vereen and Woody combination between the 20's. The return of the Gronk will open up the run.

The key, I think, is the way a fumble is shown on film to the RB players. Cause and effect. Don't think Ridley or Vereen have fumblitis just show them some film of Bennydictus Protecticus Ballicus.

Have a good night ... ;-))

[/QUOTE]

agreed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's a risk of an interception on every passing play.  There's a risk of a fumble on every running play. 

My suggestion: bench the whole offense and just punt every time you get the ball. 

Just make sure Patrick Chung is not making the calls for the punting team . . .

[/QUOTE]

got it pro! :)

good suggestion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Creating competition between two similar power backs with the same skill set is only a good thing; Parcells did it with the Giants Rodney Hampton in the 80's with great success.  Both backs will feel less inclined to be careless with the ball if their snaps get curbed and it will create an atmosphere of oneupsmanship.  I'm the biggest Ridley fan in the world but I'm not blind either...

[/QUOTE]

"Creating competition between two similar power backs with the same skill set is only a good thing; Parcells did it with the Giants Rodney Hampton in the 80's with great success.  Both backs will feel less inclined to be careless with the ball if their snaps get curbed and it will create an atmosphere of oneupsmanship."

agreed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the Bolden thing, I'm not sure he's 100% healthy yet . . . and while he's looked good when he's been on the field, he's only had 45 rushing attempts so far this year, so I think it's too early to tell if he's really as good as Ridley or not.  

[/QUOTE]

different skills. bolden can go through guys, ridley more elusive, slip a guy enough to make yards.