Start Them, Or Sit Them?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Start Them, Or Sit Them?

Due to the rash of injuries so far this year across the league, when would you play your projected starters and for how long? I think Tom Brady needs to play more this pre-season than past years because of the re-do at the WR position. They need to have their timing, familiarity, and build their chemistry as a unit. I don't think 9 practices so far accomplishes that, they need more repetitions and the only way to get them  before the season starts is to play them alot during games. What would be an ideal number of reps? play the entire first half? Now you'd also need to manage the health of your roster, but I think this years Offense needs to be more on the field than the defensive starters.What will BB do?

Your thoughts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Start Them, Or Sit Them?

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

Due to the rash of injuries so far this year across the league, when would you play your projected starters and for how long? I think Tom Brady needs to play more this pre-season than past years because of the re-do at the WR position. They need to have their timing, familiarity, and build their chemistry as a unit. I don't think 9 practices so far accomplishes that, they need more repetitions and the only way to get them  before the season starts is to play them alot during games. What would be an ideal number of reps? play the entire first half? Now you'd also need to manage the health of your roster, but I think this years Offense needs to be more on the field than the defensive starters.What will BB do?

Your thoughts!

Game 1 give Brady 3 drives.

Game 2 1st half

Game 3 into the 3rd qtr

Perhaps a drive in game 4 but I would say sit all the older starters for the entire game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Game 1 - 1 series

Game 2 - 1 Half

Game 3 - 3/4

Game 4 - none

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Your thoughts!

Game 2 1st half

Game 3 into the 3rd qtr

Perhaps a drive in game 4 but I would say sit all the older starters for the entire game.

Which is A Wilson, Wilfork, Kelly... the rest are young!  Gunna be an exciting season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Your thoughts!

Game 2 1st half

Game 3 into the 3rd qtr

Which is A Wilson, Wilfork, Kelly... the rest are young!  Gunna be an exciting season. 

You got that right!!! Eager to see the Rook wideouts and the young front 7 this year. I expect big things from hightower & Jones and have a good feeling about Collins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

With so many new receivers, I think you need to play Brady a fair amount.  These guys have to get used to Brady and Brady needs to get used to them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You can get injured brushing your teeth, why worry?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Brady will be playing the next 3 days in the scrimmage.  Idont want to see him in there at all. He will have enough playing time in 7 on 7's and 11 on 11's 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Mike Mayocks thoughts on your question; “The best football practices I’ve ever seen in my life at any level where I think two years ago [when] New Orleans went to New England. Same scenario and they practiced together for two or three days prior to the preseason game. I was there for both days, I watched tape in between practices and I have never seen more intense but clean practices in my life. [It’s] an opportunity for the quarterbacks to get in quality work against defenses [where it’s] a new scheme [and] new players without any kind of realistic injury threat. What that means in the preseason game [is] you don’t even have to play your 1s because they’ve been going against another team’s 1s all week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4746203/mayocks-thoughts-on-patriots

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

Sections
Shortcuts