Starters Next Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Starters Next Year

Ik we dont have free agency yet, but lets take a guess at who will be our starts come opening day.

Offense
    Qb: tom brady
    Rb: danny woodhead
    RT-vollmer
    rg-orenberger(younger and will outplay connelly)
    C-Koppen
    Lg- Mankins(say your prayers)
    Lt-Solder
    Te-Gronkowski
    WR-Tate
    Wr- Branch
    Wr-Welker(slot)

Defense
    Le-T.warren
    Re-Ron brace(best option).g.warren/stroud
    NT- Big Vince
    Olb-Ninc/3rd down moore/possible FA
    ILB-mayo
    ilb-spikes
    Olb.cunningham/fletcher
    fs- b merri
    SS- Chung
    CB- mcourtney
    Cb- bodden

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Starters Next Year

In Response to Starters Next Year:
    Ik we dont have free agency yet, but lets take a guess at who will be our starts come opening day. Offense Qb: tom brady Rb: danny woodhead RT-vollmer rg-orenberger(younger and will outplay connelly) C-Koppen Lg- Mankins(say your prayers) Lt-Solder Te-Gronkowski WR-Tate Wr- Branch Wr-Welker(slot) Defense Le-T.warren Re-Ron brace(best option).g.warren/stroud NT- Big Vince Olb-Ninc/3rd down moore/possible FA ILB-mayo ilb-spikes Olb.cunningham/fletcher fs- b merri SS- Chung CB- mcourtney Cb- bodden
    Posted by Bspikes55

Danny Woodhead won't start in the traditional sense. My guess is that we'll see BJGE if he is re-signed (or whatever) or either Vereen or Ridley. Woody is a 3rd down kid. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I think putting a starting RB is pointless...they will all probably start a game here or there and they will all see a lot of time on the field.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Starters Next Year:
    Ik we dont have free agency yet, but lets take a guess at who will be our starts come opening day. Offense Qb: tom brady Rb: danny woodhead RT-vollmer rg-orenberger(younger and will outplay connelly) C-Koppen Lg- Mankins(say your prayers) Lt-Solder Te-Gronkowski WR-Tate Wr- Branch Wr-Welker(slot) Defense Le-T.warren Re-Ron brace(best option).g.warren/stroud NT- Big Vince Olb-Ninc/3rd down moore/possible FA ILB-mayo ilb-spikes Olb.cunningham/fletcher fs- b merri SS- Chung CB- mcourtney Cb- bodden
    Posted by Bspikes55

Fletcher is a ILB and will probably start over spikes if he comes in out of shape.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Starters Next Year:
    In Response to Starters Next Year : Fletcher is a ILB and will probably start over spikes if he comes in out of shape.
    Posted by tagandtrade

From now on, when someone's wrong 3 different times before they conclude that sentiment under 1 single Period (.), It's gonna be called a "Zippey-dee-do Trifecta," o.k.?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Merriwether still starts, but josh barrett sees significant time at safety this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I don't see Orenberger beating out Connolly.

Orenberger has been on the verge of getting cut, really. Too small, IMO. Hasn't shown didley-squat in the 2 years we traded up for the guy.

I'm hoping Taylor Price beats out Tate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yellowsubmarine. Show yellowsubmarine's posts

i think you are right about tate on opening day, but i think he will be outplayed by price and price will eventually take over that spot. also, no point in putting a starting RB... pound pound pound by committee.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

What about FB? I think it will be one of the rookies Ridley or Smith. We all know that this is a RB by committee approach, but I really want to see a good number of carries given to Vereen and Ridley. I think that Vereen is the real deal and I want to see what he can do, with Woodhead playing the exact same role as last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I think they open up w a 2 TE set with running play - see it as setting the tone for the year w Vereen or Ridley. Be ready to stop our running game because we know you all suuck at stopping our passing plays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't see Orenberger beating out Connolly. Orenberger has been on the verge of getting cut, really. Too small, IMO. Hasn't shown didley-squat in the 2 years we traded up for the guy. I'm hoping Taylor Price beats out Tate.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

Good catch. I missed that one. 

Connolly actually had a very good season last year. Orhnberger hasn't shown anything that would sway me to thinking he gets a start.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Price had better beat out Tate or NE is seriously f-ck-d!!!!

Unless Tate miraculously develops ... ummm, hands. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

What rookies do you think has the best chance of starting besides Solder if we don't resign Light?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nick Kaczur will be the RG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Kazur could very well play rg and JOSH BARRET! who is that and i doubt he will take meri s spot

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Nick Kazcur is obscenely overpaid. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

He sux too...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

What rookies do you think has the best chance of starting besides Solder if we don't resign Light?
    Posted by NoahJustin

Cannon, if he's healthy.

If not, I think Vereen, Ridley and Ras-I have the opportunity to see the field early and often.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Kaczur would not take the cut knowing two things, one this more than likely will be his last year here, and two they need him as an insurance police with the OL in flux working in Soldier and Cannon. 
    I also believe the pats offence will morph into a heavy run first offence with a lot of 2 TE, 2 RB sets useing both Hernandez and Vereen who can line up as recievers.
    Possibly:
    Gronkowski LTE , Soldier LT, Mankins LG, Koppen/Connoly C, Kaczur/Cannon RG, Vollmer RT, Hernandez RTE, Branch WR, Vereen RB, BJGE RB/Ridley RB, Brady QB.

Hernandez can demand respect as a reciever in the slot next to Branch or block for the run. Vereen is familiar with lineing up as a reciever and can slide up to the slot on the left from the back field or run and recieve from out of the back field.  The recieveing blocking and runing combinations from this set can only create headachs for the defence. They can look like a 4 reciever set or a heavy run set depending how they line up without changeing 1 player. In more obvious passing situations they will shift to more WR's and Woodhead type formations.

On defence ther will be little change:
    Brace/ Committee RDE, Willfork NT, Ty Warren LDE, Ninkovitch OLB, Spikes ILB, Mayo ILB, Cunningham OLB, Merriweather SS, Chung FS, Boddon/Dowling CB, Mccorty CB, in the 3-4, with every variation BB can think up the other 50% of the time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Kazur could very well play rg and JOSH BARRET! who is that and i doubt he will take meri s spot
    Posted by Bspikes55

How can you be a Pats' fan and not know who Josh Barrett is?  It was a big deal around the league when the Pats stole him from Denver last year . . . BB loves this kid and his size and he was willing to let the kid sit on IR for the season just to get him on this team!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Josh Barrett isn't someone to get your hopes up about. He had immense physical promise coming out of Arizona (6'2" 225 w' a 4.34 40yd dash) but never developed into an on-the-field force in Denver.

NE obviously like his measurables, and myabe sees promise there ... but pegging him to replace anyone on this roster is a long shot at least. 

The kid needs to prove he can stay healthy, and he needs to prove he belongs on the field. There is a lot more to playing safety than running around like missile.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

I think putting a starting RB is pointless...they will all probably start a game here or there and they will all see a lot of time on the field.
    Posted by FishTaco64

that link does not work, can you try again?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Kaczur will be cut as he is overpriced to play guard. he didn't play at all last year and with a back prblem would most likely miss a few games anyway.

Koppen will not be cut as you can not replace the guy picking up the defensive packages at C as well as new left tackle left guard (if Mankins holds out) Connolly at RG (Kaczcur gone and Cannon still learning but should start by end of season if not PUP or IR) and Vollmer.

I would also like to see Price start over Tate.

And what the helll happened to the Edleman bandwagon??

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts