Starting a new rumor: Greg Jennings to the Patriots in 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Starting a new rumor: Greg Jennings to the Patriots in 2013

With this season heading to the playoffs in a few weeks maybe it's a bit early for speculation about next years roster, but as a Pats fan relocated to Milwaukee a few years ago I'll root for Green Bay on ocassion as long as they do not play my Patriots. Latest on the grapevine out here is Green Bays riches in thier receiving corps which has Jenning in an interview saying that although he'd love to stay in the Bay he might be elsewhere in 2013. 

Whether or not Welker is resigned is one matter but with the Pats not exactly deep in wide receivers that can stretch the field Jennings would be a welcome addition with a career average of 15.5yds. Coming off an injury plagued year his price might be down but I'm sure there will be plenty of compeition to sign him.

Hetch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Starting a new rumor: Greg Jennings to the Patriots in 2013

No way.  He wants top dollar and has an injury history.  If he was willing to take the kind of money NE would offer then he wouldn't be leaving GB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way.  He wants top dollar and has an injury history.  If he was willing to take the kind of money NE would offer then he wouldn't be leaving GB.

[/QUOTE]

There is no way to know if would be definitely leaving Green Bay but with the roster of current  up and coming recievers in GB he may be forced out and not by his choice. With his being out much of this year his asking price might be in the ball park of affordability of the Pats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is no way to know if would be definitely leaving Green Bay but with the roster of current  up and coming recievers in GB he may be forced out and not by his choice. With his being out much of this year his asking price might be in the ball park of affordability of the Pats

[/QUOTE]

I guess my view is the following.  He is on record saying that even though he doesn't think he'll be in GB next season that he'd prefer to stay all things being equal.  To me this means that he doesn't think GB will make him the kind of offer he wants for the reason you stated above.  Considering the kinds of contracts that were handed out to WRs this offseason I just don't see how the Pats could make him a competitive offer.  They aren't going to pay top dollar and if he was willing to accept less then I don't think he'd leave GB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

that boat sailed already , too late. I mean even that dude J.Jones who was their worst WR was available last year and we didnt make a play on him. I think he has 12 TDs this year so I would say none of them are available to us and we missed him in the draft, we had the chance already, we took C.Jackson instead. I would say more likely it would be someone like Josh Morgan coming afte they cut him due to salary cap problems next offseason cuz they signed a boatload

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No way!  Throw that money Wes Welkers way!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way!  Throw that money Wes Welkers way!!

[/QUOTE]

agreed. then go out and get some WRs in the draft, and another gronkowski type TE