Starting Safties?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Starting Safties?

In Response to Starting Safties?:
    [QUOTE]Excited about the plethora of talent going into the year at both positions, just kinda curious on who you are rooting for to ultimately win out the starting jobs.. I like Merriweather & Chung. #31 because of last seasons success from an individual standpoint.  He needs to work on securing tackles but other than that, I can see BM making great strides this season with even more confidence as a pro bowler. And Chung because i can see Chung becoming a real playmaker in this defense.  Sanders is proven but is the boring pick IMO. McGowan is an animal & showed his value alot last season with Sanders out. I just really like Chung's skillsets if they can transfer to the next level. I guess its a good problem to have... But what do you think? Who are you rooting for & why?
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard[/QUOTE]

I think we will platoon it much like last year. Each guy has different skill sets and with so many pass heavy/ no huddle offense's you need a deep secondary. I like Mcgowan a lot in supporting the run and laying the lumber. I think he is our most ferocious hitter in the secondary. Merriweather should be a ball hawk but your right about his tackling. He misses way too much. Chung seems to be a little of both and I will be watching him closely this year. As far as Sanders goes there is nothing wrong with boring it means you don't make a lot of mistakes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I think we'll trade Sanders to the Eagles. They need safety help bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: Starting Safties?:
    [QUOTE]I think we'll trade Sanders to the Eagles. They need safety help bad.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

since when are the Patriots in buisness too help solve philly`s problems? why would you even write something that dumb is beyond me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

since when are the Patriots in buisness too help solve philly`s problems? why would you even write something that dumb is beyond me.

What do you suggest then cut him cause were so deep? the Eagles arnt even in the division.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Starting Safties?:
    [QUOTE]since when are the Patriots in buisness too help solve philly`s problems? why would you even write something that dumb is beyond me. What do you suggest then cut him cause were so deep? the Eagles arnt even in the division.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

We are not that deep. Only 2 of these guys are proven starters and Sanders is one of them. If Merriweather goes down then we would surely miss Sanders veteran leadership in the secondary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

No way we trade Sanders.

I'm not sure how many snaps we play in a "Big Nickel" formation, but it's a decent number.  Basically we play three safeties.  There's no way we can go into the season without the depth of four safeties.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Sanders makes too much coin. I don't think we have 4 safetys on the roster. if need be a corner plays safety in a pinch. With Endleman playing running back as well as reciever and qb, he could do it. lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

True Champ hit it on the nose as far as im concern.  We will definitely need all four at some point during the season & in just about every game.

I feel like Safety is the 1 position on the D that is solid with minor question marks going into this season. 

This team is probably the best team ever in "rebuilding mode".  We have the potential to go 14-2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Now we got 5 safties, still think we'll keep all of them?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

each of them have different skill sets. Mcgown is the best at covering TE's and hittting hard. sanders is a good tackler with pretty good skills who provides vet leadership.  Chung is the athletic hard hitting up and comer. meriweather is the all around safety probowler who is looking to improve even more.  I think we keep them all and based upon the opponent we decide who is the starter.

Sections
Shortcuts