STATE OF THE PATRIOTS

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: STATE OF THE PATRIOTS

Here are some thoughts from Mike Reiss, who fields questions from Pats' fans in the aftermath of the loss to the Jets: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6046037

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

Personally I think he will go.

OL
    Pass rusher(Dline is solid, just need a pass rush)
    Trade
    OL
    RB
    WR
    or some such variation. But then again who knows with Bill.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here are the Pats' greatest nedds, according to Mike Reiss: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6052100

Do you agree with his rankings?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

In Response to Re: STATE OF THE PATRIOTS:
    In Response to Re: STATE OF THE PATRIOTS : Another wannabe GM, this.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

ASSCLOWN* this

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Here are the Pats' greatest nedds, according to Mike Reiss: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6052100      Do you agree with his rankings?
    Posted by TexasPat3

I think his rankings are accurate. The Pats are just a few key players away from ending the madness that has permeated these boards lately.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Here are the Pats' greatest nedds, according to Mike Reiss: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6052100      Do you agree with his rankings?
    Posted by TexasPat3

1-3 I feel are spot on.  4-6 can be mixed up a bit but I feel he hit the nail on the head as far as needs go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Cool CoolCoolCool
    Pats future is so bright...6 picks in the top 100, so does BB bargain shop and trade down and turn these 6 into 9,10 picks?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

I do not agree with these at all. I would go 2-3-1. A lot of the DL woes will be better just with the players already on the roster getting healthy. The OLB/pass rush is the #1 need IMO, and the OL is #2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: STATE OF THE PATRIOTS : The fake GM's have spoken.  Hide the weapons for when their picks don't pan out.

If you hate speculation so much then leave the boards until opening day  because speculation is the only then going at the moment. Fans like to speculate about what their teams will do so go home troll

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: STATE OF THE PATRIOTS : The fake GM's have spoken.  Hide the weapons for when their picks don't pan out.

Actually, it's not the fake GMs that you have to worry about.  It's the guys that come back in hindsight and say we could of had this guy and why did we pass up on him. 

Others that like to fall on sharp objects are the people who don't understand the trading down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Don't worry about 66' he can't seem to grasp that no GM's or Coaches write articles or post on forums so he'll never get info only from coaches and GM's.

BTW he's making new names to post, how cute. The true sign of a troll multiple screen names agreeing with each other

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Pats are looking like a 12+ win team next season. I'm expecting them to be in the Super Bowl mix and with a lot of young rookies and 2nd year players with some playoff experience we'll do better in the postseason. Now lets get that CBA done so we have a next season!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Don't worry about 66' he can't seem to grasp that no GM's or Coaches write articles or post on forums so he'll never get info only from coaches and GM's. BTW he's making new names to post, how cute. The true sign of a troll multiple screen names agreeing with each other
    Posted by PatsEng

Wasn't '66 sane at one time?  All of a sudden it's "your not a GM" rant.  I don't get it.  That's what everybody does in the off season until the draft is play GM.  I don't know what he's expecting.  Plus, if we didn't play GM around here things would get boring really fast.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

In Response to STATE OF THE PATRIOTS : I take it you had dinner with BB?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No I'm not a GM and I don't play one on TV either.  I'm a Pats fan with an interest in what the team will do in the draft.  Here's what I see as the team's needs that can be addressed:

OLB/DL pass rusher
    OL
    RB
    DL
    WR
    DB

I think the young DBs coupled with Bodden's return will take care of the secondary.  The team simply needs a way to put more pressure on opposing QBs. 

As has been previously posted, who indeed can know what BB will do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: STATE OF THE PATRIOTS : Wasn't '66 sane at one time?  All of a sudden it's "your not a GM" rant.  I don't get it.  That's what everybody does in the off season until the draft is play GM.  I don't know what he's expecting.  Plus, if we didn't play GM around here things would get boring really fast.
    Posted by garytx

Gary...he's just a troll. Go to his posts, and hit the ignore button, as I have.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: STATE OF THE PATRIOTS :  I do not agree with these at all. I would go 2-3-1. A lot of the DL woes will be better just with the players already on the roster getting healthy. The OLB/pass rush is the #1 need IMO, and the OL is #2.
    Posted by Cyberknot

Ty Warren hasn't been healthy now for two straight years. He can't be counted upon. Mike Wright may never be right (sorry, I couldn't resist...LOL) again after his concussion. The key to a strong 3-4 are the front 3 defensive lineman, who eat up all the blockers, so that the LBs can have a field day.

That said, since protecting Tom Brady is always job one, the OL must be addressed. Signing Logan Mankins would be key. But, with the definite threat of no football in 2011, why sign Mankins to a huge extension now? Wouldn't the Pats be better off franchising him?

Would love to see the Pats find their next Willie McGinest. But, using a high draft pick to roll dice on a DE/OLB hybrid is a major risk.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Willie McGinest type OLB
    Richard Seymour type DE (trade up if need be but there is good depth this year)
    Logan Mankins type O Guard (a bit of a joke in there haha) plus re-sign Mankins

These areas are must haves in my 'GM' opinion

Then look at:
    S (trade Meriweather for a 2nd rdr in 2011 and 1st rndr in 2012)
    DE (need more future starters than depth as both Warrens are old and Wright's councussion seems serious, plus the DE depth while good in 2010 was also banged* up)
    RB/WR

Oh jeez - don't fire me yet - this was my first GM role this offseason! bläääääää

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: STATE OF THE PATRIOTS :      Ty Warren hasn't been healthy now for two straight years. He can't be counted upon. Mike Wright may never be right (sorry, I couldn't resist...LOL) again after his concussion. The key to a strong 3-4 are the front 3 defensive lineman, who eat up all the blockers, so that the LBs can have a field day.      That said, since protecting Tom Brady is always job one, the OL must be addressed. Signing Logan Mankins would be key. But, with the definite threat of no football in 2011, why sign Mankins to a huge extension now? Wouldn't the Pats be better off franchising him?      Would love to see the Pats find their next Willie McGinest. But, using a high draft pick to roll dice on a DE/OLB hybrid is a major risk.   
    Posted by TexasPat3

Mankins has already proved he'll take ego feeding over money. Franchize him and he'll sit the first 2/3 of the season again out of spite.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to STATE OF THE PATRIOTS:
         This is dedicated to Patriots' fans, and those "brave" trolls who have crawled out of the woodwork  after the Jets beat the Pats in the play-offs.      My fellow Pats' fans, the Patriots are in great shape for next season. Armed with 6 of the top 100 picks in the upcoming draft, the Pats have reinforcements  on the way: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/Donaldson_Patriots_NFL.edc837f3.html        I expect the Pats to use these picks primarily to address their defensive front 7, and their OL. The Pats need to solve the riddle of Revis Island next season. Whether that means bringing in a big-play WR, or strengthening their running attack, remains to be seen.     
    Posted by TexasPat3

I agree. NE has three needs.

OL, defections and age, they just need to keep adding here.

OLB/DE, the mediocre pass rush showed up last season a few times. When Brady wasn't perfect, the defense had some trouble in close games. Pairing this secondary with one pass rusher will make everyone better.

WR/RB - this can't be understated. NE needs, absolutely needs, at least one playmaker. They need someone who has to be accounted for on every down, or else they will take it to the house. Yes, they did it in 2000 without one, but that was a miracle season capped by a miracle drive and a miracle kick against a superior team that was caught napping. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't know about a game breaker being such a huge need. Did they have this in 2003? It'd be great to add a taller, vertical threat but the offense led the league in scoring by a pretty wide margin with the smaller, quicker guys. Another point is look what happened when they did have that one guy that needed to be accounted for each play. His name was Moss and Brady eventually became fixated on him in a way that hurt the offense. 

I think it's dangerous to judge needs only on the jets game. They did fine without a game breaker against Pitt, the Jets (second time), and the bears. 

In Response to STATE OF THE PATRIOTS : I agree. NE has three needs. OL, defections and age, they just need to keep adding here. OLB/DE, the mediocre pass rush showed up last season a few times. When Brady wasn't perfect, the defense had some trouble in close games. Pairing this secondary with one pass rusher will make everyone better. WR/RB - this can't be understated. NE needs, absolutely needs, at least one playmaker. They need someone who has to be accounted for on every down, or else they will take it to the house. Yes, they did it in 2000 without one, but that was a miracle season capped by a miracle drive and a miracle kick against a superior team that was caught napping. 
    Posted by zbellino

Sections
Shortcuts