stats are for losers.its the winning that counts.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

stats are for losers.its the winning that counts.

I have mixed opinions on this statement.yes by all means winning is all that matters.i agree back in 2001 the pats went to the super bowl with poor stats,but brady also was spreading the wealth of passing to many players,this year it is just two receivers,and we had a pretty good defense with young and older players.fastforward to 2007.the pats shattered just about every stat possible going 18-0 before the superbowl.enter 2009 the pats stats are not great,and the team struggles against weaker teams,and there playoff wins and a trip to the superbowl are slim.to me stats are a barometer on how well a team and players are doing.and to me the pats are not fairing well compared to the other division leaders,and winning against them is possible,but unlikely unless there stat barometer rises.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: stats are for losers.its the winning that counts.

to me anything less of a superbowl trip is a waste.sure we can brag to the other teams fans who didnt make the playoffs,but thats all what we could brag about. like there teams,ours also will be home watching the superbowl.not to mention drafting players near the end of the draft where the two teams who went to the superbowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

he obviously said it to defend Moss.  I have not heard him make the type of statements he made about the Panthers and their players before, obviously they got under his skin and he was firing back, and this statement was part of that VERY unusual Bill B anger moment.  I dont think i means alot, but what it does mean, is winning is everything.  everything. everything.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Stats are a springboard to discussions when the final score doesn't tell the full story.  IE - The Colts win over the Phins or the Pats loss to the Colts.  They're used to help the fan of the losing team feel good their team outplayed the other in all facets but the score.  In the end, when the team's record is final and you look at that won-loss line, there is no "but" after that line in the history books. 

Sections
Shortcuts