Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning **UPDATED with another article**

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning **UPDATED with another article**

Good article breaking down what we already knew.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/12/21/tom-brady-peyton-manning/index.html?eref=sihp

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning

In Response to Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning : Not really - I mean Manning can act, but Neighbors to my knowledge was never a professional QB, let alone the best in the league like Manning.   By the way - I read that Byrne recommends a budweiser with a big mac in his most recent food and beverage pairings column. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

yes he is a good actor....hes been posin as the league mvp for several years now...
    but i think you know I meant the gomer factor was amazingly similar... hence the name .... did you know his little brother is referred to as goober???

archie: hey goober...oopss i mean gomer

gomer: ya dada?

goober: ya pops?

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning : So more rings, better playoff record, better winning%, better TD/INT ratio, which ironically are all facts, are substantially less important than the accumulation of stats for Gomer, having played 4 more seasons? You are the only person who would actually make the argument you are trying to make. At every turn, outside of the accumulation of stats during the regular season, Brady is better than Manning. You must feel blessed Brady went down in 2008, eh? lol
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Me, and the NFL panel, and the Sporting news panel who all said Manning was better than Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning : yes he is a good actor....hes been posin as the league mvp for several years now... but i think you know I meant the gomer factor was amazingly similar... hence the name .... did you know his little brother is referred to as goober??? archie: hey goober...oopss i mean gomer gomer: ya dada? goober: ya pops? hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]
    Its understandable.  When you win the award, I am sure there are a few photoshoots that go with it.  Brady appears to be on track for one.  He's certainly not the most Valuable, that would go to Vick, but no one (except for philly lovers) will vote for the dog killer. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]How can you sit there and say Manning is the best in the league right now? You are such a blowhard homer, it's beyond ridiculous. This is why people laugh at Colts fans.   60% of their home stadium is filled with women that look like this and all their fans are convinced Gomer was always "better" than Brady. Pathetic!
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Holy Sheet, Russ, you stole the words from my mouth.  Just this past game, I was pointing out how ugly the women at Lucas are, when my step-dad and I were watching it. Even some of the cheerleaders are border collies. Not that appearances are everything, but they are a good jumping point, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Brady in 8 guaranteed dome games every year = even more impressive stats.
    Manning out of 8 guaranteed dome games every year= even worse stats

period

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning : Me, and the NFL panel, and the Sporting news panel who all said Manning was better than Brady.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I believe Manning is an awesome QB and Colts are lucky to have him - as are we to have Brady.

However, since you brought this up, Manning is better than Brady? Based on what?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning : Its understandable.  When you win the award, I am sure there are a few photoshoots that go with it.  Brady appears to be on track for one.  He's certainly not the most Valuable, that would go to Vick, but no one (except for philly lovers) will vote for the dog killer. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course.  With the collapse of the Cowboys, inconsistent Giants or the normal pathetic Redskins, Mike Vick has been more impressive as most valuable over Brady even though he's played less games.

Yes, Underoos.

You are very honest and objective.  Yes.

Please go away. Phonies need not be here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning : Me, and the NFL panel, and the Sporting news panel who all said Manning was better than Brady.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I would say you all need to check the facts and get a college degree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Russ - you said I was the only one who would claim this, and I effectively refuted that by sharing with you authoritative evidence (nfl.com and sporting news) of some who said the same thing. 

Those are all the facts I needed to effectively demolish your comment. What you need is a degree of sense.  One would be infinitely greater than what you currently possess. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Yeah, go figure.  They came up with those rankings directly after Brady had a weak season RIGHT AFTER HE CAME OFF A KNEE INJURY SO BAD THAT HE COULD HAVE LOST HIS LEG TO INFECTION, and right after Gomer went to the SB and passed on a perfect season.  I suspect a lot of them wondered if Brady would go the way of Carson Palmer, and ranked him more conservatively as such.

But how many of those rankings contributors wish they could have their ballots back, after watching Brady fully recovered and having as good a season as any QB ever*, all things considered...along with Manning slipping so badly?

Bottom line, Brady already owns a ton of performance records that Manning - in his twilight now - will never touch.  Playing in a currently mediocre division, Manning still might have a shot at 2 or 3 more SB's.  But Brady probably has a shot at 4 or 5, despite the tougher division, and especially since the Pats will finally be loaded next season and the season following and the one after that, in all parts of the game, at the same time, for the first time in the Brady era.  How many years has Manning had the combo of among the best of kickers, punters, RBs, receivers and LBs at the same time? Four years of his career?  Five years? Six years.  Certainly not now, but it was quite a few.

Like you wrote a few months back, it looks like the end of an era for the Colts.  The Pats are justing hitting their prime years under Brady.

*the stated opinion of many national sports writers and football commentators in 2010

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Here is my one problem with making Vick the MVP:  He is routinely injured and was again this season, missing several games.  As good as he is when he plays, no team can ever count on him for a 13-game season, let alone 16 games. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The pi**ing contest about who is better, Brady or Manning, will probably never stop, even after these two careers are over.  Even this year, with Manning having a down year, not so much stat wise, but quality wise, and Brady playing lights out, there are still many out there who say Manning is better.  The arguments are always centered around two elements:  Pro-Manning speak to all his stats and records for TD seasons etc...  Pro-Brady point to being the leader of the team when they won SBs and a stellar playoff record.  Look at Montana, for example.. he doesn't have the stats but, people do point out more than anything his SB and playoff record, not stats.  So, Montana and Brady are lumped in the same corner as those QBs who have won multiple SB titles but were not necessarily statistical leaders in the league while others lump Manning, Favre and Marino in the stats corner.  It all depends on what one values the most.  But, in the end, it is a team game and none of these QBs did it alone!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Russ - you said I was the only one who would claim this, and I effectively refuted that by sharing with you authoritative evidence (nfl.com and sporting news) of some who said the same thing.  Those are all the facts I needed to effectively demolish your comment. What you need is a degree of sense.  One would be infinitely greater than what you currently possess. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Those publications are in it to sell.  All about money. Picking Brady over Gomer wasn't the popular choice after Brady went down in 2008.

Duh.

If Brady does not go down in 2008, 11-5 from Cassel is more like 14-2 from Brady and another SB appearance.

NE pasted Arizona with Matt Cassel under center.

I think you know where I am going here.     Your window is over. OVER.  Gomer is older, slower, not as good as he was and will be struggling to keep up with his long gone, 2004 season of greatness.

Your whole argument stems around a myth that Manning is somehow better than Brady.

He was drafted #1 but started his career at 0-7 in Foxborough, started his career 0-4 in the postseason, Brady had 3 rings by the time Manning even won a game in New England!

He has stats in a dome and has played 4 more seasons than Brady. These are his advantages.

The Sporting News and NFL "panels" are mental midgets. They clearly missed a lot of facts, data, contexts and harsh realities that showcase Brady slightly better than Manning, overall.

This debate ended when Gomer threw a pick 6 under pressure.

Because, that's what he does.

My argument is as strong as the facts provide.

Do you even read the data that is presented by the people who took a longer look at why Brady is deemed the better QB over Manning?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning : Its understandable.  When you win the award, I am sure there are a few photoshoots that go with it.  Brady appears to be on track for one.  He's certainly not the most Valuable, that would go to Vick, but no one (except for philly lovers) will vote for the dog killer. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

underoos....  there is big distinction between actually winning it and having it given to you based on your popularity...

I really could care less if brady wins it as long as we go on and win the superbowl for the 4th time in ten years... that is a particularly nice alternative wouldnt you say... oh wait you wouldnt be able to say that

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

And yet the NE population is so much larger than the Indy population that one would think that if said publications (nfl.com is not one) were wishing to sell more magazines based on its pick, it would have picked the player tied to the larger population.  

It didn't and neither did NFL.com.

Go figure. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Wrong.  More fans hate NE than Indy.

Try again, rube.

For 10 years there has been a misconception that Brady is somehow worse than Gomer.

And, now, the jig is up. And it's been up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

UD6... your being here making arguments about Manning being the better QB time after time after time is getting old.  What I see is a Colts fan, and I respect your opinion as a Colts fan, loyal to the core, banging his head against a wall on which are the words. " Pats' fans feel Brady is BEST QB"  and you are trying to break through!  You never will.  As you noted earlier, both group of fans are blessed to have at the same time QBs playing for them that are in the argument about best QB of all time etc..  Hey, but stay here all you want and make your case..  it makes for many amusing posts and retorts!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What is annoying with him is this:

He thinks Manning is better than Brady.   If that is the case, what is the premise and the support? What is the argument? Padding stats in a dome?

Where is Manning better?

In what area? 

I don't have an issue if he says each are on par with one another, but he just says "Manning is better" and then runs away like a little girl.

State a premise and then use data and facts to support it.

He can't do it.  Does anyone know how old this tool is?  Maybe he's a young kid and doesn't know how to sustain an argument?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rusty - you got some kind of proof that more people hate NE than Indy?  I'd say this is a typical mentality of pats fans.  I've noticed they feel slighted anytime and everytime NE is not considered the best of all things NFL.  Heck it doesn't have to even be negative toward's NE, if anything positive is mentioned about another team without also saying NE is better, the paranoid posts begin. 

Now, the fact is and AGC can back me up here, I've said plenty of times that Brady and Manning are 1b and 1a and that we all should be thankful for our abundance.  However, when the frequent Brady is better than Manning comments come out, I'm happy to spar, because there are people here who clearly think Brady is better than Manning, which is simply ridiculous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

AGC - I am with you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE].....because there are people here who clearly think Brady is better than Manning, which is simply ridiculous.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    Ok, so call me ridiculous!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty - you got some kind of proof that more people hate NE than Indy?  I'd say this is a typical mentality of pats fans.  I've noticed they feel slighted anytime and everytime NE is not considered the best of all things NFL. Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You are just stupid. 

Only you would claim proof is needed to have spent the last 5 years hearing people come up with one jealous laden statement after another about the Pats.

People are beyond jealous of what NE has accomplished, continues to accomplish and hence, cannot stand the Pats.

Only you would claim otherwise.

More NFL fans cannot stand NE than appreciate them. That's a fact if you have spent any time out of the NE area the last 5 years.

Leave home for once, kid, and you'll get a real good feel of what other NFL fans think.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stats say what rings suggested; Brady is better than Manning : Ok, so call me ridiculous!!!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

So you were lying when you said you thought they were 1a and 1b?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

According to ESPN, Mr. Happy Feet moves better in the pocket and he would be chosen to lead a last minute drive, not Brady.

lol!!

Nice logic, ESPN.

The comedy of the logic is priceless.  It's just awkward watching them try to spin it towards Gomer as much as possible.