Stats the correlate well with scoring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Stats the correlate well with scoring

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I

We wouldn't know would we? And that is the entire point. What we do know is one of the greatest passing offenses in regular season history year in and year out go pass heavy against great post season defenses and score 15 points a game in their last 6 losses(7 years).  That is what we do know as fact!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  You don't know if what you are claiming is true is actually true. It's just your opinion. 

If I were you, though, I'd pause to consider the fact that the greatest coach in the history of the game hasn't adopted your suggested solutions over seven years of playoff appearances. Maybe you're smarter about football than Bill Belichick.  We don't know that either.  But somehow, I'm skeptical. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I

We wouldn't know would we? And that is the entire point. What we do know is one of the greatest passing offenses in regular season history year in and year out go pass heavy against great post season defenses and score 15 points a game in their last 6 losses(7 years).  That is what we do know as fact!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  You don't know if what you are claiming is true is actually true. It's just your opinion. 

If I were you, though, I'd pause to consider the fact that the greatest coach in the history of the game hasn't adopted your suggested solutions over seven years of playoff appearances. Maybe you're smarter about football than Bill Belichick.  We don't know that either.  But somehow, I'm skeptical. 

[/QUOTE]

You mean like suggesting BB is inferior as a general manager? Saying he can't acquire the "right collection of talent" and that has lead to poor performance?  

Hypocritical much?

It is telling that in the end of our debates you always fall back to the "you think you know more then BB wahhhh" crap.

Yes, I think BB and Obrien and Mcdaniels and Tom Brady and Earnie Adams, and whoever else has made a mistake by falling back on their HOF QB on the biggest stage. I think our offense has lacked creativity in big games and goes into their safety valve by throwing too much and good defenses have known it and been prepared for that tendency.  This is the reason our offense has played 20 points below their average for 7 straight years in playoff losses. 

Stale

Predictable

Pass heavy

Finesse

15.5 ppg scored in 6 straight post season losses. Yes I blame BB and everybody else. Not because I think I am a football genius, or because I studied a pie chart of a diagram of a graph, but because I watched all of our painful playoff and super bowl losses where our 1 dimensional offense couldn't move the chains, get field position or score points after dominating regular season teams all year. 3 to 1 pass to run = 15.5 ppg scored.

Now talk around that some more. Talk about how you are right and I am wrong because you say so, talk about how I think BB is an idiot, and then switch gears to blame  everything on the defense. I'm sure it will be a great read.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In 

Yes, I think BB and Obrien and Mcdaniels and Tom Brady and Earnie Adams, and whoever else has made a mistake by falling back on their HOF QB on the biggest stage. I think our offense has lacked creativity in big games and goes into their safety valve by throwing too much and good defenses have known it and been prepared for that tendency.  This is the reason our offense has played 20 points below their average for 7 straight years in playoff losses. 

Stale

Predictable

Pass heavy

Finesse

15.5 ppg scored in 6 straight post season losses. Yes I blame BB and everybody else. Not because I think I am a football genius, or because I studied a pie chart of a diagram of a graph, but because I watched all of our painful playoff and super bowl losses where our 1 dimensional offense couldn't move the chains, get field position or score points after dominating regular season teams all year. 3 to 1 pass to run = 15.5 ppg scored.

[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how the same guys who run one of the top offenses in the league every season can't figure out how to run an offense in the playoffs.  

I guess, though, a massive collective and repeated brain fahrt of the top coaches in the NFL is a better explanation for playoff losses than more obvious and mundane things like injuries to key players, poor O line play, and failures by a weak secondary.  But okay, the coaches are terrible game planners and play callers . . . but apparently only in the final game of the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In 

Stale

Predictable

Pass heavy

Finesse

[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how the same guys who run one of the top offenses in the league every season can't figure out how to run an offense in the playoffs.  

I guess, though, a massive collective and repeated brain fahrt of the top coaches in the NFL is a better explanation for playoff losses than more obvious and mundane things like injuries to key players, poor O line play, and failures by a weak secondary.  But okay, the coaches are terrible game planners and play callers . . . but apparently only in the final game of the season.

[/QUOTE]

And there it is again. You think you know more then BB blah blah.  Looks like this talk is over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"In their playoff losses, the Pats have been less productive in the passing game than their opponents:"

Wait a second Prolate. Are you now saying that our passing game in our post season losses wasn't very good? Surely you must wonder why we threw the ball a 3-1 ratio(285 passes to 111 runs) in 6 straight losses on the biggest stage if in fact....the Pats have been less productive.

Gasp.

[/QUOTE]

No. Unlike you, I think our coaches know what they are doing.  They threw the ball because they knew they had to succeed in the passing game to win.

They didn't succeed, but running more wouldn't have changed the outcome. How would you know?

Your mistake is assuming that abandoning the pass in favour of the run would have improved the result. Nobody said anything about "abandoning the pass" we just want them to stop "abandoning the run".

.  The reality is you have to be able to succeed at the pass to win B.S you have to be able to do both, to refute this is futile..  

Abandoning the pass and running more would have simply been capitulation.  I think most sane human beings would agree that there is a large gap between abandoning the run and running more then 285 passes to 111 runs in 6 straight post season exits. But I guess you're not one of them.

et's try an example to see if you can better understand where your logic is failing:

Let's say you are in Boston and have to get to LA for a meeting tomorrow.  You go to the airport and your flight is delayed.  Do you give up on flying and try to drive?  Of course not, you stick to your strategy of flying and hope the flight isn't delayed too long.  Abandoning flying in favour of driving is a sure way to miss the meeting. If your flight ends up being canceled you may still miss the meeting, but that doesn't mean that jumping in your car would have produced a better result. 

My logic isn't failing. We have passed at a 3 to 1 ratio in 6 straight playoff losses and its lead to 15 points per game scored. Passing more hasn't helped.

Stop talking in circles and refute these facts. Note, facts,  not trumped up blown out B.S pie charts.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are being completely illogical.  The fact that we passed at a certain rate and scored a certain number of points does not mean that passing at a lesser rate would produce more points. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, your fact is not fact,  The CORRECT average points per game is 15.833333.

4th grade math says you round, UP because .8333 is closer to the whole point, not the half point.  So get your FACTS right, either put 15.833333 or use 16.  It's not 15.5

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Another article on this topic that may be interesting.  If nothing else, you'll like the cheerleader pictures . . 

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/winners-and-losers-beauty-runs-stat-deep/13555/

Sections
Shortcuts