Status...(not good)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Status...(not good)

SO this was going to be a BIG offseason for the Pats due to all those holes they needed to fill. So FA started and what have we got on the important first day:

1) The best (and only) OLB in FA is gone. The solution: Pats overpay an average player with one good season in 6 years....a player not good enough in SF.
    2) No deal is made with their best defensiver player (and one of the few leaders left). The solution: They tag him and hope something magical will happen.
    3) The best WR in FA is gone. The solution: They wait for a couple of weeks and grab some old and wash-outed WR no other team finds interesting.
    4) No deal is made with their best OL man. The solution: They tender him and hope something magical happen.
    5) No deal is made with their best CB. The solution: Let him go into FA and hope something magical happen.
    6) They cut one TE and let the other go into FA. The solution: None, besides a TE from Chicago, which havent lived up to expectations.
    7) No moves have been made towards the best ILB in FA. The solution: Lets stick with alot of young and injuryprone players with very average skills and no big playmaking abilities (besides Mayo).
    8) The let one of their decent DE go into FA. The solution: None. Hope for some magic to happen.

I hope BB is a magician, because the Pats certainly need magic to be a SB contender again, if this is how they go through the off season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

Re: Status...(not good)

In Response to Status...(not good):
    SO this was going to be a BIG offseason for the Pats due to all those holes they needed to fill. So FA started and what have we got on the important first day: 1) The best (and only) OLB in FA is gone. The solution: Pats overpay an average player with one good season in 6 years....a player not good enough in SF. 2) No deal is made with their best defensiver player (and one of the few leaders left). The solution: They tag him and hope something magical will happen. 3) The best WR in FA is gone. The solution: They wait for a couple of weeks and grab some old and wash-outed WR no other team finds interesting. 4) No deal is made with their best OL man. The solution: They tender him and hope something magical happen. 5) No deal is made with their best CB. The solution: Let him go into FA and hope something magical happen. 6) They cut one TE and let the other go into FA. The solution: None, besides a TE from Chicago, which havent lived up to expectations. 7) No moves have been made towards the best ILB in FA. The solution: Lets stick with alot of young and injuryprone players with very average skills and no big playmaking abilities (besides Mayo). 8) The let one of their decent DE go into FA. The solution: None. Hope for some magic to happen. I hope BB is a magician, because the Pats certainly need magic to be a SB contender again, if this is how they go through the off season.
    Posted by haldager

cry me a river.  get a grip pal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Im not crying...I just sum up the facts. Hopefully something good will happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

I hope you are right...:-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

You spun every fact in the most negative way possible, making things seem much worse than they are.  Free agency is less than 24 hours old and the draft is two months away.  Take a deep breath and relax. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Well I really dont see a lot of positives in the things I summed up. And Im always relaxed on a Friday.:-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Status...(not good):
    In Response to Status...(not good) : cry me a river.  get a grip pal.
    Posted by hagen910

First of all your the one being rediculous here. It is physically impossible for him to cry you a river, I have been crying all day and its barely a cupfull. Second, he is not your pal and you said this in a very condesending way and might back off a bit yourself. What he is stating are purely facts to a team that has been in decline for 3 years.
    Why is it that when someone on here speaks the truth or states his feelings people are in a rush and continue to say, the Patriots are okay. The Patriots are not okay and FA will pass with no one picked up as well as the Draft with no one great comming in. This is what Bellicheck has done the last 3 years, Volmer and Edleman are the best 2. @ people do not a team make my friend, may I call you my friend?Cry

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Status...(not good) : cry me a river.  get a grip pal.
    Posted by hagen910

I think a lot of Pats fans are concerned with how far they slipped last season particularly on D which is BB's master craft. If things continue in the same vein then it won't be long before the Pats are also rans even with Brady. With so many holes on the team it would be good to see them start addressing them sooner rather then later

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

There is absolutely no reason not to be relaxed..it's a Friday in March.  Plenty of bullets in the gun, a deep draft, lots of depth to be had on the market and Brady will be 100% in 2010.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to Re: Status...(not good) : First of all your the one being rediculous here. It is physically impossible for him to cry you a river, I have been crying all day and its barely a cupfull. Second, he is not your pal and you said this in a very condesending way and might back off a bit yourself. What he is stating are purely facts to a team that has been in decline for 3 years. Why is it that when someone on here speaks the truth or states his feelings people are in a rush and continue to say, the Patriots are okay. The Patriots are not okay and FA will pass with no one picked up as well as the Draft with no one great comming in. This is what Bellicheck has done the last 3 years, Volmer and Edleman are the best 2. @ people do not a team make my friend, may I call you my friend?
    Posted by Stompper

you may my friend, didn't understand your last sentance.   don't forget welker and moss 2nd rd and 4th rd pick as well.  banta cain and bodden were excellent free agent pick ups as well.  all i'm saying is its early and we all had a pretty good idea the pats were not going to grab a high priced free agent.  keep an eye on restricted free agents and second tier free agents in the upcoming days and weeks.  your only a paper champion this time of year.  Have we lost faith in BB this quickly.  still a solid team with players to build around.  I just think people are jumping the gun.   Everybody is going jonestown style because we didn't sign a free agent the first day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Its good to hear that someone share my points of view. Because people are a bit pessimistic and emotionel doesn´t mean we have given up. Everyone is entitled to share their views and thoughts and if you dont like our comments then move on instead of calling us pals :-).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

Its good to hear that someone share my points of view. Because people are a bit pessimistic and emotionel doesn´t mean we have given up. Everyone is entitled to share their views and thoughts and if you dont like our comments then move on instead of calling us pals :-).
    Posted by haldager

not that easy pal.  That loser talk.  I will continue to battle you panic induced bandwagon fans until I show you the light.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Status...(not good):
    SO this was going to be a BIG offseason for the Pats due to all those holes they needed to fill. So FA started and what have we got on the important first day: 1) The best (and only) OLB in FA is gone. The solution: Pats overpay an average player with one good season in 6 years....a player not good enough in SF. 2) No deal is made with their best defensiver player (and one of the few leaders left). The solution: They tag him and hope something magical will happen. 3) The best WR in FA is gone. The solution: They wait for a couple of weeks and grab some old and wash-outed WR no other team finds interesting. 4) No deal is made with their best OL man. The solution: They tender him and hope something magical happen. 5) No deal is made with their best CB. The solution: Let him go into FA and hope something magical happen. 6) They cut one TE and let the other go into FA. The solution: None, besides a TE from Chicago, which havent lived up to expectations. 7) No moves have been made towards the best ILB in FA. The solution: Lets stick with alot of young and injuryprone players with very average skills and no big playmaking abilities (besides Mayo). 8) The let one of their decent DE go into FA. The solution: None. Hope for some magic to happen. I hope BB is a magician, because the Pats certainly need magic to be a SB contender again, if this is how they go through the off season.
    Posted by haldager

Dude, this is one of the most intelligent posts on the board today. I've been saying it all day. You present completely true facts which the Belichick drones here REFUSE to face. This front office is completely mismanaged. The Patriots REACT rather than ATTACK. They "wait and see" and hope for miracles. They do that with players on the roster (lets keep our fingers crossed that nobody signs Bodden instead of STEPPING UP and signing him) as well as FA's. Lets HOPE nobody signs the one we want and then we can move in and get him on the cheap. Lets HOPE nobody picks the player on the board in the draft that we really want instead of MOVING UP to get him. Completely reactive approach. Bad in business whatever that business is!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

I like it here in the dark..PAL! :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to Status...(not good) : Dude, this is one of the most intelligent posts on the board today. I've been saying it all day. You present completely true facts which the Belichick drones here REFUSE to face. This front office is completely mismanaged. The Patriots REACT rather than ATTACK. They "wait and see" and hope for miracles. They do that with players on the roster (lets keep our fingers crossed that nobody signs Bodden instead of STEPPING UP and signing him) as well as FA's. Lets HOPE nobody signs the one we want and then we can move in and get him on the cheap. Lets HOPE nobody picks the player on the board in the draft that we really want instead of MOVING UP to get him. Completely reactive approach. Bad in business whatever that business is!
    Posted by smorgan86

so in your logic we should sign a #2 cb in bodden to a deal that should be for a #1 cb and hope he plays up?  then your handcuffed in the future.  Thats shortsighted.  I would love to have bodden but not at 7 million a year.  get a grip, let the lions, redskins and bears overspend for average players and lets see how the season unfolds for them.  if the pats see someone worth the money they will drop it.  brady, warren, moss, seymour 2nd contract etc.  vince wilfork will happen soon along with mankins, which may have to wait a year.  they have disipline, something many people posting here forget. 

Now I do think they need to do a better job in the draft.  I did question moving down last year and not taking a LB, but maybe tyrone mckenzie is a stud and we don't know because he got hurt.  Just saying the pats have a plan for sustained success and it doesn't involve breaking the bank for marginal players.  deal with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Guys,

It is easy to be concerned given the events of the past 24 hours.  The big name F/As are being snatched up.  The Jets went further in the play-offs than us last year and have zero holes now and the best defense in the NFL.  The Dolphins, if they land Dansby, are ligitimate contenders in the AFC East.  For those concerned, you have every right to be.

For those that trust in BB and the Pats way, you have every right to be optimistic. The Pats don't overpay in free agency, they look for talent willing to come here for less.  They have 4 prime draft picks, one of the best owners, head coach and QBs EVER.  There is reason to think the team will come together stronger than last year.  Our defense is very young and will get better.  We have two (Crable/McKenzie) 3rd round picks at LB yet to play and a 3rd round WR (Tate) who barely played.  Add them to the 4 top picks and we will have 7 young and hopefully talented players that we didn't have a year ago.  We have two 1st round picks next year (one of which could be a top 10).

I'm frustrated too at this point but I am also optimistic things will come together. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

great post fauce.  best yet, even better then mine. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

BB is asleep at the switch, or at least ir seems that way. Other than Wes Welker the Pats have lousy receivers, no defense, no running game. But BB will fix all that because in Bill We Trust.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Guys, It is easy to be concerned given the events of the past 24 hours.  The big name F/As are being snatched up.  The Jets went further in the play-offs than us last year and have zero holes now and the best defense in the NFL.  The Dolphins, if they land Dansby, are ligitimate contenders in the AFC East.  For those concerned, you have every right to be. For those that trust in BB and the Pats way, you have every right to be optimistic. The Pats don't overpay in free agency, they look for talent willing to come here for less.  They have 4 prime draft picks, one of the best owners, head coach and QBs EVER.  There is reason to think the team will come together stronger than last year.  Our defense is very young and will get better.  We have two (Crable/McKenzie) 3rd round picks at LB yet to play and a 3rd round WR (Tate) who barely played.  Add them to the 4 top picks and we will have 7 young and hopefully talented players that we didn't have a year ago.  We have two 1st round picks next year (one of which could be a top 10). I'm frustrated too at this point but I am also optimistic things will come together. 
    Posted by Faucetman

a positve outlook as compared to some of the bandwagoners 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

BB is asleep at the switch, or at least ir seems that way. Other than Wes Welker the Pats have lousy receivers, no defense, no running game. But BB will fix all that because in Bill We Trust.
    Posted by jimdaytona

no, it will get fixed or try to fix it in the offseason which just started today.  it takes time.  You all want the patriots to mortgage the future for an overpriced average free agent.  thats the problem, we have months to go and everybody is hitting the panic button day one.  its a joke and shows how much knowledge some patriot fans lack, but think they have.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

how the hell is someone from kansas gonna call pats fans on a boston website bandwagoners?? dude....i bet you were really cheering your heart out for the pats back in the rod rust days eh?

dont get me wrong, im glad our team has fans all over the place...but we dont need outsiders telling us about "bandwagoners"...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teddydupay4. Show teddydupay4's posts

The one positive is that there's evidence the Patriots are trying.  Calling and talking trade to the bitter end, offering Peppers a contract, it shows they have a pulse on trying to get better.  In the end, Peppers isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer (and his comments show that in the past with Carolina) and 12 mil per year is a lot to sign over to someone with question marks about character.

The bigger concern is the on-field dropoff.  Why isn't Adalius Thomas rushing the passer more?  Why did that philosophy change?  I'm a grown man who grew up playing sports thru college.  When my coach had issues with me, we talked about them.  What's so hard about just sitting down and talking to Thomas, who could still be a useful player?  Bridge the rift.

The other bigger concern is the growing sentiment among players that the Pats don't pay or treat their vets with respect.  Nothing is more damning, true or false, than players holding one opinion about something and passing it on.  Players seem wary of some of the comments made.  The positive back and forth discourse with Wilfork is great, but the impression of the Pats only gets more reiterated every day that goes by where he doesn't get a long term deal.  Where's the extension for Brady? 

At some point, you over-pay to be competitive.  Sure, Bodden isn't worth #1 money, but Robert Mathis isn't worth #1 DE money.  Kelvin Hayden isn't worth #1 CB money.  Tony Romo isn't worth #1 QB money.  But you pay based on the market, and moreover, you pay based on where you'd be if you DON'T have those guys.  The Patriots, whatever their vision is, might be right...but without question they need to act on it.  The NFL doesn't reward those who try to be fashionably late.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Guys, It is easy to be concerned given the events of the past 24 hours.  The big name F/As are being snatched up.  The Jets went further in the play-offs than us last year and have zero holes now and the best defense in the NFL.  The Dolphins, if they land Dansby, are ligitimate contenders in the AFC East.  For those concerned, you have every right to be. For those that trust in BB and the Pats way, you have every right to be optimistic. The Pats don't overpay in free agency, they look for talent willing to come here for less.  They have 4 prime draft picks, one of the best owners, head coach and QBs EVER.  There is reason to think the team will come together stronger than last year.  Our defense is very young and will get better.  We have two (Crable/McKenzie) 3rd round picks at LB yet to play and a 3rd round WR (Tate) who barely played.  Add them to the 4 top picks and we will have 7 young and hopefully talented players that we didn't have a year ago.  We have two 1st round picks next year (one of which could be a top 10). I'm frustrated too at this point but I am also optimistic things will come together. 
    Posted by Faucetman

I think you are right on many issues. But my concern is that it in average it takes 1-3 seasons before drafted rookies can really make an impact in the NFL, and we just cant wait for them all to develop. We need some experience and proven talent now...not in 2 years. I think every team tries to balance experience with future talent, but right now Pats have too much inexperience and we lack leaders with NFL experience. Who is our defensive leader for example? Who is the new Rodney Harrison (from a leadership perspective) in 2010?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

In Response to Re: Status...(not good) : no, it will get fixed or try to fix it in the offseason which just started today.  it takes time.  You all want the patriots to mortgage the future for an overpriced average free agent.  thats the problem, we have months to go and everybody is hitting the panic button day one.  its a joke and shows how much knowledge some patriot fans lack, but think they have.
    Posted by hagen910

so show us your vast well of football knowledge there mr smarty pants...give everyone even a clue how BB is gonna begin plugging all these holes in his sinking ship...with the draft perhaps? yeah, great track record there, about 2 in every 10 draft picks lately ends up a productive player...thats if he actually even uses draft picks, usually they get traded away for the future, and when the future comes, then they get traded away for the future again...with scrapheap retreads? possibly...but he hasnt really pulled that move off since 2001...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

[QUOTE]how the hell is someone from kansas gonna call pats fans on a boston website bandwagoners?? dude....i bet you were really cheering your heart out for the pats back in the rod rust days eh? dont get me wrong, im glad our team has fans all over the place...but we dont need outsiders telling us about "bandwagoners"...
    Posted by HOFFBURGER[/QUOT

I lived in boston from age 4 til 22 then moved to tampa, fl where I still live.  always have been a fan even in the bad times.  Don't know where your getting kansas from.  have to check my profile unless your talking to someone else.

Sections
Shortcuts