Steeler Fan Is Impressed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

Steeler Fan Is Impressed

I must admit I didn't think the Pats would win your division this year but they have  proven that they are for real.  I don't know how your defense is ranked last in the league for pass defense.

I'm not sure I would want to play the Pats again with a totally healthy Steeler team let alone the make shift one we have now.

Very impressive display of football this year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed

Thanks for the comments. As Bill Belichick always says "stats are for losers"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Steeler Fan Is Impressed:
    [QUOTE]I must admit I didn't think the Pats would win your division this year but they have  proven that they are for real.  I don't know how your defense is ranked last in the league for pass defense. I'm not sure I would want to play the Pats again with a totally healthy Steeler team let alone the make shift one we have now. Very impressive display of football this year!
    Posted by Twix016[/QUOTE]

If yours is a "makeshift" team, what do you call a team with TWICE the number of players that the Steelers have on IR?

The Patriots.

No excuses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Steeler Fan Is Impressed : If yours is a "makeshift" team, what do you call a team with TWICE the number of players that the Steelers have on IR? The Patriots. No excuses.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Not looking for excuses it was just a comment.  If we meet again and you beat us the sun will still rise tomorrow.  If we beat you....the sun will still rise tomorrow!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed : Not looking for excuses it was just a comment.  If we meet again and you beat us the sun will still rise tomorrow.  If we beat you....the sun will still rise tomorrow!

Agreed, the sun also rises.

But the "if we were healthy" crap is for babies, so don't bring it up, especially since your injury list pales compared to ours.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed : Agreed, the sun also rises. But the "if we were healthy" crap is for babies, so don't bring it up, especially since your injury list pales compared to ours.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

You my friend are exactly why the rest of the sports world views Boston fans as obnoxious and arrogant.  You take a compliment and twist it so you can mouth off.  And here I thought the NY fans were the worst.

BTW...your IR list is pretty much average players.  Ours is mostly our A players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

I've notcied some chippiness.  I'm guessing pats fans are (all) tired and (many) a bit hungover.   I know I am.

Twix came to offer a compliment; I didn't see it as excuses.  Let's just enjoy the butt-kicking of rex's raiders, and our possibilities this season...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Steeler Fan Is Impressed:
    [QUOTE]I must admit I didn't think the Pats would win your division this year but they have  proven that they are for real.  I don't know how your defense is ranked last in the league for pass defense. I'm not sure I would want to play the Pats again with a totally healthy Steeler team let alone the make shift one we have now. Very impressive display of football this year!

They're ranked last for several reasons.

They're the youngest D in the NFL and it's taken time for them to learn their roles and gel into a unit.

Because they're so inexperienced BB has been giving up the short passing game in order to protect them from the long ball.

BB also employs a stratergy of letting the opponent go on long clock killing drives in the 4th when he has a good lead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Yo TWIX016 ...yur mudder wears army boots.
    (kiddin )

MOST Pats fans appreciate it when a rival teams fan has the ball s to post here with compliments ...

That said .

I like the Steelers chances of making some noise in the playoffs ( especially if Aaron Smith gets back on the field )
      Other than BRADY / BREES ...I cant think of a better WINNER QB in the NFL right now , Big Ben has proved that he's a formidable foe and though I dont fear the Steelers , Im not ignorant enough to think they cant beat us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed : Umm, Ty Warren, Steven Neal and Leigh Bodden ARE NOT "average players".  Who are these A list Squeelers on IR?  Lynn Swann, John Stallworth? You sound like a Horsehead fan in disguise: "oh woah is me, my team is hurting..." Go away, before the Pats put anothing whipping on your sorry team. 
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Thank you for proving my point about Boston fans.  I'll take your IR over ours any day.  Let's see you play without your starting offensive line (except center), your two starting defensive ends, your tight end, and your punter.
    Not to mention a QB with a broken foot.

The Pats seem to have a very good if not great team this year.  I'm sorry I brought it up.  I promise never to compliment you guys again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Maybe great doesn't apply yet but we have a slew of draft picks to address any missing pieces.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marvcook. Show marvcook's posts

Good luck to your Steelers

I'd say Bodden, Warren, Faulk, Neal, and Gostkowski are a little better than average

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Steeler stink. Pats rule!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coatesfan. Show coatesfan's posts

Hey twix016,

Thanks for the compliment!  We are fortunate to have our team playing so well and to continue our run .   Sorry for some of the NE fans that want to tear your compliment apart. We can debate who has the worst IR, but I appreciate you coming on here as football fan that enjoys watching a good team.

Go Pats! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Twix, don't be offended.  In their defense, that came off as a back-handed compliment, though not an egregious one.  No big deal.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coatesfan. Show coatesfan's posts

But what he really said was "I'm not sure I would want to play the Pats again with a totally healthy Steeler team"   THAT IS A COMPLIMENT!  Don't be such a jerk when he came on here to compliment our team.  He is a Steelers fan!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[QUOTE]But what he really said was "I'm not sure I would want to play the Pats again with a totally healthy Steeler team"   THAT IS A COMPLIMENT!  Don't be such a jerk when he came on here to compliment our team.  He is a Steelers fan!
    Posted by coatesfan[/QUOTE]

Coatesfan...thank you for explaining my comments to that knucklehead.  You are right when I say I'm not sure I would want to play your team fully healthy.  In fact I know I don't!  But I'll always be a Steeler's fan!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]But what he really said was "I'm not sure I would want to play the Pats again with a totally healthy Steeler team"   THAT IS A COMPLIMENT!  Don't be such a jerk when he came on here to compliment our team.  He is a Steelers fan!
    Posted by coatesfan[/QUOTE]

If he had made reference to the health of BOTH teams, I would have taken the compliment at full face value, and said, "Thanks."  Making reference to his own team's condition without equal concern for the other's, turns the compliment into a backhanded one.

If he truly wanted to compliment us, he would have said, "What the Pats are doing with 10 guys on injured reserve is impressive," and I would have wished him and his Steelers good luck, as Pittsburgh is one of the teams I have always respected.

Pats fans know intimately about the runs of injuries the home team can suffer, but it is a part of a very physical game. You don't complain about it; you don't make excuses. As BB would say, "It is what it is."

Some may call me arrogant or chippy; I don't much care. When we win, I celebrate; when we lose, I congratulate...but I don't water down the congratulations by bringing up excuses. Others do, and I understand.

It's just not me.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steeler Fan Is Impressed : I agree with you and I am NOT a knucklehead.  I haven't seen this supposed list of HOF Steelers that were on IR that Twix has when the Pats whipped them. As far as I know, only Keisel and smith missed that game and neither are on IR this year. If you are going to compliment the Pats for beating the Steelers, leave injuries out of it.  Heck their best nickel corner (Wilhite) has been out  for how many games now, yet tehy are still winning. Injuries are NEVER an excuse in this league.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I think you need a hug!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts