Steeler Jet game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Re: Steeler Jet game thread

Looks like lights out for the Jets.  Back to their normal way of playing.  I agree with other people on this thread.  Hope BB and his other coaches are watching.  If we had a little more creativity on offense (like run the ball more when it is not expected) and a pass rush on defense we would be golden.  Unfortunately we picked a bad time to play our third bad game of the year.  Hope we draft some pass rushers and maybe a WR that can stretch the field a little.  Maybe Tate will break out next year and Price also.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

This makes the mirace win last week even more infuriating.  The NY Jokes don't belong in this football game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Matchups. That's the NFL business.

The Jets shut us down but historically, we shred the Steelers. And here are the Steelers abusing the Jets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We should be ASHAMED!!! How did we lose to these arsetards? 

Jesus, now I'm really mad at the Pats. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

The Jets can get themselves fired up to play the Patriots, especially in the playoffs. It was extremely unlikely that they would be able to match that level of intensity 2 weeks running? Last week was their SB win - this week's comedown after such a big win was inevitable...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

IMO the jets didnt outplay us ,we just played that bad and the end we only lost by 7 go figure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

The difference between the Jets this year and the 2004 Boston Red Sox is the Red Sox knew they still had to win the real World Series after beating the Yankees in the first ever come from behind 0-3 deficit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

This is the best we could hope for - because TWO weeks of Phat rex on ESPN every night wuld have been more than I could bear.

The Packers just need to win the SB - that's all.

The Jets are the "miracle team" - that had no business in this game.  It happens from time to time.

They remind me of the Bucaneers when Doug Williams led them to the NFC championship and then couldn't score.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Re: Steeler Jet game thread:
    [QUOTE]  IMO the jets didnt outplay us ,we just played that bad and the end we only lost by 7 go figure
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

Lippa, we should have run it more, just like Steelers are doing against the same Jesters D strategy - dropping many into coverage.  I think had we done two two blocking tight end sets and given Jesters a steady diet of BJGE we would have won out.

Still, a great pleasure to see Jesters totally evicerated and PhatRex speechless!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

By the way Pats fans, DO NOT miss the 2nd Half.  There will be plenty of sulking on the sidelines by LaDanian Tomlinson

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]Great Feeling 3 points Simms go HOME!
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

i thought the same thing. wat a great feeling 3 points!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Agree with Lippa.  Pats played a bad game last week, and still almost won.  If TB doesn't throw that first interception, and we run the ball more with our three TE's blocking we probably win that game.  I hope TB and the rest of the team remember they could have been playing today, and play much tougher next year.  Go Celtics.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

The Jets blew there load against us, not for nothing but we played 8 games in a row to perfection... We had the stamina to beat the 6 best teams in the NFL. The Jets can't beat a top ranked team 2 weeks in a row.

Yes I credit Rex for beating us with his zone, BUT they played there best game against the best team in the NFL on there worse night all season...

We peaked early they peaked late...

Bottom line they deserve to lose tonight.

No Stamina, No Staying power, PLUS bad things come to bad people.... These blow hards do not deserve to WIN. 

I cannot wait to see what they look like next year with all these marque FA's

Cromartie CB
    Colman CB

Bralon Edwards WR
    Santoio Holmes WR
    Brad Smith WR

Shaun Ellis DE
    Mark Brunnell QB
    Kellen Clemens QB

DAVID HARRIS MLB
    Brodney Pool
    Eric Smith
    James Ihedigbo

bASICALLY IF THEY DO NOT WIN THEY WILL RETURN TO THE BASEMENT OF THE DIVISION.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]By the way Pats fans, DO NOT miss the 2nd Half.  There will be plenty of sulking on the sidelines by LaDanian Tomlinson
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

You know, now that you mention it, I haven't heard LT's number too much this half.  I'm not going to gloat because there's still some game left, but the Jets losing don't thrill me all that much because I can't stand the Steelers.  However, I do like seeing LT whine and if the Jets lose, his whining is inevitable - and that will just make my evening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Jets suk. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice start

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]By the way Pats fans, DO NOT miss the 2nd Half.  There will be plenty of sulking on the sidelines by LaDanian Tomlinson
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Has he even touched the ball tonight?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

i think he touched it once when he lost 4 yrds

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

refs give the jets another break

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Look at that douch3 Holmes acting like he's not down by 21. 

=D

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

why do teams play a different D when they have a big lead?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Steelers need to get 1st downs

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts