Steelers @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Steelers @ Patriots REPORT CARD

TPat, A couple of questions: 1. Could Arrington play some safety in place of the injured Gregory? He seems to do better when the receivers are in front of him, rather than defending with his back to the QB. 2. Fletcher was a defensive end in college. If Nink is out for awhile could Fletcher get some reps there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i love the reports week to week but i have to disagree with the B in rushing. they had 197 yards and Ridley played his best game. Polomalu just made a great play on a broken play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

TPat, A couple of questions: 1. Could Arrington play some safety in place of the injured Gregory? He seems to do better when the receivers are in front of him, rather than defending with his back to the QB. 2. Fletcher was a defensive end in college. If Nink is out for awhile could Fletcher get some reps there?

Arrington has had some success covering slot receivers in nickel or dime packages. But, when left on an island at CB, he's a disaster. He's not big enough or physical enough to play SS in place of Gregory. Maybe some day BB will stop with these second and third round reaches of his, and trade for a guy or sign a guy who can play the position. 

Fletcher could probably play end. But, he'd likely nhave problems stopping the run, when pitted against a huge OT. With the Pats thin at LB after losing Mayo, why play him there? He'll get plenty of reps at ILB or at OLB...though he's better suited to play inside.

Unfortunately, Jamie Collins is not producing. BB got him to play OLB due to his athleticism. It was hoped that he could help in coverage. But, unfortunately, he doesn't appear to be cutting it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

i love the reports week to week but i have to disagree with the B in rushing. they had 197 yards and Ridley played his best game. Polomalu just made a great play on a broken play.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. That fumble nearly cost the Pats this game. If Ridley wants to become a premiere RB, he needs to take better care of the football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

But look at the upside. If we didn't have him, who could we abuse so easily? Nobody else is nearly as dense as him. LMAO

Perhaps, for the reasons you suggest, he was tolerable. But, after over 5 years or so of his idiotic, dogmatic drivel, and his 25 posts per day...we'd all be better off with him gone. The guy steers any legitimate football conversations into referendums on ignorance and stupidity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to SnarkPatrol's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Agree. The Jets need a marwuis matchup at home to win a game.  They love the spotlight.  Immature team. Meanwhile, ours is steady and consistent even through a myriad of injuries.

There's that high IQ you keep telling people about.   I'm sure you slipped and meant to type the "q" instead of the "w", but that would still be incorrect.  Marquee is what you needed.  You probably thought "marquis" was correct.  You know, like your poster of the Marquis de Sade.

I''d prefer to have the editing button, Bustchise.  I would have double checked it and then edited. I was not sure which use was correct. Once I typoed the word itself, there obviously is no way to change it.  And, I know my IQ is much higher than yours.  Not close. You work at a movie theater an rip tickets. I negotiate large business deals. 

Still upset that the Jets being a .500 team this year won't allow you a better draft position to pick up the slack on the Milliner bust pick, huh?

bawahah

After you get banned again, "the marquis" will be a good message board name for you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here's a report card on Steelers after the 55-31 blow-out loss: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/11/04/REPORT-CARD-TODAY-S-TEAM-GRADE-GERRY-DULAC-grades-the-Steelers-effort-Sunday-in-a-loss-against-New-England/stories/201311040136

Sections
Shortcuts