Steelers did the Patriots a favor.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Steelers did the Patriots a favor.

While I agree with you regarding Sanders, we are in the minority and for sure will be shouted down.

I do not agree with Lloyd, I thought he was a fair signing, Pats should have done better with the cap available last year, and not be in the exact same situation this year.

I do not blame Brady as some do on the board when it comes to Lloyd. He is exactly what he was with Denver and the 49'ers. BB should have known(via McD) Lloyd was a WR that was poor YAC, did not struggle for extra yards, and was a strange dude in the locker room..everyone on the board, me included, scratched our heads with the signing, and said Lloyd was not the "open up the back 2/3 rds of the field" from the perimeter.

Just about 1 year ago, there were many who hurt there arms slapping themselves on the back over the Pats free agent signings. Lloyd had a nice season last year, but signing him was a mistake, and the proof is he is no longer here with the team needing WR's.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Lloyd was a mistake signing. The dead money and the curerent lack of depth at the position is proof.

You can go ahead and blame Brady, you always do. The rest of us true fans have eyes, and saw a guy who caught the ball and fell down. And if Brady did not put the ball on the dime 90% of the time, Lloyd did not come down with it. (there were some lay out catches that were few and far between)

I wasnt happy with the signing at the time, I was disappointed in the player during the year, and I am most disappointed we are back in the exact same position this year, except with more dead money

No go ahead and continue to blame Brady while the rest of the board laughs at you and you ruin another thread

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Resign Lloyd and pick up a WR in the second.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Lloyd was a mistake signing.

Yeah.....75 catches for almost 1,000 yards.....he really sucked!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

I'm glad the Steelers decided to keep Sanders in Pitt, they helped the Pats from giving up a third rd pick for another jag WR.  Now hopefully the Pats will figure out how to draft a top WR in the 1st without injuries.  

When is the last time the took a wide receiver in the FIRST round?  Since they became the New England Patriots they have drafted Fryer, Stingley, Morgan, Dykes Lee Hart, and Terry Glenn in the first round . . . all had pretty good careers with the exception of Hart breaking his knee cap that cut short a very promising career.

Better to take a shot with a young stud then give up a third round pick for a one-year-rent a player.

Also think Kenny Stills or Swopes from Texas A&M as pickups in the 3rd round would be better for the team than Lloyd if they do not pick a wide receiver in the first or second rounds.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

the production was acceptable...getting released, absorbing the dead money and being in the same position as last year needing WR's is not acceptable...

the cap space was available last year to fix this...Lloyd was not the fix, because he is not on the team and his dead money is taking space

again, nothing to do with production...but the end result is wasted money and a gaping hole at WR

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The wide receiver position is overrated in my opinion. After all, we won super bowls with Troy Brown, David Patten, Deion Branch and David Givens. The ones we have just need to catch the ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Lloyd was a mistake signing. The dead money and the curerent lack of depth at the position is proof.

You can go ahead and blame Brady, you always do. The rest of us true fans have eyes, and saw a guy who caught the ball and fell down. And if Brady did not put the ball on the dime 90% of the time, Lloyd did not come down with it. (there were some lay out catches that were few and far between)

I wasnt happy with the signing at the time, I was disappointed in the player during the year, and I am most disappointed we are back in the exact same position this year, except with more dead money

No go ahead and continue to blame Brady while the rest of the board laughs at you and you ruin another thread

I am not blaming Brady exclusively.  I disagree with how they've gone about running the offense, and YES, Brady is without question PART OF IT.

Lloyd knew the system, was a clear upgrade over Ocho, but it's become very apparent there is a dynamic of Brady needing to have this circle of trust crap that has actually been more of a detriment to the team because he hasn't been in the mode of balancing out the offens as much during the regular season because he hasn't had to.

Have you ever played sports? Something tells me you haven't. Believe it or not you can develop bad habits as an athlete and sometimes you need people to point that out to you.  Whether or not Tom Martinez had that big of an effect on Brady where his passing or illness has had an impact, who knows.

But, it makes no sense to pretend a cheap Lloyd, as the 3rd passing option putting up 74 receptions in his first year here was somehow a "mistake signing".

You're a sneaky little human being, too. The reason why you are in here trying to sell your garbage is to yet again bash BB by saying is mistake due to Lloyd not morphing into Jerry Rice to cover for another BAD postseason game by Tom Brady.

And, so the "dead money" angle from you can be used again. People here with an IQ over 100 know your game.  Look at your trollish premise. It basically says he was overpaid on the production and the dead money blocked the development of the WRs on the roster in 2012.

Really?  Your agenda here is a joke and so transparent, to the point your agenda premises don't even make sense.  That's how trollish you've become.

What will be funny is if they do resign LLoyd and then go high in the draft, because if they bring in Lloyd and draft a D'Andre Hopkins, here is what the depth chart looks like:

Amendola (line up everywhere, starter at the Z)

LLoyd (starter at the X, but should be moved around in year 2 here)

Edelman (lock, improved every year, solid WR used in slot and outside/back up)

Hopkins (total wildcard as a rookie, big ceiling)

Jenkins (decent vet, catches the ball, camp comp)

Jones (total wildcard, back up, can line up everywhere)

Slater (STs Ace, back up)

Ebert (PS)

Flat out, that's nothing not sneeze at and on paper is an improvement from last year. You'd have to be a moron to look at that on paper tied to what Gronk, Hern and Ballard would mean as options for Brady.  Throw in the RB group and it's even more attractive.

There is something fundamentally wrong with how, since the 2005 move to more shotgun spreads, the ability for a slew of WRs, including borderline HOFer Torry Holt, have trouble adjusting to this.

Brady has high expectartions and Lloyd clearly, VERY CLEARLY was the best FA WR move BB has made since they found Gaffney in October of 2006.

Ironically, Brady is less accurate and consistent to the perimeter of the field and DEEP than he was in 2006.

Brady was a better QB in 2006 than he is now. Yep.   Truth.  Some of it might be age, the injury still sits in the back of his mind, etc, but if I am the coach (BB), the OC, the other offenseive coaches, I am in there practicing with the NEW WRs in FA and the draft on perimeter based routes, 10 yards+ downfield over and over in camp, mostly from under center, until everyone is nailing them, even if blindfolded.

Been a HUGE, huge problem since Brady has overused the shotgun and became spoled with Moss/Welker or then Gronk/Hern/Welker.

He's all but created this stigma that he has to have two Mosses on the outside or he's not going to even look to the X side of the field.

Truth. There's a reason why the X position in particular has been an issue.  He doesn't look there much, mostly because Welker gets open so fast, so he doesn't have to. 

Bad habits are hard to break, but BB is trying to get them to break.

why dont you read and understand what I said. Lloyds production was fine for a 4th option. But he is no longer on the team for a reason, and his dead money is sitting there. As I said, the problem should have been addressed properly last year so that the Pats were not again in the same position.

go look at your list of WR's...meanwhile Lloyd is not here and neither is Hopkins. Jenkins doesnt make the team. Jones missed the last 4 games of last season with a kidney issue. Pats guaranteed zero salary so they dont know either if he will play or not.

I also said keep blaming Brady...we all expect it. meanwhile your love BB blew it last year in free agency, and while this year looks better, due to age these signings are no sure thing

while the draft is deep with WR's, there are no projected sure stars, especially #29 and later. look at last years WR's chosen in the first 2 rounds, which ones had any impact on their teams in year 1?

Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Jenkins, Hill, Alshon, Randle. Thats the type of production you are drafting in rounds 2 or 3, and thats if they can gain Bradys trust.

now go back to blaming Brady, and why dont you admit signing Lloyd was a mistake, based on his no longer being on the team (not the number of catches or yards he had)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I agree about Sanders - I was luke warm on him because of the draft pick. I think BB lost leverage last year when he stripped out the middle of the draft for the first round picks and teams stuck it too him when he tried to trade out of the second round. I suspect he would have been quite good here, but better production than Lloyd? - he would have needed to almost double his last season totals.

I hope they do not use the first round on a receiver unless everyone else has passed on the top couple. Second and third round guys should be pretty good and not more 'guaranteed' of success than whoever they took at the end of the 1st. I think there will be some stud DL and OL guys available there as well as some pretty good DBs and I think that is a better percentage play.

On Lloyd - if there isn't something really wrong there (and reports of the Pats trying to renegotiate with him suggest there wasn't) is a solid option to bring back. For all his supposed faults on the field he produced better numbers than any WR not named Welker or Moss that has played in the last 7 years, maybe 10 years. He had that whopper of a drop early, but I don't remember many more - certainly a smaller percentage than Welker and I think Hern and Gronk. And from my seat, it didn't look like he was screwing up routes or confusing Brady with where he was running.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the production was acceptable...getting released, absorbing the dead money and being in the same position as last year needing WR's is not acceptable...

the cap space was available last year to fix this...Lloyd was not the fix, because he is not on the team and his dead money is taking space

again, nothing to do with production...but the end result is wasted money and a gaping hole at WR

It's not "gaping" at all.   You're clueless.

It's needs to be bolstered, but it's not "gaping". You're just preying on that stupid rhetoric and everything is an extreme doom and gloom analysis from you.

Do you realize, your favorite team the Jets, just resigned Calvin Pace to the vet minimum because they're carrying so much dead money, no cap room, no one wants to go there and he needed a job again?

Do you realize how stupid you sound this whole time praising the Jets for the last 3 years and bashing BB here relentlessly like this?

Your act is old and pathetic. Leave the board.

You lost 2 bets with me, didn't follow the bet parameters on either and are acting like a complete nozzle here on a daily basis. You're a disgrace and annoying everyone here.

the Jets are not my favorite team. too bad you cant see past your insecurities to understand my passion for the PAts

I praised the Jets when they were playing in 2 AFCCCG's...something you are incapable of due to your man love with BB. I have not brought up the Jets any other time in the past 2 years, other than pointing out how they would get under the cap (yet you mention them EVERY DAY)

I won the bet regarding the Jets shedding enough money to get to $20-$30 million under the cap (they were $22m under at one point)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

I agree about Sanders - I was luke warm on him because of the draft pick. I think BB lost leverage last year when he stripped out the middle of the draft for the first round picks and teams stuck it too him when he tried to trade out of the second round. I suspect he would have been quite good here, but better production than Lloyd? - he would have needed to almost double his last season totals.

I hope they do not use the first round on a receiver unless everyone else has passed on the top couple. Second and third round guys should be pretty good and not more 'guaranteed' of success than whoever they took at the end of the 1st. I think there will be some stud DL and OL guys available there as well as some pretty good DBs and I think that is a better percentage play.

On Lloyd - if there isn't something really wrong there (and reports of the Pats trying to renegotiate with him suggest there wasn't) is a solid option to bring back. For all his supposed faults on the field he produced better numbers than any WR not named Welker or Moss that has played in the last 7 years, maybe 10 years. He had that whopper of a drop early, but I don't remember many more - certainly a smaller percentage than Welker and I think Hern and Gronk. And from my seat, it didn't look like he was screwing up routes or confusing Brady with where he was running.

it seems the balance between aggravation and performance with Lloyd has been weighted more so towards aggravation, and his performance didn't warrant the aggravation. HAsnt he worn out his welcome with every other team he has been with? San Fran, Wash, Chi, Denver, Stl, NE. Do you see any other teams knocking his door down to sign him? Shouldnt the lowly/salary cap hell Jets be after him? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Kind of torn on how I feel about Lloyd...I thought he was an average signing, average/slightly above average player...and I think both the signing and the player turned out to be more than we've come to expect from off season moves of late. Typical of us he was a low risk move, that turned into a one year rental that we have to replace (see - Carter, Waters, Anderson)...these are the best free agents we've signed over the last five years by far. I think this approach is getting old and it does little to improve the team moving forward - it puts a lot of pressure on your QB to win games too. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

maybe, but i liked the idea of sanders in a pats uniform....hopefully you are right and it doesnt end up hurting the pats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'd rather they bring back Randy Moss over Brandon Lloyd, at least Moss has some speed to him. Lloyd was a super-average WR, we can do better. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Agree on Sanders, not on Lloyd. I'm hoping for Dobson in the 2nd.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

agreed until u said to bring lloyd back. We need fewer finesse players

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It's not "gaping" at all.   You're clueless.

It's needs to be bolstered, but it's not "gaping". You're just preying on that stupid rhetoric and everything is an extreme doom and gloom analysis from you.

Do you realize, your favorite team the Jets, just resigned Calvin Pace to the vet minimum because they're carrying so much dead money, no cap room, no one wants to go there and he needed a job again?

Do you realize how stupid you sound this whole time praising the Jets for the last 3 years and bashing BB here relentlessly like this?

Your act is old and pathetic. Leave the board.

You lost 2 bets with me, didn't follow the bet parameters on either and are acting like a complete nozzle here on a daily basis. You're a disgrace and annoying everyone here.

Gaping or however you want to classify it, it still is a big issue.

I agree with rkarp on two things here

1. The misstep on Lloyd, the dead money and how we are back trying to fill a need at WR that we have been trying to fill for some time. Kind of reminds me of our cb carousel.

2. His characterization of the wr's that are on the roster currently. Not a lethal group by any stretch, and one that has proven to have durability concerns , yes, I agree IF the te's and IF the rb's stay healthy that mitigates the exposure somewhat, but this group has its share of durability concerns as well. 

we need a cant miss WR in the draft. Even then, he needs to step up and get on the same page as Brady and learn the offense seamlessly. Lloyd can help mitigate this risk as well, and I think needs to be resigned. Lots of ifs and ??? Here....that doesn't concern you?