Steelers Done

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Steelers Done

This doesn't mean they're done. This is no different than what happened between 08-10 for the Patriots. It's going to be a major overhaul. They'll go through some more mediocre years...but they'll probably be back in 2-3 seasons. Big drafts coming up for Pitt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Warnings were out...Yep. We'll see how jealous some of our BB bashing fans are here of what Kevin Colbert has done in Pitt.

Balt is next. Pitt and Balt will be vying back and forth with who can recover the fastest.

It's a long way down:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8850437/pittsburgh-steelers-major-player-changes-kevin-colbert-says

wouldnt surprise me if the Stellers are 10-6 and 11-5 next year given health to BenR.

Since when do you read and agree with that rag ESPN?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Warnings were out...Yep. We'll see how jealous some of our BB bashing fans are here of what Kevin Colbert has done in Pitt.

Balt is next. Pitt and Balt will be vying back and forth with who can recover the fastest.

It's a long way down:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8850437/pittsburgh-steelers-major-player-changes-kevin-colbert-says

wouldnt surprise me if the Stellers are 10-6 and 11-5 next year given health to BenR.

Serious question: Did you attend college?

Yes. Tufts Undergrad. Harvard MBA. Did you?

You are the one always killing ESPN sayting they are a bunch of hacks? Now you are quoting and agreeing...wow, you change with the wind, dont you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

the steelers will have to rebuild around their qb just like the patriots have had to.. belichick doesn't get enough credit imo for the terrific job that he's done rebuilding this team while remaining as one of the elite. 2010 and 2011 have been rebuilding years and they went 27-5 while going to the super bowl once.  brady is great of course but he has to have a team around him or it doesn't matter. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Steelers have to rebuild their O Line or Rothlesburger gets killed....again. They also have to partially rebuild their LB corps ( Woodley excepted), Troy P looks like Bob Sanders revisited. Ozzie's real test as GM is replacing Lewis and Reed, two HOF players IMHO.  T sizzLe could be gone in two years as well. Is Flacco in a contract year? I would not say the Steelers are done only because the primary competition is losing two of their best players, but if they don,t draft well over the next two years they could be in some trouble. Decastro got injured think ? We will see if the bungles and Andy Evil Ging get do anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think the key is Dick Lebeau.    He's made really good D's out of old nd mediocre players before. When he goes so does their D.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It's a long way down:

You are the one always killing ESPN sayting they are a bunch of hacks? Now you are quoting and agreeing...wow, you change with the wind, dont you?

LMAO!!!! You just asked why I read ESPN, when it's an AP article, and you're claiming you went to Tufts and have an MBA from Harvard???!!

Tears!

There is no way on earth anyone will believe that here.   You shoud have lied and said something a little less obvious like that kid on here that time who claimed he attends BC, he was caught lying, and then admitted he was lying. At least BC would be somewhat believable, but still really not.

You are on here telling us the Jets GM role is a "dream job" and they have no cap problems and you are also now claiming you went to Tufts and have an MBA from Harvard???

Really? This is how pathetic you want to look here?

And yes, of course I did. I told you and guided you around Chapel Hill, dumbo. Do the math.

How can you be this dumb and then try to assume this superior knowledge over people here? How many more times do I have to catch you in a lie?

Hey, is Mike Lombardi still mulling over the Jets GM offer?  You're as naive as anyone here and you have ZERO business acumen whatsoever.

dude...reading these posts on a daily basis it seems your the one who looks the most pathetic.

Lombardi has nothing to mull...he shot for the moon and told "no interest" at that cost

Explain to me again how the Jets wont be $15 mil under the cap?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It's a long way down:

LMAO!!!! You just asked why I read ESPN, when it's an AP article, and you're claiming you went to Tufts and have an MBA from Harvard???!!

Tears!

There is no way on earth anyone will believe that here.   You shoud have lied and said something a little less obvious like that kid on here that time who claimed he attends BC, he was caught lying, and then admitted he was lying. At least BC would be somewhat believable, but still really not.

You are on here telling us the Jets GM role is a "dream job" and they have no cap problems and you are also now claiming you went to Tufts and have an MBA from Harvard???

And yes, of course I did. I told you and guided you around Chapel Hill, dumbo. Do the math.

How can you be this dumb and then try to assume this superior knowledge over people here? How many more times do I have to catch you in a lie?

Hey, is Mike Lombardi still mulling over the Jets GM offer?  You're as naive as anyone here and you have ZERO business acumen whatsoever.

dude...reading these posts on a daily basis it seems your the one who looks the most pathetic.

Lombardi has nothing to mull...he shot for the moon and told "no interest" at that cost

Liar.  You specifically said I would be "shocked" and that they offered the job to him

they interviewed him and didnt get past first base due to cost

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It's a long way down:

Tears!

Liar.  You specifically said I would be "shocked" and that they offered the job to him

they interviewed him and didnt get past first base due to cost

Not what you said. You said he was offered the job.  There was no way on god's green earth he was talking that job. No one is.

Their down to two hacks and Jerry Angelo for crying out loud.

Translation? Your claim it was a "dream job" is absolutely false. No one wants the job you idiot!

does "no one wants the job" include the 14 people interviwed so far including the 7 people interviewed twice? I wonder why 7 people came back for interviews if they dont want the job? This includes management from San Fran, Seattle, Denver, Pitts and Atl...wonder why these "no ones" would leave these great cities and play off teams to work for the Jets in NY?  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Genius, 14 guys want the job, and countless others. You said no one would want to work there. Regardless of salary, obviously many do. These guys are not trying to take the job for the $$$. They want the job of fixing the Jets, they want to work in the sports capitol of the US and they want the opportunity to be the decision maker.

2 in 10 would shy away from the job, as they would not operate well in the big city...but it is a very desireable position. Might take some time, but the job is plum for the right person (thats not to say Woody hires the right person)