Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned

After last night's game, I'd actually say that the Steelers are more vulnerable than the Titans.

I just think the Titans played very very good D against Pitt and Rothlisberger kept finding spots in the pocket for a couple of extra seconds in order to find receivers.  

I think Chris Johnson looked very good for the Titans. 

As a colts fan, I am a little concerned and very happy that the steelers won.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned:
    [QUOTE]I think both teams (Pittsburgh and Tennessee) are playoff caliber. Two of the best defenses, thus the low score. Missing two FGs was a freak situation (though wasn't one of them blocked?), and I doubt we'll see that happen again this season. Heinz Field is about the hardest place to kick a FG, though. But once again the Steelers came through in the clutch. People can claim Ben is a "mediocre" QB all they like. But though he doesn't put up Manning or Rivers-like numbers, he gets it done in the crunch. He actually did it twice last night, due to Ward's fumble. I'd still put him behind Brady and Manning, but not by much. Of course, if he keeps taking that many hits it's going to catch up to him. He won't be playing (or maybe even walking easily) at Favre's age if that's the case! But the guy is a winner, he simply gets it done at the end of the game. Can they win it all "by the skin of their teeth" again like last season? I don't know. That's a hard thing to do. Also, anyone who thinks Polamalu is overrated needs to sit down and actually WATCH this guy play! IMO, he is as good as Ed Reed. I would LOVE to see him in NE! He is always around the ball on just about every play. He can catch like Moss and hit like Rodney. I'm sure if you asked 31 OCs the one player they absolutely hate to gameplan against and he'd be in the top three. Like it or not, the Steelers are the reigning champs, and if our Patriots want to get to SB44 they will probably have to go through them to do it. But I wouldn't count the Titans out yet, either. Pittsburgh will surely miss Polamalu, but his loss won't cripple the team.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what people are watching when they say Polamalu is overrated, either. Did you see that fill he made on the running back inside the 10? He covered 15 yards to trip him up for no gain. Yeah, it is his responsibility, but it was just so damned quick. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Next to Tom Brady Big Ben is the best QB in the NFL. He does not have the stats of a Manning but Manning couldnt win two super bowls in 3 years if you paid him to......ok so they do pay him to do that but you get my point. Big Ben just wins games which can not be ignored.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned : If I had a nickel for everytime this comment was thrown out, I'd be rich.  Brady has had very good receivers and TE's who played very effectively within the pats system.  He's had good pass catching RB's, as well.  I'll say it always.  Brady is now a top 2 QB.  But he wasn't early - that was the same with Manning.  The defense is the primary reason the pats won their 3 super bowls.  Comparing to the golf saying:  Drive for show; putt for dough.  The offense is the drive and the defense is the putt. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

You keep telling yourself that underdogg. The defense was great under BB and no doubt contributed to the superbowl wins, however it is widely recognized with BB and the rest of the football nation that the Patriots do not win there superbowls without Tom Brady as the QB. People like you with obvious hatred for the Patriots and the winning way, always say things like -Brady is top 2(2 hilarious) but wasn't before. Do not confuse Mannings meaningless #'s with being a great QB. Tom Brady is the best QB in the league because he is the most clutch QB in the league. Peyton is not! You always hear people saying that Brady never had great offensive weapons because it is the truth. Our 2000 offense was terrible with Bledsoe one of the biggest arms in the league. Brady made that team champions. Do not attempt to include him as the top 2 qbs in the league. There is Tom Brady and then there is the best of the rest!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BriMar611. Show BriMar611's posts

Are you serious.  The Steelers barely won the Suprbowl last year.  That doesn't matter. They won and thats that.  Rothlisberger threw for 17 TD's and 15 INT's.  Is that what you call an elite QB?  WOW..he stinks!

[QUOTE]In Response to Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned :      Every team has problems. The Steelers had the exact same problems that you correctly mentioned above last year, yet won it all. Like the Patriots, the Steelers have morphed into a passing team. They have an elite QB, and an elite defense.        Of course, injuries can dramatically change the fortunes of a team. But, the Goths have survived without Polamalu before, as they are 6-2 in games played without him. Short of a serious injury to Big Ben (which could happen due to the Steelers' mediocre at best OL), theres' no way that the Baltimore Ravens beat the Goths out in the AFC North.      Take a look at the Ravens' weaknesses. Joe Flacco is a good young QB...but he's no Ben Roethlisberger. While Ben has WRs like Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes, Flacco has 35 year old Derrick Mason, and not much else. The Ravens have a better OL than the Goths, and better RBs.      On defense, both teams are top notch...though one has to wonder how effective 34 year old MLB Ray Lewis will continue to be...and how the loss of LB Bart Scott affects them.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned : I am not sure what people are watching when they say Polamalu is overrated, either. Did you see that fill he made on the running back inside the 10? He covered 15 yards to trip him up for no gain. Yeah, it is his responsibility, but it was just so damned quick.   
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Polamalu was easily the best player on the field last night. I almost thought he had made every play for the D! That hit on Chris J in the backfield says it all. The guy can cover almost anybody in the secondary and play at the line of scrimmage as good as most. Steelers will miss him big!

After the final drive in the superbowl last year I think it is safe to say Ben has developed a lot of confidence and as Pats fans that should concern us. I will say that I think he thinks he is invincible and the Titans were killing him with the blitz last night until Fisher gave it up in favor of prevent D. Terrible coaching, a 3 man rush and let Ben take 5 seconds to find a receiver! Ben has come a long way since his 16 qb rating in the 05 superbowl but he is still prone to making mistakes and holds the ball too long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BriMar611. Show BriMar611's posts

Rothlisberger's 2008 numbers:  17 TD's and 15 INT'S.  Definately no elite QB.  Lucky he had time and a great catch by Santana otherwise the Cardinals are champs.  PATS will rule this year.  I don't think any other team could have done what we did with an inexperienced back QB last year.  Steelers have no run game.  Their bread and butter!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

This game didn't exactly lead me to thinking Pitt is really a 'better' team than Tenn... again, interesting, because I generally completely side with the team that has the better QB in cases where it is close otherwise ( in this case Big Ben />> Collins). Oddly enough, I think the Steelers have a favorable schedule for a really strong record even without Troy for a few weeks (can they possibly go worse than 12-4 now baring other injury?).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

Leon, is it true that you played football?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ill take that bet of yours that brady wont go past the third week, if you lose, you cant post on here anymore.

Whats the ol' saying...40 years and counting....Cant wait till week 2 when the patriots stomp a mud hole on the jest....hey is it true that rex ryan needs a zip code for his whale belly?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers Fans Should Be VERY Concerned : If I had a nickel for everytime this comment was thrown out, I'd be rich.  Brady has had very good receivers and TE's who played very effectively within the pats system.  He's had good pass catching RB's, as well.  I'll say it always.  Brady is now a top 2 QB.  But he wasn't early - that was the same with Manning.  The defense is the primary reason the pats won their 3 super bowls.  Comparing to the golf saying:  Drive for show; putt for dough.  The offense is the drive and the defense is the putt. 

The Pats have never had a number 1 caliber WR with Brady here until we got Randy Moss and Welker. These are all the guys Brady had before then and their rating if you wanna be real about it.

Branch- Very Good WR but not a true 1 by any means and more like a Great Number 2 in his prime. More like a number 2 WR in his prime before injuries.

Givens- Solid Number 2 WR tops and wouldn't have been as good without having a great QB. Did nothing on Titans but injuries played a role into that.

Stallworth- Very Good Number 2 WR but is soft always getting hurt. He thinks he's a number 1 and wants to be paid like one but he isn't clutch and doesn't consistently beat good CB's. He played one year when Moss and Welker came so he doesn't really count.

Jabar Gaffney-Nothing more than a number 3 in the slot . There was a reason he was a free agent in the middle of the season when he signed here.

Reche Caldwell- He is absolutely terrible and was nothing more than a slot WR and really shouldn't have been even that. Yes he had 60 something catches but that was all Brady making him into something and the fact that the Pats had noone to throw to that year.

Troy Brown- He was a good number 1 WR in his prime with Bledsoe but by the time Brady took over he was more like a solid number 2 and 3 by the end of his career since his age really began to show. This guy was a beast in his prime breaking tackles for a small WR.

For TE's Wiggins would have graded as pretty good while on the Pats. Graham was suppose to be a very good receiver coming out but inconsistent hands hurt him as well as Watson.

They also had Faulk which is a Great Receiving Back. 

So when you really look at the guys that they had you'll see they had no true number 1 WR till Moss came and played a couple number 2's for a short time while being stuck with Reche Caldwell being a number 1 WR one year. The fact that Brady had good numbers with Caldwell as a number 1 one season shows that he's the top QB in the NFL.

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone but chances are I may have confused them with being in Bledsoe's era like Terry Glenn so I didn't count him.

Also wanna add something about Polomalu being overatted. Whoever posted that garbage has no clue about football whatsoever and should be banned from this forum for having a zero IQ on football. You clearly watch no football or are the biggest drunk Homer fan that thinks only the Pats have good players in the league. It's dumb comments like that that have guys like Leon posting in here making fun of Pats Fans. You probably think James Sanders is a Pro Bowl SS. You'd clearly see Polomalu blow up plays every week for the Steelers if you watched more games than just Pats games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

A couple of the posters were dead-on when they said the Steelers running game was terrible! With Tom Brady returning, the only way I thought the Steelers could hang with the Patriots, was to keep him off the field as much as possible. But without a strong running game, and the way the Steelers offense always seems to start out slow, in my opinion, the Patriots will beat the Steelers whether the game's in Pittsburgh or New England. Not only the Patriots, but also the Indy Colts. Brady & Manning are both in a league of their own. Ben plays at his best when the Steelers go to a 'no huddle' offense, but the Steelers still think its the 70's and that they are dead-set on running the ball. Anymore, a 3 yard pick-up is a long run for our team!
    A few times last year they went with the 'No huddle' offense, (after the debacle in Philly when Ben got sack on almost every other play) and Ben played really well. But sooner or later, their lucks going to run out if they continue to be so inconsistent on offense for three quarters, and then drive down the field in the waning minutes to win their games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE] A couple of the posters were dead-on when they said the Steelers running game was terrible! With Tom Brady returning, the only way I thought the Steelers could hang with the Patriots, was to keep him off the field as much as possible. But without a strong running game, and the way the Steelers offense always seems to start out slow, in my opinion, the Patriots will beat the Steelers whether the game's in Pittsburgh or New England. Not only the Patriots, but also the Indy Colts. Brady & Manning are both in a league of their own. Ben plays at his best when the Steelers go to a 'no huddle' offense, but the Steelers still think its the 70's and that they are dead-set on running the ball. Anymore, a 3 yard pick-up is a long run for our team! A few times last year they went with the 'No huddle' offense, (after the debacle in Philly when Ben got sack on almost every other play) and Ben played really well. But sooner or later, their lucks going to run out if they continue to be so inconsistent on offense for three quarters, and then drive down the field in the waning minutes to win their games.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

I have to say that every game that went down to the wire last year I kept thinking the same thing - Ben's luck has got to run out some time. But it hasn't. The man just keeps them in there until the final drive. I was frustrated by it last year, but this year I am just going to watch and shake my head in amazement.

Hopefully, our teams will meet in the playoffs. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I am wondering why a poll like the one in sporting news with objective people (not homers like us) picked manning over brady if all of you are right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]I am wondering why a poll like the one in sporting news with objective people (not homers like us) picked manning over brady if all of you are right?

If the choice is between a healthy Manning and Brady with a serious knee injury, it's close but I suppose even New England fans would admit that Manning was a better quarterback than Brady last year, at least after the first eight minutes of the season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Big Ben is McNabb with a better defense. He's a slow starter who bounces or overthrows receivers in the beginning of games before finding any kind of groove. He overestimates his ability to make plays. The fact that he took a 17 yard sack and took the team out of FG range was a huge tactical error in a close game (but Collinsworth was too busy blowing kisses to make a single mention of it). Clearly Ben is on the rise, but labeling him elite is truly an insult to the only two elite QBs (Brady and Manning).