Steelers getting pushed around

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Steelers getting pushed around

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

They're in serious trouble and I don't think Ziggy Hood is as good as Casey Hampton. More cuts to come post-draft which will hurt their depth.

Balitmore might make the postseason, but Pitt won't.

you said 4 weeks ago that the Ravens were in serious trouble and wouldnt make the playoffs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't like the Steelers, I've been rooting against them for over a decade. They have had some players over the last ten years that you just love to root against...Ward, Rothlisburgher, etc. I couldn't stand Cowher when he was there either (with that mean chin he liked to stick out at his players and the ref). When Kordell Stewart was there they may of been one of the most arrogant teams in the NFL and they really haven't changed much. I can remember Kordell saying how he was going to give Tom Brady some pointers after the season (the one where we beat them to go to the Super Bowl)...a year later the guy was out of the league.

But I'll say this - they have a quarterback - quarterbacks will win you some games (at least very good quarterbacks). There have been exceptions, but for the most part if you have that QB you will always have a chance. On the other hand, if you don't have that QB it doesn't matter how many solid players you sign, how many good guys you draft, how balanced your books are...there's a very good chance you will end up no better than 500.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

at the end of the day, the Steelers are still going to have a tough, aggressive defense. They will have running back by commitee that will try and pound the ball behind a big Oline. They are well coached and disciplined. Tough division as the Browns can only improve. Ravens will still be very tough. (not of fan of Cinnci) The Steelers making the playoffs will come down to BenR and Polomalu staying healthy.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

They're in serious trouble and I don't think Ziggy Hood is as good as Casey Hampton. More cuts to come post-draft which will hurt their depth.

Balitmore might make the postseason, but Pitt won't.

you said 4 weeks ago that the Ravens were in serious trouble and wouldnt make the playoffs

That's correct.   I think the 2 wildcard come elsewhere. I think Cincy wins the division at 11-5 or 10-6, Balt at 9-7 and maybe even Cleveland in 3rd at an 8-8 type of thing.

Pitt is old, thin and their depth is completely depleted. Maybe they have a great draft and they can sustain. We'll see. I haven't seen much talent from their drafts in recent years, and if they have had hits, those players didn't get a 2nd contract or are overrated (Ziggy Hood).

Their O Line is a total mess.

Yeah, Balt won't be as good. Yes.  They were struggling down the stretch last year before Ray Ray announced he would retire.

They won't have that to channel this year. And, they have a target on their back.

so then why say, "Balitmore might make the postseason, but Pitt won't."

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Umm, because I think Baltimore will be better next year with the better odds to do so?

Are you this dumb?

9-7 from Balt might get them a wildcard, but I don't think it will. 

The best part of your agenda is how you overrate everything an AFC rival team does and completely underrate everything BB does here as a GM.

Williamson, that former scout over at ESPN, feels Denver and NE are clearly the elite of the AFC. 

He didn't mention Baltimore or Pitt.  THere's a reason for that. I'd slightly disagree with Denver's D being as strong as ours, but that's another discussion.

I would rate NE as a strong favorite to be the class of the AFC.

I do not under rate anything BB does as GM of the Pats, other than his Free Agency philosophy. Even then so, I have commended the resigning of Vollmer, Edelman, Cole, FLetcher. I like the Kelly signing, if he is limited to 30% of the snaps (there about). I like Jones, but major question on his illness. I think Wilson is too old. I think they offered Hooma too much money. I thought they offered Sanders too little money if they wanted him, but I am glad they did not sign him.

I have clearly stated last years foray into Free Agency was a disaster.

I have commended BB regarding the draft.

I have continuously said BB was the best coach in the league.

In your puny little mind because I did not agree with the Wilson signing, or drool over Kelly, I under rate BB?

Meanwhile out of one side of your mouth you say Baltimore will make the postseason, and on the other side you say Cinnci will win the division, and the wild card will come from other divisions. And you daily denigrate Brady and daily post about the Jets...so who is the troll?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The fact you aren't enjoying the Jets disaster, as you downplay it, essentially means you are a troll.

I don't know any legit Pats fan that isn't enjoying their situation right now.  You, meanwhile, have downplayed the whole thing, all along the way, acting like nothing happened AFTER you were glowing about what they were doing from 2009-2011 and even into the start of this year. LOL

This is your problem.  This is why YOU, in particular, stick out like a sore thumb. And, if you think I am alone here in this opinion, you're wrong.

As for your opinions on BB's moves as a GM, you're clueless and also hold him to an irrational standard.  Everyone sees it. What's sad is, you have people aren't far off in their irrational standard of they view BB.  Some people actually believe the garbage and use your barometer of irrational analysis.

You lead the charge, and your buddies fall in line, admittedly a bit behind you.

NE is in the AFC title game almost every year, yet you want to blame BB for not hitting homeruns on one year's FA period or a draft. Ironically, you hang onto his supposed awful 2012 FA period, but what about his draft?   His draft looks pretty good to me, but that isn't good enough for you. 

THERE IS NO ONE GM IN THIS LEAGUE WHO USES FA AND THE DRAFT BETTER, IN CONJUNCTION, than BB.

PERIOD.

You have to see  homerun FA periods and drafts EVERY YEAR for BB to be ok in your eyes. THat's absoutely SICK and childish.

You're approx 50 years old and have this view on analyzing these topics, which means you aren't very bright or rational.  Either way, that's a bad combination and I am wondering what your current employer would think of your behavior, to boot.

We didn't lose in the AFC title game because of Steve Gregory or Brandon Lloyd being signed last year. Trust me.

Trust me.

I'll leave it at that because you know what my next portion will be about here.

Gee let me guess Tom Brady.

They did not lose the AFC title game because they signed Gregory and Lloyd. No one argues that point. The point is could they have won if they reached a little more and signed Reggie Wayne or Marques Colston?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I love how a guy that makes excuses over free agent signings has no problem with calling out a QB that makes maybe two bad plays for every 50 times he handles the ball. It's perfectly fine that we sign Joseph Addai who can't run 30 yards before quiting. It's fine and dandy when we sign a defensive tackle that we sorely need for our inside pass rush, who practices for two weeks before leaving the area with knee inflamation and a mental meltdown. It's business as usual when we sign our 100th safety over the last five years and shows he has less speed and athleticism than the guy selling hotdogs. It's acceptable when we draft a corner at the top of the second round who gets injured during his on campus workout for scouts - and then proceeds to play 15 minutes for US before getting injured for two years.

This stuff is just fine, but heaven forbid if bad/evil Tom Brady throws a bad pass.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The fact you aren't enjoying the Jets disaster, as you downplay it, essentially means you are a troll.

I don't know any legit Pats fan that isn't enjoying their situation right now.  You, meanwhile, have downplayed the whole thing, all along the way, acting like nothing happened AFTER you were glowing about what they were doing from 2009-2011 and even into the start of this year. LOL

This is your problem.  This is why YOU, in particular, stick out like a sore thumb. And, if you think I am alone here in this opinion, you're wrong.

As for your opinions on BB's moves as a GM, you're clueless and also hold him to an irrational standard.  Everyone sees it. What's sad is, you have people aren't far off in their irrational standard of they view BB.  Some people actually believe the garbage and use your barometer of irrational analysis.

You lead the charge, and your buddies fall in line, admittedly a bit behind you.

NE is in the AFC title game almost every year, yet you want to blame BB for not hitting homeruns on one year's FA period or a draft. Ironically, you hang onto his supposed awful 2012 FA period, but what about his draft?   His draft looks pretty good to me, but that isn't good enough for you. 

THERE IS NO ONE GM IN THIS LEAGUE WHO USES FA AND THE DRAFT BETTER, IN CONJUNCTION, than BB.

PERIOD.

You have to see  homerun FA periods and drafts EVERY YEAR for BB to be ok in your eyes. THat's absoutely SICK and childish.

You're approx 50 years old and have this view on analyzing these topics, which means you aren't very bright or rational.  Either way, that's a bad combination and I am wondering what your current employer would think of your behavior, to boot.

We didn't lose in the AFC title game because of Steve Gregory or Brandon Lloyd being signed last year. Trust me.

Trust me.

They did not lose the AFC title game because they signed Gregory and Lloyd. No one argues that point. The point is could they have won if they reached a little more and signed Reggie Wayne or Marques Colston?

That's a contradiction. See, you don't even realize it.  Reggie Wayne preferred to stay in INdy due to loyalty.

NOs wanted to bring back Colston, obviously, so you want BB to get into that specific player and overpay as opposed to getting Lloyd, well under market and get 74 receptions 4 TDS and 900 yards on a really good offense?

The name on the jersey isn't the issue. There is no guarantee whatsoever that if it was Wayne or Colston out there over Lloyd, that we get to the SB or win it last year.

This is how dumb you are. You think that you know more than BB, know WHY BB would be interested in which players and what transpires behind the scenes.

You and the media like to lean on "Kraft is cheap" and all this crap, which is what trolls like your buddy Gunty attaches himself to now here.

How does it feel to know trolls who are jealous of our consistency as a franchise align with you?

You're a horrible Pats fan and a complete phony.

so says the guy who has never been to a game to the guy who is a season ticket holder.

I might have agreed with you if Lloyd was on the team this year. But he isnt, and there is the sunk cost of that move. The writing should have been on the wall as Lloyd wore out his welcome in 6 other cities.

If Gregory was any good, there would not be a need for Wilson. If Talib was not a head case, there would not be a need to draft a CB for insurance.

I have never in my life used the word "cheap", never mind when it has to do with the PAts. I abhor that word. That Pats (BB) have a philosophy of assigning value to a position and player, and will NEVER cross those lines. I find this rigidness often costs the team, which infuriates me.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

You over-dramatize it to sell your agenda here. Trust me when I tell you there are people reading this right now who aren't even chiming in, because they agree with me, and not with you.

You have like 5 Irrationals and will get 2 Trolls to stand beside you and that's it.

Wow! you are one sick chick.

Will everyone sitting at home or work, reading this, and staying silent because they agree with crusty, please chime in.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Funny, I don't see any one chiming in.

RUSTY ZERO!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

PERIOD.

Trust me.

That's a contradiction. See, you don't even realize it.  Reggie Wayne preferred to stay in INdy due to loyalty.

NOs wanted to bring back Colston, obviously, so you want BB to get into that specific player and overpay as opposed to getting Lloyd, well under market and get 74 receptions 4 TDS and 900 yards on a really good offense?

The name on the jersey isn't the issue. There is no guarantee whatsoever that if it was Wayne or Colston out there over Lloyd, that we get to the SB or win it last year.

This is how dumb you are. You think that you know more than BB, know WHY BB would be interested in which players and what transpires behind the scenes.

You and the media like to lean on "Kraft is cheap" and all this crap, which is what trolls like your buddy Gunty attaches himself to now here.

How does it feel to know trolls who are jealous of our consistency as a franchise align with you?

so says the guy who has never been to a game to the guy who is a season ticket holder.

I might have agreed with you if Lloyd was on the team this year. But he isnt, and there is the sunk cost of that move. The writing should have been on the wall as Lloyd wore out his welcome in 6 other cities.

If Gregory was any good, there would not be a need for Wilson. If Talib was not a head case, there would not be a need to draft a CB for insurance.

I have never in my life used the word "cheap", never mind when it has to do with the PAts. I abhor that word. That Pats (BB) have a philosophy of assigning value to a position and player, and will NEVER cross those lines. I find this rigidness often costs the team, which infuriates me.

What? Never been to a game? Moron, I grew up going to games. Uncles with season tickets. They were just at the season ticket event 2 weeks ago on the field throwing footballs with the cheerleaders. Yep.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I've been to many classsic games, but it was mostly pre 2001. I went to college, graduated, moved to Chicago, so yeah, I didn't have the opps liked I used to. I try to get up there for 1 game per year.

It depends on my schedule.

I was the first MNF game in October of 1995, since the debacle in 1981.  I was AT the 1996 AFC title game and it was arguably the best live sporting experience I've ever had and that includes at least 50 Sox games and as many Bruins games (if not more).

So, don't lecture me about loyalty, moron. It's creepy you pay for season tickets and don't even appreciate it or appreeciate Kraft and his hiring of BB, which led to drafting Brady!

Meanwhile, you warn us about the Jets the last few years, bash BB constantly and gloss over Brady's suspect postseason performances.

See, I am not a fraud like you. That's the difference.

And, your last paragraph mirrors Tony "Out Of Breath" Mazz. That moron too, shares your view.   What BB does with the market, running numbers, allocating salaries, is so far above your brain and Tony Mazz's, you mock it.

Tony Mazz says "it's always about the deal with them".  No kidding!  It should be!  It's a business and there is a cap! 

But, you and he are the same phonies who watch BB go out and get Adalius Thomas and then bash him for years afterwards when he did that.

You can't have it both ways, becase it makes you look like a phony.  And, if he didn't nail his 2012 draft, which it sort of appears that he did again (Jones, Hightower, Dennard, etc), then maybe the less than great moves of  Lloyd or Gregory, might be seen as bad as you feel it is.

It just isn't.

You over-dramatize it to sell your agenda here. Trust me when I tell you there are people reading this right now who aren't even chiming in, because they agree with me, and not with you.

You have like 5 Irrationals and will get 2 Trolls to stand beside you and that's it.

Lastly, when you say something like "If Gregory was so good, there'd be no need for Wilson" an then turn around and say something like "BB doesn't have enough in the secondary, why isn't he signing someone like Antoine Winfield", you look like a hypocrite.

You always have some kind of a tag attached to what he does. It's why you looked embarrased warning us about Arrington's potential "7 mil per" based on Buffalo being morons paying McKelvin that kind of money.

Or, Talib being paid 5 million and then framing it as "no one wanted him" because BB is too cheap. That's the inference.  The financial discipline and general brilliance, especially of late, is WHY we are able to say every year "12-4, 13-3 or 14-2". Who else can do that? Answer?!! No organization!

And, it's not JUST because of Brady either.  Brady played around talented players in 2004 and he played around them in 2012. The difference is, the young kids on D don't have the ring on the finger (yet) for you to allow them into this exclusive jusitifcation club you've created in that little brain of yours. You see Brady on the field and think it's 2004, when many of us BB had to teambuild like he just did for it to work right.

Don't lie. We've seen your game here. It's too late.

I would find a few 9 and 10 wins seasons acceptable along with a few more SB wins.

I never mentioned Winfield...I am on the age agenda, remember?

Talib signed for $5M, if someone offered him $5.1M he would have taken it and walked away from here.

I did post that Rodak said Arrington 4/$20, never $7M per. ( I never said anything, Rodak did)

I understand and agree with the philosophy. The words Mario Williams have never come out of my mouth. I do question some of the decisions within the philosophy. Thats the fun of being a fan...

I fail to see the difference bewteen my disagreement with the Pats signing some free agents (not all) and your distaste for Brady? I think most of the board would say you go much farther over board than I 

My

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

And, right on cue, out of concern comes a RKarp ally, Gladys Pezzy!

Oh welcome, Gladys!

lmao

Poor Pezzy saw RKrap being abused in a debate and he races in to try to deflect.  Classic. Won't work, however.

Rusty -  182

RKrap - 0

Deflect?  I commented on your quoted statement.

Crusty=ZERO

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

RUSTY ZERO!

Oh, but you assured us, many were not chiming in because they agree with you.

Now that no one has, you don't need them.

You need them and much more, thus your multiple accounts and multiple bannings.

Hey, how was it watching Gomer and Welker, Saturday at Duke?  Any pictures?

Any one who takes you seriously, should never again.  Proof positive of your lies.

They don't call you the WHOPPER King for nothing.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

PERIOD.

Trust me.

What? Never been to a game? Moron, I grew up going to games. Uncles with season tickets. They were just at the season ticket event 2 weeks ago on the field throwing footballs with the cheerleaders. Yep.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I've been to many classsic games, but it was mostly pre 2001. I went to college, graduated, moved to Chicago, so yeah, I didn't have the opps liked I used to. I try to get up there for 1 game per year.

It depends on my schedule.

I was the first MNF game in October of 1995, since the debacle in 1981.  I was AT the 1996 AFC title game and it was arguably the best live sporting experience I've ever had and that includes at least 50 Sox games and as many Bruins games (if not more).

So, don't lecture me about loyalty, moron. It's creepy you pay for season tickets and don't even appreciate it or appreeciate Kraft and his hiring of BB, which led to drafting Brady!

Meanwhile, you warn us about the Jets the last few years, bash BB constantly and gloss over Brady's suspect postseason performances.

See, I am not a fraud like you. That's the difference.

And, your last paragraph mirrors Tony "Out Of Breath" Mazz. That moron too, shares your view.   What BB does with the market, running numbers, allocating salaries, is so far above your brain and Tony Mazz's, you mock it.

Tony Mazz says "it's always about the deal with them".  No kidding!  It should be!  It's a business and there is a cap! 

But, you and he are the same phonies who watch BB go out and get Adalius Thomas and then bash him for years afterwards when he did that.

You can't have it both ways, becase it makes you look like a phony.  And, if he didn't nail his 2012 draft, which it sort of appears that he did again (Jones, Hightower, Dennard, etc), then maybe the less than great moves of  Lloyd or Gregory, might be seen as bad as you feel it is.

It just isn't.

Lastly, when you say something like "If Gregory was so good, there'd be no need for Wilson" an then turn around and say something like "BB doesn't have enough in the secondary, why isn't he signing someone like Antoine Winfield", you look like a hypocrite.

You always have some kind of a tag attached to what he does. It's why you looked embarrased warning us about Arrington's potential "7 mil per" based on Buffalo being morons paying McKelvin that kind of money.

Or, Talib being paid 5 million and then framing it as "no one wanted him" because BB is too cheap. That's the inference.  The financial discipline and general brilliance, especially of late, is WHY we are able to say every year "12-4, 13-3 or 14-2". Who else can do that? Answer?!! No organization!

And, it's not JUST because of Brady either.  Brady played around talented players in 2004 and he played around them in 2012. The difference is, the young kids on D don't have the ring on the finger (yet) for you to allow them into this exclusive jusitifcation club you've created in that little brain of yours. You see Brady on the field and think it's 2004, when many of us BB had to teambuild like he just did for it to work right.

Don't lie. We've seen your game here. It's too late.

I would find a few 9 and 10 wins seasons acceptable along with a few more SB wins.

I never mentioned Winfield...I am on the age agenda, remember?

Talib signed for $5M, if someone offered him $5.1M he would have taken it and walked away from here.

I did post that Rodak said Arrington 4/$20, never $7M per. ( I never said anything, Rodak did)

I understand and agree with the philosophy. The words Mario Williams have never come out of my mouth. I do question some of the decisions within the philosophy. Thats the fun of being a fan...

I fail to see the difference bewteen my disagreement with the Pats signing some free agents (not all) and your distaste for Brady? I think most of the board would say you go much farther over board than I 

My

No.  Many, including myself, thought you were a Jets troll back in 2009 or 2010, because of how much you were simultaneously praising the Jets and bashing BB's every move.  

Don't play coy now.

Yes, you started a Leodis McKelvin thread, heavily hinting at the idea that 7 mil per for McKelvin was the market for nickel CBs. I kept telling BUddy Nic's stupidity is not the market.

Then Arrington's deal might average out to 4 mil per, which is obviously not 7 million.

FOrget it. You've literally lost every debate, every piece of prediction you post here based on your "contacts" speculation, etc.

well if saying the Jets in those years were the last team I wanted to see in the playoffs is trolling, then so be it. I still contend your obsession with both Brady and the Jets currently is 100 times worse trolling.

I rechecked my McKelvin thread. I cut and pasted Yates (not Rodak) article.

I would contend I have been correct many, many more times than you. But I would never expect you to comprehend that, let alone admit it.