Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats

Writer of James Harrison interview tells Dan Patrick Show that he has Harrison on tape using gay slur against Roger Goodell.

Rodney Harrison--- regarding James Harrison. "Someone needs to tell this guy to shut up and play football."

Men’s Journal writer defends James Harrison, blasts “idiot” quarterbacks

Steelers linebacker James Harrison claimed his words were twisted when he was quoted by Men’s Journal as ripping some of his own teammates. But the writer whose integrity was called into question by Harrison is not upset by Harrison’s remarks — and he agrees with everything Harrison says.

Paul Solotaroff, who wrote the Men’s Journal article in question, said on ESPN Radio this morning that Harrison had to back away from some of his comments about teammates Ben Roethlisberger and Rashard Mendenhall to keep the peace in the Steelers’ locker room.

“We talked about 11 o’clock yesterday morning,” Solotaroff said on Thursday. “Look, James is the guy who’s got to live with Ben for the next three years. . . . So as I told James, ‘Listen, whatever you’ve got to say to mend fences is perfectly fine with me.’”

Still, Solotaroff stands by what he wrote and even hinted that Harrison said worse things about Roethlisberger than what appears in the article.

“I filled up three notebooks, I don’t know how many hours of digital tape, and I cut so much stuff from this piece,” Solotaroff said. “There is just acres of stuff James said that’s compelling and amusing and riveting. And that wasn’t the only thing he said about Ben.”

Regarding what may have been the most violent of Harrison’s hits last season, the brutal blow to Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi, Solotaroff said that if you’re looking for someone to blame, blame Browns quarterback Colt McCoy.

“Massaquoi is coming across the middle and only an idiot kid quarterback is going to lead his receiver — lead his receiver! — into a zone knowing that James Harrison is lurking back there,” Solotaroff said.

Solotaroff is an unabashed fan of Harrison’s and in his radio appearance he ripped NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for cracking down on Harrison’s style of play.

“I was furious at the way James got done by Goodell last year,” Solotaroff said. “I thought making him the poster boy for this abrupt and arbitrary rule change . . . was about the most wrongheaded thing you could do, particularly since Goodell seemed bent on singling James out.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Dad... are we there yet?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I think, since most of us here are Pats fans, we can all agree that Goodell is a jacka$$. There's certainly no love lost between he and Pats fans for the way he completely overreacted to and then botched--for more than a year--the handling of the Spygate misdemeanor.

That said, Harrison has to realize that, like it or not, he's not only an employee of the Pittsburgh Steelers, but by extension an employee of the NFL. And Roger Goodell, also like it or not, is his boss. If your boss is "singling" you out for certain behaviors, in your mind, then request a private meeting with him and hash it out that way.

Don't act--as Killa has said--like you're an out-of-control, 'roided up imbecile in a public forum.

That doesn't help your cause at all and it only makes you look worse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I was willing to defend the idiot on principle, but now he's irreprehensibly stupid.  Sad really, because I wanted to support him in the name of safer equipment standards over changing rules.  At least I still have Troy Polamalu (for now)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats:
    UD - you have to admit what Harrison said was racist. Without any proof he made a blanketing statement that Goodell won't penalize white players and only goes after black players. He's basing his statement completely on the color of Goodells skin and what he perceives as a bias when there is no actual proof of this statement.
    Posted by PatsEng

It's kind of a prerequisite for racism, but this also points out Harrison's sublime ignorance. His own quarterback, fer chrissakes, was suspended four games just last season, despite the fact that technically, under the eyes of the law (and morality aside), Roethlisberger has done nothing wrong.

As soon as this story broke you knew it was only a matter of time before the gyroscope started spinning and we heard how all of this was misquoted or taken out of context, but the bottom line is that this guy is an idiot. Luckily for him, he's in a profession where being an idiot doesn't really seem to be much of a detriment. I have no idea -- and don't really care -- whether Harrison is all wacked out on chemisty or is simply batshit crazy (or both). Part of the entertainment -- particularly in this new internet age where simply everybody's opinion is out there for your perusal -- isn't so much wondering who's going to step in it next, but marvelling at how well so many of these guys continue to walk upright, even with both feet in their mouths.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I was willing to defend the idiot on principle, but now he's irreprehensibly stupid.  Sad really, because I wanted to support him in the name of safer equipment standards over changing rules.  At least I still have Troy Polamalu (for now)
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

But I think Polamalu's got a dandruff condition.  Can't support that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats : But I think Polamalu's got a dandruff condition.  Can't support that!
    Posted by UD6

Not anymore.  Head & Shoulders has 7 great benefits for the scalp and hair.  He said so himself!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I give the man credit.  He appears consistent in his statements.  Doesn't sugar coat.  Says what he thinks and/or feels.    "

Yeah, except today he went and apologized for everything, wimping out because he didn't have the stones to stand by his comments. Typical gutless frontrunner. It's also disappointing that you worship honesty without expecting that honest person to also look hard at themselves and take responsibility, which he didn't do. Honesty cuts both ways or you end up being a hypocrite Basically you have elevated running at the mouth with honesty. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

but as the judge said in the clemens case, "I don't know how to unring that bell."

He can backtrack all he likes now for the purposes of saving his career, but what his revisionist words can't do is change who his original words say he is.

The dude is one short of a half-deck.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats : Had nothing to do with it at all.  In fact, I think the guy is nearly certifiable.  I don't think its roids.  I think the guys got a screw loose.  As I've said, I am only defending what I think is his honesty.  It may be enough to get him suspended from the league, but better that than allowing the guy to continue to head hunt. 
    Posted by UD6

So, what's your opinion of him now that he has tried to retract his statements?  The only "honest" thing about Harrison is that he will lie.

Thoughts?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

More was revealed from the article about what James Harrison specifically said about Tedy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison.

"I hate those [expletives], especially those two clowns who talked about me after the fines," James Harrison said, referring to Rodney Harrison's and Tedy Bruschi's comments made on TV. "Sayin' I'm dirty -- [expletive], [Rodney] Harrison was the dirtiest player ever, a steroid cheater who was known by the whole world to be a headhunter and late hitter. And Bruschi's an idiot, straight-up simple. I'd like to meet them both in a dark alley."

You can read more from NESN's website

http://www.nesn.com/2011/07/james-harrison-says-hed-like-to-meet-tedy-bruschi-rodney-harrison-in-a-dark-alley.html

I have to agree with MVPKilla.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least if James Harrison was on steroids.  He sure acts like it.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Thats a real intelligent comment he made about Tedy, straight-up simple.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Thats a real intelligent comment he made about Tedy, straight-up simple.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

While sh*t-for-brains is running his mouth to Men's Journal while toting guns to help compensate, Tedy Bruschi is getting back from hiking up Mount Kilimanjaro to help raise money and awareness for the Wounded Warrior project

That just about sums it up right there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

James Harrison makes me embarrassed for the human race lol He is the pot calling the kettle black, first of all I know he is juicing and he calls out Cushing and HotRod as steroid users, sounds like he points them out to take away from the possibility that he is juicing. Like look at me, would I call them out if I was juicing? But he is I would bet on it. Then he calls Tedy Bruschi stupid, Bruschi is one of teh smarter defensive players to play in the last decade and he calls him simple? Harrison cant hold a candle to Tedy Bruschi.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Sorry dude bruschi is a goog guy and all but he is nowhere near the gamechanger harrison is just saying.  You may not like the man but hes a much better player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

He is the definition of clueless. We lost a first rounder and BB fined 500,000 and we're his boys? The Broncos (I believe) were caught for this last year and just got a slap on the wrist and a small fine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Bruschi has far more class and about 100 points more on the IQ chart than Harrison could ever dream of. Again, I'd be embarrassed if I was a Steelers fan.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I'm even more amused that he came out and apologized a day later

I think a Cleveland fan on ESPN summed it up best:
    "I somehow lost even more respect for him.  If he's going to be an outlaw, I don't want an apologist outlaw"

If he came out and said he wasn't apologizing to anybody for his thoughts, I'd actually get back behind him because I don't like the Goodell-as-judge-and-jury for player safety, either.  There needs to be a group of people who have coached and/or strapped on the helmet and shoulder pads themselves who judge whether or not a hit was malicious and/or unsafe.  Goodell is just a P.R. face whose father was a Senator

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

but as the judge said in the clemens case, "I don't know how to unring that bell." He can backtrack all he likes now for the purposes of saving his career, but what his revisionist words can't do is change who his original words say he is. The dude is one short of a half-deck.
    Posted by UD6

Undies talking about backtracking.  Now that FUNNY!  You backtrack faster than the roadrunner in reverse and have the audacity to call out Harrison on it.  Hello pot, this is kettle.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats : I just read that the NFL HOF commitee is now going to include college stats in their decision making process.  All those college sacks will relaly help Teddy.
    Posted by McCheaters

They aren't going to include Super Bowl appearances? I kind of feel bad for Jets players?  LOL

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6815653/pittsburgh-steelers-james-harrison-publicly-apologizes-roger-goodell?campaign=rss&source=BOSTONHeadlines&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sections
Shortcuts