Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankdawg. Show frankdawg's posts

Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats

Perfect example of a thug.  Way to set an example for kids. guns blaring and tough guy talk.  and people complain about stereotypes.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Its not about believe or agreeing with Harrison, you dufus. 

Its about whether you think Harrison, himself, believes the things he says.  I think he does.  I think he's being honest.  He may be wrong, but I believe his words are his feelings. 

I'll admit to the board, a flaw that I have.  I am still sometimes surprised at how stupid Rusty can be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats:
    [QUOTE]Perfect example of a thug.  Way to set an example for kids. guns blaring and tough guy talk.  and people complain about stereotypes.
    Posted by frankdawg[/QUOTE]

I seriously see this guy hurting someone post-NFL, and when (if) that happens, no one can say he didn't warn us. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SO WHEN IS BELICHICK GOING TO KICK THOSE TIRES? I THINK I SNIFF A BIT OF roid rage!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

what did he say about tedy bruschi? they keep sayin he said something negative as usual

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I like how he tried to defend his head hunting saying that a torn ligament in the knee is worse then a blow to the head. So, everyone should aim high according to him.

I'm sure most would agree that a knee injury which shortens a players career but the player can live and still function is much worse then the potential of permanent brain damage and a shortened lifespan. What a joke this guy is. If I was a player I wouldn't want to play with this guy and if I was an owner I wouldn't want him on my team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From ESPN.com:

Heavily fined Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison calls NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a "crook" and a "devil," among other insults, in an interview with Men's Journal.

Dobbs If that man was on fire and I had to pee to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him.

-- James Harrison on Roger Goodell

He even rips teammates Rashard Mendenhall ("fumble machine") and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in this past season's Super Bowl loss to the Green Bay Packers.

"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does," he said, referring to Roethlisberger's two interceptions in the game.

The 2008 AP Defensive Player of the Year hasn't been shy about ripping the league after he was docked $100,000 for illegal hits last season. In the August issue of Men's Journal, which has Harrison on the cover holding two pistols, his rants against Goodell reach another level of wrath.
     James Harrison has ripped Roger Goodell before, but not to this level. Maybe even more eye-opening is his criticism of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

"If that man was on fire and I had to pee to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will never respect him."

His other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," "puppet" and "dictator."

Harrison told ESPN that the interview took place "in April or May sometime."

If the Steelers had defeated the Packers in the Super Bowl, Harrison said, he would have whispered in Goodell's ear during the trophy ceremony: "Why don't you quit and do something else, like start your own league in flag football?" 

Harrison also questions whether a black player is punished more for a hard hit on a white player than the opposite.

"I slammed Vince Young on his head and paid five grand, but just touched Drew Brees and that was 20," Harrison said. "You think black players don't see this s--- and lose all respect for Goodell?"

Harrison also criticizes other NFL executives, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), and Houston's Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind").

Bruschi is an analyst on ESPN's "NFL Live."

While Harrison criticized some of his teammates, he had high praise for Steelers safety Troy Polamalu.

"He's the one guy in football I respect absolutely, 'cause he's spiritual and lives it like he talks it. You know, he gets more flags than anyone on our team but never gets fined for nothin'. He's so polite and talks so softly that he could tell he could tell Goodell to kiss his a--, and Goodell would smile and say thank you," he told the magazine.

Beyond the insults, Harrison makes some serious points about what he believes are the league's misguided attempts to increase safety. He explains how non-guaranteed contracts make players more likely to hit high, because in the short term, a torn knee ligament is more costly than a concussion.

And Harrison suggests the real way to prevent head injuries is to shorten the season to 14 games, start offseason workouts later and trim the length of training camp so "we're not bangin' heads so much in August; that's where the brain trauma comes from."

In a statement released Wednesday, Steelers president Art Rooney II said he hasn't read the article or spoken to Harrison. "We will discuss the situation at the appropriate time, when permitted once the labor situation is resolved," he said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Is Harrison related to Joey Porter? they sure do sound alike.

Maybe Seattle would like their ring after being hosed by the PittsburHGH refs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]I give the man credit.  He appears consistent in his statements.  Doesn't sugar coat.  Says what he thinks and/or feels.    Its ok to not like what he says, but, right or wrong, I don't think you can ever say he's not being honest. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

And I'm sure that his praise of Manning had nothing to do with this comment, Dogg.

Had he attacked Peytie, you'd be going nuts.  Honesty has little to do with this.  He crossed a line when he went after his own teammates;  didn't you ever play this game? 

There is no defense of this idiot, and the more people try to defend him, the worse they look.  Rest assured he'll get his potshots at Peyton soon enough. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE] He is an obvious case of steroids, I have seen it first hand in my playing days and now as a coach and this guy is CLEARLY using roids.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

What level are you coaching? I thought you mentioned it was younger kids or maybe high school. How often have you seen it and how old were the users?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]I coach High School football, and roids run all over high schoolers. The smaller kids who want to play but are too small compeared to the starters will use roids to get in the game. The kid who wants to make it to a college program might look for an extra edge. Its sad but there are more roids being used in high school football then one might think. I would like to say none of my kids do it but you cant be sure. I have had to kick kids off the team before, and it almost cost me my job. That is right, I got chewed out for doing the right thing. But to answer you, I played Semi pro ball which is not anything to brag about as its mostly ex college players and or NFL/Canada players that never made it. But when I played I saw lots of it, all over the place. Almost all the O linemen and D linemen used. And when I speak with current or ex college players they all tell the same story which is, all the stars are doing what Reggie Bush did which is taking money and roids are every where. According to the guys I played with and coaches I have spoken to at coaching clinics almost all the O linemen in college use roids, same for D linemen. Anytime you see a kid get hurt and he should be out for 2 months but comes back after like 4 weeks, yea that kid is on something. Heck even some QB's use it to gain an edge, mostly the Vince Young types who run it alot. I spoke with Cedric Benson the RB for Cinci one time at a party and he told me all about the money he got in college and the roids his teammates took. The coaches know but they dont know if you know what I mean. And unless someone rats you out you wont get tested. And the tests they do give the kids normally the kids have plenty of notice to clean out their *piss. And at my level in high school most programs dont do any testing. A guy like Harrison who is barely 6'0" now after he is fully grown was most definitely under sized in high school, and I would bet my life that he was taking roids to get a college offer which he never got because from what I understand he had character flaws, as in he took roids and had roid rage problems. I could be wrong about that but I doubt it. Most under sized kids who have big dreams of playing in a D1 college take roids. Sad but true.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Nice post, killa. Wow. Some serious cred.

I played Div III baseball at a mediocre-talent program, and there were guys using at that level.  Heck, there were bench players that were using. Can't imagine what it's like for HS footballers.

I also think Harrison would still be the same idiot even if he was clean.  I don't buy into the argument that 'roids alone did this to him.  My guess is that he has a barely passable IQ off the football field.  When his playing days are done, he's going to become another sad story.

Here's hoping they can get this deal done soon...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Merril Hoge said James Harrison called Ben Roethlisberger this morning to explain his comments in the upcoming issue of Men’s Journal.

According to Roethlisberger, Harrison claims the writer twisted many of his comments and it was not his intention to criticize the QB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

When filth speaks, I do not hear them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats : Wait, I am stupid, because some roid raging, racist blowhard needs attention and YOU approve of it? Look in the mirror if you want to see stupid, Undies. Christ, your act is tiring here. Time for the mods to step in once and for all.  The contrarian behavior is pathetic.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Of course not Rusty. 

You are stupid because you don't read for comprehension, jump to conclusions, are single-minded, and get things wrong all of the time.  You've yet to even fully understand my posts although they are as obvious as the sun on a cloudless day. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats : You fraud. Like Marvie Harrison? Ironic their last name is Harrison and each has a gun fetish. Super. Nice role models.  Thugtastic!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    You mean ironic like in the way his last name is harrison and you reference his (unsubstantiated) PED use like another Harrison?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats : And I'm sure that his praise of Manning had nothing to do with this comment, Dogg. Had he attacked Peytie, you'd be going nuts.  Honesty has little to do with this.  He crossed a line when he went after his own teammates;  didn't you ever play this game?  There is no defense of this idiot, and the more people try to defend him, the worse they look.  Rest assured he'll get his potshots at Peyton soon enough. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Had nothing to do with it at all.  In fact, I think the guy is nearly certifiable.  I don't think its roids.  I think the guys got a screw loose.  As I've said, I am only defending what I think is his honesty.  It may be enough to get him suspended from the league, but better that than allowing the guy to continue to head hunt. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hot Rod?  Ok - gotcha.  Only brought him up because smooth russ brought up the irony of the common Harrison name (marvin, james) and their "thug" life while elsewhere suggesting james was a ped user.  I figured he simply left out another bit of irony with the harrison name. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts