Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats

Brian Cushing on James Harrison: “I’ll pray for him

Brian CushingAP

Texans linebacker Brian Cushing has decided not to fire back after learning that Steelers linebacker James Harrison ripped him in a recent interview.

Harrison said in the interview that Cushing, who was suspended for the first four games of 2010 for violating the league’s steroid policy, is “juiced out of his mind.”

When asked to respond, Cushing told FOX 26 in Houston, I’ll pray for him.”

That’s apparently going to be Cushing’s standard response to questions about Harrison; it’s the same thing he said to the Houston Chronicle.

Harrison is far from the first person to criticize Cushing regarding his positive test for a substance that can be used to mask steroid use, but it’s not clear 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats:
    If this guy is a roid guy calling someone else out for being a roid guy, that makes him even worse.  Kind of like Rusty calling someone out for being an idiot.
    Posted by UD6

We'll pray for you Underdogg!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from verrildd. Show verrildd's posts

This thread started out somwehat interesting, then it started reminding me of long car trips I've taken with my kids.  Agonizing.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

wow, this was a good thread for the first few pages.  anyone else think rusty and ud6 should just have a running thread that they can move all of their arguments to?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers Harrison running his mouth about the Pats:
    How funny was it when he made comments about Brian Cushing being roided up? LOL The only difference between him and Cushing is Cushing got caught.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

PERHAPS HE'S NOT ON STEROIDS BUT is bi-polar as tyson was or has some kind of brain injury..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

it'll be great when david harrison is suspended for PEDs.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Writer of James Harrison interview tells Dan Patrick Show that he has Harrison on tape using gay slur against Roger Goodell.

Rodney Harrison--- regarding James Harrison. "Someone needs to tell this guy to shut up and play football."

Men’s Journal writer defends James Harrison, blasts “idiot” quarterbacks

Steelers linebacker James Harrison claimed his words were twisted when he was quoted by Men’s Journal as ripping some of his own teammates. But the writer whose integrity was called into question by Harrison is not upset by Harrison’s remarks — and he agrees with everything Harrison says.

Paul Solotaroff, who wrote the Men’s Journal article in question, said on ESPN Radio this morning that Harrison had to back away from some of his comments about teammates Ben Roethlisberger and Rashard Mendenhall to keep the peace in the Steelers’ locker room.

“We talked about 11 o’clock yesterday morning,” Solotaroff said on Thursday. “Look, James is the guy who’s got to live with Ben for the next three years. . . . So as I told James, ‘Listen, whatever you’ve got to say to mend fences is perfectly fine with me.’”

Still, Solotaroff stands by what he wrote and even hinted that Harrison said worse things about Roethlisberger than what appears in the article.

“I filled up three notebooks, I don’t know how many hours of digital tape, and I cut so much stuff from this piece,” Solotaroff said. “There is just acres of stuff James said that’s compelling and amusing and riveting. And that wasn’t the only thing he said about Ben.”

Regarding what may have been the most violent of Harrison’s hits last season, the brutal blow to Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi, Solotaroff said that if you’re looking for someone to blame, blame Browns quarterback Colt McCoy.

“Massaquoi is coming across the middle and only an idiot kid quarterback is going to lead his receiver — lead his receiver! — into a zone knowing that James Harrison is lurking back there,” Solotaroff said.

Solotaroff is an unabashed fan of Harrison’s and in his radio appearance he ripped NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for cracking down on Harrison’s style of play.

“I was furious at the way James got done by Goodell last year,” Solotaroff said. “I thought making him the poster boy for this abrupt and arbitrary rule change . . . was about the most wrongheaded thing you could do, particularly since Goodell seemed bent on singling James out.”

Sections
Shortcuts