Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction

Mendenhall is definitely NOT a Patriot.
    From ESPN.com:

PITTSBURGH -- Rashard Mendenhall has created a stir with comments made on his official Twitter page regarding Osama bin Laden's death.

The Pittsburgh Steelers running back on Monday tweeted: "What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..."

Mendenhall didn't hold back, even making a reference to the Sept. 11 attacks.

"We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."

The Steelers felt compelled to act. On Tuesday, team president Art Rooney II released a statement.

"I have not spoken with Rashard, so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments. The entire Steelers organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon."

Mendenhall, who profiles himself as a "conversationalist and professional athlete" on his Twitter page, turned some heads in March, as well, when he supported a comment by Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson comparing the NFL to "modern-day slavery."

"Anyone with knowledge of the slave trade and the NFL could say that these two parallel eachother," Mendenhall posted at the time.

Mendenhall is coming off a tremendous season, as he led the AFC champions in carries (324), rushing yards (1,273) and rushing touchdowns (13). He has 2,439 yards in three seasons since being drafted in the 2008 first round out of Illinois.

Among his other bin Laden tweets:

"I believe in God. I believe we're ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge."

"Those who judge others, will also be judged themselves."

"For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn ... I ask how would God feel about your heart?"

"There is not an ignorant bone in my body. I just encourage you to think."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction

He's likely a devout christian. That is a very christian standpoint. You can mourn the deaths of innocents without having to celebrate the blooshed of your enemies. 

It is sad, it is sad because it serves as a reminder of this (and all historically) futile wars between wealthy and powerful people. 

Can you picture Jesus, the man who didn't lift a finger in his own defense, stayed his friend's hand from doing so, forgave those who were putting him to death, pumping his fist at the death of another person?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Last I checked it's a free country and he's free to comment on whatever he wants.  It's a bit selfish in my opinion since his status as a professional athlete will give his comments legs and airtime.  A lot of people will feel the sting of his comments and be rightfully pi$$ed.  So be it.  Freedom of speech is something that this country guarantees and if he wants to believe in conspiracy theories and express compassion for a known terrorist killer, what can you do besides disagree with him?  

He's a self-proclaimed conversationalist.  If he wants to believe what he wants to believe, he has that right.  Twitter and the like has given anybody with a bit of fame a soapbox that they may not have had years ago.  Why anyone would want to put that kind of stuff out there is beyond me.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

When I first started hearing debates over whether or not it's acceptable to "cheer" the deaths of others, one of the first things I thought of was the outrage on these shores at video images of muslims half a world away "dancing in the streets" over the the destruction of the towers.

Here is some cake.

Would like like to eat it . . .   or would you prefer to keep it?

Or do you want both?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Some view the USA as the bastion of the infidel crusader.  Some see the Middle East as the home of zealots who would just assume cut your throat than talk to you if you are not one of them.  Evil is in the eye of the beholder, and it's a sad, sad thing that the state of affairs on this planet would lead anyone to cheer another's death.  But that's the way it has been for thousands of years and the way it will remain until cockroaches evolve and supplant us. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction:
    [QUOTE]He's likely a devout christian. That is a very christian standpoint. You can mourn the deaths of innocents without having to celebrate the blooshed of your enemies.  It is sad, it is sad because it serves as a reminder of this (and all historically) futile wars between wealthy and powerful people.  Can you picture Jesus, the man who didn't lift a finger in his own defense, stayed his friend's hand from doing so, forgave those who were putting him to death, pumping his fist at the death of another person?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

According to the bible during the apocalypse right before the 1000 year reign of Christ and the destruction of the universe Jesus comes down from heaven as a warrior king to fight against the army of the anti-Christ and using the word of God instantly kills an army said to be a large percentage of the human population.

Yes I can see Jesus killing someone who terrorized and killed so many.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction:
    [QUOTE]Its a free country and he has every right in the world to speak his mind. What are we fighting for if not for his right to speak his mind even if it is against what most people think. My mom tried telling me last night that they should have bombed the sh*t out of the compound he was in and send a message. And I was like mom they couldnt do that. I got her feelings, this thing has brought up a lot of feeling from ten years ago when it was common to hear people say "bomb them all" and my mom looked at me like i had 3 heads when I said they couldnt do that. I said mom there were woman and kids living in the same compound and her response was "im sorry I dont care" and then I pointed out that if we had done that then we become the bad guys for bombing and killing innocent people (I use the word innocent lightly) and that if they blew up the compound they lose any evidence or intelligence that could lead to the rest of his people and that finally made the difference, then she was like "oh I didnt think of that". She thought i was nuts but once I got across what I was saying it made sense to her. She had a right to her opinion, as did I and so does the Steelers running back. Its a free country.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Bombing would send a message all right. The wrong message. Terrorists must be made to realize that we will put our own people's lives on the line in order to kill them. Besides bombing would have removed the proof that he was indeed killed and would have prevented the recovery of more intelligence. All the previous attempts to kill Bin Laden were affected by political concerns. Clinton was afraid he might kill some Saudi princes and Bush was afraid a large loss of US servicemen in Tora Bora would have swayed public opinion against his planned Iraq invasion.

By putting his presidency on the line Obama showed he has bigger balls than both Bush and Clinton put together. He also put the rest of the Middle East on notice that we will come in unannounced to get the man we're looking for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : According to the bible during the apocalypse right before the 1000 year reign of Christ and the destruction of the universe Jesus comes down from heaven as a warrior king to fight against the army of the anti-Christ and using the word of God instantly kills an army said to be a large percentage of the human population. Yes I can see Jesus killing someone who terrorized and killed so many.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

The Bible is the bloodiest most violent book ever written and the history of Christianity is as blood soaked as any religeon.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Lets not forget before we condemn people who were happy that a terrorist was killed. The palistinians and the rest who cheered when the towers went down were cheering the deaths of innocent men,women,and children. The people that did that were lowlife scum. The people that cheered the death of Bin Laden,were cheering about the death of a murderer of many innocents in the past and if he had his way many more in the future.Bin Laden's death was a GOOD thing. The death of any demon is a good thing. I am a devout Christian, I applaud the killing of this evil man. We are not the judges,Bin Laden will get his judgement,and I will get mine. I think my judgement will be much less harsh as I have never taken an innocent life nor have I rejoiced in the taking of one. Everything isnt equivalent in life. May we kill all the terrorists in the world,I shall surely celebrate everytime one goes down. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]Some view the USA as the bastion of the infidel crusader.  Some see the Middle East as the home of zealots who would just assume cut your throat than talk to you if you are not one of them.  Evil is in the eye of the beholder, and it's a sad, sad thing that the state of affairs on this planet would lead anyone to cheer another's death.  But that's the way it has been for thousands of years and the way it will remain until cockroaches evolve and supplant us. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
    What a nonsensical pretentious post. Comparing Americans to bloodthirsty jihadists,you are a fool.Your post is the equivalent of, "Some people drink Pepsi and some people smear feces on their chest,Taste is in the eye of the beholder!" If there were only knot-heads like you on this planet the cockroaches wouldnt need to evolve to supplant us they would already be more intelligent. Did you shed a tear for Hitler as well you simpleton?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : The Bible is the bloodiest most violent book ever written and the history of Christianity is as blood soaked as any religeon.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]
    Dont speak on religion if you cant even spell it. Illiterate fool

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]The death of any demon is a good thing. I am a devout Christian, I applaud the killing of this evil man.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

Ahhh . . .  now we're getting somewhere.

I suspect that the fundamentalist muslim likely views you as a demon, as well . . .  and he surely believes that sacrificing his life in a war against you offers him entrance to his heaven. You're both wrong, obviously. There likely isn't any "judge," and there certainly aren't a whole host of them competing to see which one wins. I get that you believe that your beliefs are the only true beliefs for no better reason than because you believe them, but the great irony here is that your enemy believes the exact same thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : What a nonsensical pretentious post. Comparing Americans to bloodthirsty jihadists,you are a fool.Your post is the equivalent of, "Some people drink Pepsi and some people smear feces on their chest,Taste is in the eye of the beholder!" If there were only knot-heads like you on this planet the cockroaches wouldnt need to evolve to supplant us they would already be more intelligent. Did you shed a tear for Hitler as well you simpleton?

The point was that some see America and the free world as evil, while others in the west see the Middle East as evil.  It all depends on what side of the argument you're on.  It's not a simple argument, and I can promise you that a simpleton I am not.  I'm glad that you can debate a point like a grown man.  I refuse to take the bait from someone who cannot grasp a point.       

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Ahhh . . .  no we're getting somewhere. I suspect that the fundamentalist muslim likely views you as a demon, as well . . .  and he surely believes that sacrificing his life in a war against you offers him entrance to his heaven. You're both wrong, obviously. There isn't any "judge," and there certainly aren't a whole host of them competing to see which one wins. I get that you believe that your beliefs are the only true beliefs for no better reason than because you believe them, but the great irony here is that your enemy believes the exact same thing.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I was tryng to say, you put it better than I did.  But of course I'm just a simpleton so what can you expect...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Overpopulation being what it is, Bin Laden is 1 less #ssh#le I gotta give the finger to in my 50 minute commute because he's goin' 30mph in a 45 mph zone. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : What a nonsensical pretentious post. Comparing Americans to bloodthirsty jihadists,you are a fool.Your post is the equivalent of, "Some people drink Pepsi and some people smear feces on their chest,Taste is in the eye of the beholder!" If there were only knot-heads like you on this planet the cockroaches wouldnt need to evolve to supplant us they would already be more intelligent. Did you shed a tear for Hitler as well you simpleton?

I'm sure the spirits of all the hundreds of thousands of dead Native Americans would disagree. Possibly you might get an opposing view from all the slaves those God fearing Christian southerners killed or worked to death prior to the Civil War (and after). The bottom line is that humans will make any religion and it's texts into what they want it to be. If they want to be an excuse for killing they will. It's not the dogma it's who spins it and what their motives are. This is the reason religion should never be considered as a means of governing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : The point was that some see America and the free world as evil, while others in the west see the Middle East as evil.  It all depends on what side of the argument you're on.  It's not a simple argument, and I can promise you that a  simpleton I am not.  I'm glad that you can debate a point like a grown man.  I refuse to take the bait from someone who cannot grasp a point.       
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
    oh I can grasp a point bend your head down here and I'll show you.You are saying some see America as evil and some see the middle-east as evil. You act like both are valid points they are not. Some people like the taste of pizza some people like the taste of turds. They are not both good choices. The case can be made for pizza,it cant be made for turds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I thought conservationists only cared if you saved trees, not people?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : I'm sure the spirits of all the hundreds of thousands of dead Native Americans would disagree. Possibly you might get an opposing view from all the slaves those God fearing Christian southerners killed or worked to death prior to the Civil War (and after). The bottom line is that humans will make any religion and it's texts into what they want it to be. If they want to be an excuse for killing they will. It's not the dogma it's who spins it and what their motives are. This is the reason religion should never be considered as a means of governing.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]
    Says the moron named evil and with the skull avatar.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Says the moron named evil and with the skull avatar.

What's wrong? Do you lack the guts and/or intelligence to respond with a coherent opposing view. Or is taking the coward's way out your norm? How typical of today's self appointed guardians of morality. Your inability for critical self examination just proves my point.

As for your whine my screen name and avatar...you just exposed how narrow minded you are