Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : oh I can grasp a point bend your head down here and I'll show you.You are saying some see America as evil and some see the middle-east as evil. You act like both are valid points they are not. Some people like the taste of pizza some people like the taste of turds. They are not both good choices. The case can be made for pizza,it cant be made for turds.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

Why don't you go read a book and cease with getting all of your viewpoints from Fox news and PS3 video games?  The point you miss is that whatever side you're on, those on the other side may just feel a little bit differently than you do.  Of course the world is a better place without Osama Bin Laden and lots of people will feel a sense of closure with his death.  But it doesn't change the fact that other people over the ocean still see the USA as evil.  Are they right?  I don't believe so.  But it's a meta-ethical argument that has likely been around for thousands of years.  If you can't grasp that point and want to make knee-jerk reactions, please feel free.  But be careful of painting other people as simpletons when your avatar is from a video game.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Honestly, I think it's in bad taste to celebrate anyone's death, no matter how despicable and evil the person is.  It isn't becoming whether it's happening on the streets of Kabul or the streets of Washington.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Why don't you go read a book and cease with getting all of your viewpoints from Fox news and PS3 video games?  The point you miss is that whatever side you're on, those on the other side may just feel a little bit differently than you do.  Of course the world is a better place without Osama Bin Laden and lots of people will feel a sense of closure with his death.  But it doesn't change the fact that other people over the ocean still see the USA as evil.  Are they right?  I don't believe so.  But it's a meta-ethical argument that has likely been around for thousands of years.  If you can't grasp that point and want to make knee-jerk reactions, please feel free.  But be careful of painting other people as simpletons when your avatar is from a video game.  
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
    Ah a Fox News basher! Gee thats so weird that a liberal would be sympathizing with the terrorists! I am shocked! Liberals the same people who think its ok to suck an unborn baby down a sink but how dare you execute a murderer! You say the world is a better place without Bin laden but we shouldnt celebrate the world becoming a better place? I love you liberals so much,its so easy to make you look like the nutbags you are. GOD BlESS AMERICA!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Good for Mendenhall.  F*ck America and its imperialist wars, going around the world killing whoever it wants for oil. 

You rednecks like judgment, huh?  Well what goes around comes around.  I hope you enjoy it when the rest of the world blows up your homes with smart bombs and cruise missiles and steals the oil out of your gas tank.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Why don't you go read a book and cease with getting all of your viewpoints from Fox news and PS3 video games?  The point you miss is that whatever side you're on, those on the other side may just feel a little bit differently than you do.  Of course the world is a better place without Osama Bin Laden and lots of people will feel a sense of closure with his death.  But it doesn't change the fact that other people over the ocean still see the USA as evil.  Are they right?  I don't believe so.  But it's a meta-ethical argument that has likely been around for thousands of years.  If you can grasp that point and want to make knee-jerk reactions, please feel free.  But be careful of painting other people as simpletons when your avatar is from a video game.  

Don't bother. His own words identify him as a narrow minded holier than thou type who likes to judge everyone else from his high seat. In his own dogma that would be the sin of pride.

If you look at it from the Palestinian's point of view...We (the US not me personally) unconditionally  support Israel who's kept them shut up in squalid refugee camps with no hope of improving their lives for a couple of generations now. And then meat heads wonder why after decades of US support for some of the most brutal dictators the Middle East has ever seen (The Shah of Iran-Saddam etc) they wouldn't be happy someone attacked the US?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]I think celebrating the death/end of a dictator/terrorist and murder of millions is ok.  Maybe someday we won't be having these conversations. I'd like to point out that countries that have some semblance or Democracy limit the possibilty of allowing these kinds of people to come to power. Granted, he didn't represent a nation, but he's no different than what a Hitler was.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

He was a bad man and justice prevailed.  What a fitting end to his reign of terror.  He didn't represent a nation yet many like to believe he universally represented Muslims, like some of our friends replying on this very thread.  Our system is flawed, but it's the best system in the world.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hey Rashard, eat a pen is. I was in NY when it happened, I remember worrying if my mom was working down there that day while I was sitting in a classroom. I remember how happy I was when I got home and saw my mom, thousands of children weren't as lucky. 

Please, shut the f*ck up and go f*ck yourself. =) 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well put King

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Ah a Fox News basher! Gee thats so weird that a liberal would be sympathizing with the terrorists! I am shocked! Liberals the same people who think its ok to suck an unborn baby down a sink but how dare you execute a murderer! You say the world is a better place without Bin laden but we shouldnt celebrate the world becoming a better place? I love you liberals so much,its so easy to make you look like the nutbags you are. GOD BlESS AMERICA!

Legal abortion--the Christian's responce for everyting. Funny nobody here identified themselves as liberal but as expected you cart that sad label out too. Did you know liberal is defined as 'open minded? Not surprising you didn't since you're so obviously a brainless fanatic. In fact you have much more in common with Islamic terrorists than the rest of us. You use religion to elevate yourself above others so you can justify forcing us to live by your religion. Sounds just like the Taliban People like you are a bigger danger to American democracy than any Islamic terrorist could ever be. Given the chance you'd turn this country into a Christian version of Iran with some snake handling freak show as head mullah.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Football boys, can we stick to football?  I can and do, do politics, foreign affairs and history elsewhere.  This is one of the places I come to get away from that.

Ah football...  Who would have guessed it could be a refuge from the slings and arrows of outrageous.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Ah a Fox News basher! Gee thats so weird that a liberal would be sympathizing with the terrorists! I am shocked! Liberals the same people who think its ok to suck an unborn baby down a sink but how dare you execute a murderer! You say the world is a better place without Bin laden but we shouldnt celebrate the world becoming a better place? I love you liberals so much,its so easy to make you look like the nutbags you are. GOD BlESS AMERICA!

You clearly have me pegged, except that I am a centrist, right-leaning unenrolled voter, and a veteran to boot even though I wasn't born in this country.  While I can tell that you get all of your viewpoints from far right sources and it clearly comes out in your responses,  you'd be shocked to find that I'd probably agree with you on more things than you'd care to believe.  However, one thing I cannot tolerate is an ultra-liberal or an ultra-conservative.  And your viewpoint is about as close-minded as I've seen. 

Thanks for the replies, but our debate is going nowhere.      

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]I am still trying to get over Mendenhall's quote: "It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side." Umm, wow.

Funny I've heard him speak many times. You'd have to have lived under a rock to have never been exposed to his video and audio tapes. Even before 9/11 he'd made his intention to kill as many Americans as possible quite clear.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : You clearly have me pegged, except that I am a centrist, right-leaning unenrolled voter, and a veteran to boot even though I wasn't born in this country.  While I can tell that you get all of your viewpoints from far right sources and it clearly comes out in your responses,  you'd be shocked to find that I'd probably agree with you on more things than you'd care to believe.  However, one thing I cannot tolerate is an ultra-liberal or an ultra-conservative.  And your viewpoint is about as close-mionded as I've seen.  Thanks for the replies, but our debate is going nowhere.      

You cannot debate or discuss with a fanatical Christian or any religeous fanatic. Their opinion is backed by God and they have eternal reward awaiting for anything they do. They also have God's forgiveness for anything they do no matter how muderous. It's what makes them so dangerous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : You cannot debate or discuss with a fanatical Christian or any religeous fanatic. Their opinion is backed by God and they have eternal reward awaiting for anything they do. They also have God's forgiveness for anything they do no matter how muderous. It's what makes them so dangerous.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and for the record I don't think you're evil or the anti-christ because of the skull thing!  I always think of the movie Amelie when I see your avatar.  My GF's favorite movie, sorry. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : You cannot debate or discuss with a fanatical Christian or any religeous fanatic. Their opinion is backed by God and they have eternal reward awaiting for anything they do. They also have God's forgiveness for anything they do no matter how muderous. It's what makes them so dangerous.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]
    Being lectured by an idiot about something he cant even spell. Go sacrifice dead goats you devil worshipping fool

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]I have to agree with Tenacious T even though he put it a little harshly. The rhetoric about this country being evil is beyond laughable. It's like the Dan Shaughnessy of sportswriting. Bait the readers with rhetoric and hope it sticks. Who cares about facts or reality! I do agree the rhetoric is out there, but it's a faulty premise.  And let's be honest, this started to increase when 9/11 happened, Dubya was in office and then decided to take a war on within two fronts. I do understand the negative tone and rightfully so.  No one wants war. However, I don't see the Taliban, Al Qaeda, etc, trying to help 3rd world countries, donating billions and billions of dollars per year to try to help people progress as a society. I see them sort of playing a Jesse Jackson role. They pick and choose where they want to place their principles, with either racist or religious undercurrents. Obviously, Jackson is not Bin Laden, but conceptually, they prop up their agendas and do more harm than good because they are extremists who look for control. How is the US doing more harm than good?  Anyone care to explain that one?  Sorry, not buying it. It's really ridiculous that any somewhat educated, sane person elsewhere in this world would see each America and what Bin Laden reprsents as equally the problem.   It's just ridiculous. It's worse when it happens when a US citizen, living freely, not appreciating it, babble incoherently about it. As if you'd want to live where terrorists control you?  Really? Hmm. This recent rhetoric of America being evil is propped up by certain pockets of the media trying to take shots at the big dog (U.S.) because there is a market for that. It doesn't mean it's acccurate. This country is far from perfect, no doubt, but making the case that there is a balanced perception of evil between extreme muslims and the U.S./free societies, either means most of the world is dumb and or brainwashed, or it's not really true. And when you have idiots like Adrian Peterson and Rashard Mendenhall mouthing off without a clue about history or any regard for what the slaves in this country went through, as they count their millioins, is not only embarrassing, it proves my point about how uneducated people are with cable tv and the internet telling them things they may want to hear.

Neither countries or religions are evil. People are evil and those people use government and religion as a tool to brainwash people into following them.

There are some points in your post I'd like to reply too though.

However, I don't see the Taliban, Al Qaeda, etc, trying to help 3rd world countries, donating billions and billions of dollars per year to try to help people progress as a society.

That's precisely how Bin Laden and the Taliban came to power in Afghanistan. After the Russians were driven out the US walked away leaving no one in power and the country a wreck. Bin Laden used his millions to help rebuild the country's infrastructure as well as hospitals and schools while the Taliban filled the role of government. They were regarded as saviors by the population until they were firmly entrenched enough to show their true intentions. By then it was too late.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Being lectured by an idiot about something he cant even spell. Go sacrifice dead goats you devil worshipping fool

Once again you show what a coward you are by responding with silly childish insults instead of an adult counterpoint. Don't bother responding anymore. It's clear your level of brainwashing only allows you to spew the same tired rhetoric your kind has done for years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Agreed, and for the record I don't think you're evil or the anti-christ because of the skull thing!  I always think of the movie Amelie when I see your avatar.  My GF's favorite movie, sorry. 

The name evil was shortening of evil patriots fan. It's a name I used to post on sports sites after spygate when all the idiots were talking like BB and Kraft were the devil incarnate. The avatar just happens to be the first thing that popped up in google when I searched for a picture of evil. Leave it to a narrow minded lemming lie our God fearing friend here to twist it to something it isn't. It's another one of their standard attack forms.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]This is all so laughable. American's acting like another American shouldnt be speaking their mind. In the same breath that you scream God Bless America you sh*t on it when you act like only people with your same view point can express themselves. How can you be a proud American and also sh*t on someone's right to free speech? that is pretty un-American of you. And saying that Mendenhall is uneducated for not viewing the world as you do is just insane. Did he say something untrue? When he said we as American's only have one side of the story is that an untrue statement? Cause last time I checked there was never a trial to prove that Bin Laden did what he did. I mean I know he did and you know he did it and I am happy as hell that he is a dead man but looking at it from outside that box Mendenhall was not wrong. Im just saying he has the right to think that and say that and it doesnt make him less educated for saying so. And who the hell are you guys kidding? America is not evil? Are you joking? The world is going to sh*t, kids are getting dumber and dumber and relying more and more on computers and I phones and bull sh*t bull sh*t bull sh*t. People walking around with closed minded view of the world and attacking other American's for viewing the world differently. This is a country that lives in excess and its no wonder people with nothing hate us for what we have. With that said so is everyone, every country on this planet is evil. Every person on this planet. We are not a good animal we are just the smartest ones with thumbs.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I've got a great example for you. The other day I was cut off by a full size hummer on the NYS thruway. Not only was he driving like he thought the size and type of his vehicle should make others treat him like a fire engine but he had a sign in his rear window attacking Obama for high gas prices. I kept thinking that this guy must be one of the most self centered idoits on the planet. He's driving a vehicle that most likely he never drives anywhere a car couldn't go and that might get 9 mpg downhill with a tail wind and he's complaining about the price of gas.