Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction:
    In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : It's fine sentiment, hollow as it may be, but suggesting that anyone, anywhere represents the single face of human hatred is preposterous on it's very . . .   well . . .   face. Hatred has existed as long as there have been at least two people, and it will continue until there's only one left -- and even that guy will probably hate himself before too long alone. It's in our DNA (or "god" made us that way, if you prefer). Of course, Obama has to say something, and if he's not the King of Empty Rhetoric there probably isn't one . . .  so . . .   nice speech . . .   I guess.
    Posted by p-mike
    Please  link me to the report that genetic scientists have foung a "hatred" gene in our DNA sequencing...I missed that...but the growth of human enlightenment  continues to attack ignorance at an ever increasing pace....less ignorance...more hope....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction:
    My theory is, it's tied to Darwinism or that concept that Charles Darwin devised.  We (humans) just have a more sophisticated built in "survival skill set", if you will.  Animals prey on the weak and kill for survival. Humans use other things like groups, race, religion, etc, to pretend they are superior. I wouldn't call it a "hatred gene". I'd call it a more heightened version of what we see in nature. Maybe if Rashard Mendenhall read a book instead of skipping classes at Illinois he'd have a decent knowledge of history and what has gone in the world the last 10 years or the last 1000.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing
    a truly"more heightened version of what we see in nature" might lead humans to respect the wisdom of our living elders and honor our women more....for starters....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You are free to say what you want and you will not be thrown in jail by the government.  You are not free from criticism. 

Two way street, people are free to call you stupid if you say something stupid....you don't have to say every thought that comes into your head, or twitter it to a million people.  I have no pity for Mendenhall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If our closest relative -- the chimpanzee -- is observed, they absolutely kill for territory, for mating opportunities, and because they are stronger than their prey.  If they had differing religions and political beliefs, they'd probably kill eachother over those things too. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I really tried to stay away from this one but I couldn't.
    Am I glad Bin Laden's dead....... yes. Did I want him to die before he claimed responsibility for killing 3,000 Americans......no.

Now, does Mendenhall have a right to his opinion......yes. Do I think it was in poor taste....yes, do I think it was self serving....yes, do I think he could have avoided this by just simply not commenting.....yes, do I think he's selfish in that he doesn't believe that his comments would have a direct impact on the organization and owner he plays for.....yes.

Bin-Laden was a fraud, a spoiled child, outcast by his family claiming to be a soldier. He attacked innocent non combatants, he was responsible for not only the deaths of his own organizations actions, but also responsible for the retaliatory strikes to his own people.
    He eluded capture for close to a decade by hiding in schools, hospitals and neighborhoods, he promoted fear to the entire world and for what? Because the US Military mobilized troops to Saudi Arabia and used his sacred land as a staging point for the Iraqi war despite being invited by their leaders to do so.

He had to be located and killed despite the fact that there will most likely be another to take his place. History has shown that someone much more evil than Osama Bin Laden can be beaten and that those people can become civil again. Let's hope this is an opportunity for that to happen even though I seriously doubt it.

Mendenhall is an idiot, I understand his right to free speech and I only hope that on 10/30/11 @ 4:15pm we use our right to free speech and let him know what we thought about his tweet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

When we watch(ed) a village in the Middle East where the community was in the street whooping and hollering and cheering about the death of an innocent person or simply of an American many of us thought and felt "how barbaric".

It is fine to be happy that Bin Laden is gone. While we can understand the immediate desire to have exhuberent, over-the-top mob celebrations of death it is not something we have to do or have to encourage.

AS with the Patriots (NE), when you lose say little, when you win say less. Rather than the "role models" of today's violent action films look at the role model of a John Wayne character. Let us go about our lives and business and the defense of liberty with a degree of honor and dignity.

I am happy he is gone. I am thrilled no one in the raiding party was killed.

If the job was how to make the world safer for America and for democracy then let's do whatever comes next.

And let's support the troops when they come home - with health care (rather than finding ways to kick them out of vets health care) and with post armed services training so they can earn a living after allowing those of us who have jobs to keep on earning our livings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Please  link me to the report that genetic scientists have foung a "hatred" gene in our DNA sequencing...I missed that...but the growth of human enlightenment  continues to attack ignorance at an ever increasing pace....less ignorance...more hope....
    Posted by mountainmonkey

You're delusional, Johnny.

Mankind has been at war with itself since the beginning of time, and tossing around generic bullsh*t like "enlightenment" and "hope" is no better than an ostrich that buries its head in the sand.

We are not nice.

We never have been, and we're never going to be.

The evidence of your own eyes and ears should tell you that, as a species, our primary focus has always been on destroying ourselves as efficiently as we can.

Live in the real world.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : a truly"more heightened version of what we see in nature" might lead humans to respect the wisdom of our living elders and honor our women more....for starters....
    Posted by mountainmonkey

Radiolab ran a segment on this. They foun that at least with human beings, evolution has tended to select a 'kindness' gene more often. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

World wide social networking is enabling the process of overthrowing oppression in almost every Middle Eastern authoritarian state.....demands for freedom and dignity are sprouting up everywhere in the Arab spring....nothing delusional about that."Beware the man of one book" may resonant throughout the region and bring change everyone can live with..."the times they are a changin'.....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from deadZeppelin. Show deadZeppelin's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Not much to talk about really.I was born a poor black child. Nothing really exciting happened to me until I met your mom, 2 dollars and a pack of cigarettes later and I was a man. 
    Posted by tenacioust
    Holy c-rap 2 dollars!serious why wasnt I informed?Now I wouldnt be able to sleep at night that could of been me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : "Civilization an It's Discontent" ~Sigmund Fraud
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Great thesis. The eternal struggle between the bauling violent infant inside of us that wants to do whatever and to whomever they feel like, and the social being that lets it know it would be better off with friends.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Three weeks ago,I befriended "the Syrian Revolt 2011" on my Facebook page and now my news feed has updates everyday, written in Arabic, from the brave revolters on the Syrian streets. Hopefully, they translate those posts into English soon, but they know the good people in this world are with them....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Three weeks ago,I befriended "the Syrian Revolt 2011" on my Facebook page and now my news feed has updates everyday, written in Arabic, from the brave revolters on the Syrian streets. Hopefully, they translate those posts into English soon, but they know the good people in this world are with them....
    Posted by mountainmonkey

Ah Facebook the ultimate playground for Data Mining.  Be careful Hippy, I'm sure you triggered a watch program at the NSA so don't be surprised if you have a problem getting a flight in the future.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall upset with Bin Laden reaction : Ah Facebook the ultimate playground for Data Mining.  Be careful Hippy, I'm sure you triggered a watch program at the NSA so don't be surprised if you have a problem getting a flight in the future.
    Posted by tcal2-
    "lay down, lay down, let it all down.....let your white birds smile up at the ones who stand and frown ....Melanie (1970)...Lay Down...Candle in the Rain....but unilateral disarmament is not an option....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Looks like we're in the deep end now, can we reel this back to what a physically spoiled running back said?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

he said what he said, expressed an opinion. agree or disagree. it is what it is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

He can say whatever he wants. Neither the NFL nor the Steelers should be censoring or silencing someone who happens to be an NFL player. If he uses his prominence to gain an audience, so what: doesn't everyone else in a similar position? His argument is simplistic, but there is truth in it. Shooting an unarmed man in the head in front of his daughter is not normally the way justice is meted out. It does fit the definition of vengeance quite nicely, however.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

president shouldnt be condonding violence and why is it a crime for questioning people dancing in the streets for something they have no clue as to it being true or not.

For those that live in a fantasy world and still vote and hope for change,. thats nice, but most people, like myself dont believe half of what the gvmnt sais cuz we know better...its basically if your life is great, you probably have no reason to question.  I know better.  I dont even know how people dont know that this was an inside job.  We all get called consp theorists but there is more evidence that the u.s. was invlolved than there is evidence that Osama did anything....lets go back to 2001 events...stop being naive..the whole story stinks and he made a true statement...and the big wigs are gonna come down im now??  please!  Bush said in 02' he wasnt even thinking about laden....thats because the Bush' have been dealing with ladens since god knows when....

the quicker the american people stop being naive, the sooner thigns will change, but the dancing people confirmed to the ELITISTS that the sheep are still sleep...smh

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He's an ignorant dumbo. There is no truth in it. He either slept through 9/11 and the last decade and/or is totally uneducated. I have yet to hear one logical human defend his comments. I would not want a Pats employee sounding this stupid. I'd like to see Mendenhall face a 9/11 victims' family, a police officer, firefighter or military person with those comments. Freedom of speech is one thing. Absolute stupidity backed by inflammatory commentary is something else. I suppose the Russians should have asked Hitler if he was armed in the dark bunker, if that had ever come to that? Good god. The phony, disingenous arm chair jibberish that comes from the media and self righteous, deluded public is beyond disturbing. A war criminal is a war criminal.  Clinton had a chance at this mudererer in 1999 and decided not to do what Obama just did. It's a shame Obama needed 9/11 to justify it. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I will pray for you.  I cant believe the amount of people who are being hoodwinked by the gvmnt.  They can come out with whatever story they want and you guys will beleive it....Osama been dead, and thats why no pic, no body and no proof for you and I that a DNA test is real....keep being decieved....its one thing to not know the truth, but its another to flamboyantly speak about lies....go to do your homework instead of having someones back who cares nothing about you.....wow!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts