Steelers, Tomlin investigated for CHEAP shots

oh gee who woulda thought

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Steelers, Tomlin investigated for CHEAP shots

Where did you see anything about this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Source?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

they do get away with a lot of HtH hits and it'd because they lead with thier high.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

It's not the helmet to helmet stuff that bothers me - a lot of it isn't even their fault.  It's the grabbing helmets that bothers me, i.e. Welker

Personally, until the league REQUIRES everyone to use the newest helmet models, the most state-of-the-art custom mouthpieces, and wear every single pad (butt, hip, thigh, and knee), I hate to see them water down the rules and dish out random fines

Lest we should all forget, the Patriots would have all been ejected against the Rams for the contact they made

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7252140

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers, Tomlin investigated for CHEAP shots:

they removed it because the real, passionate fans were all commenting in defense of the steelers, even the non-steelers fans

goodell can't have that, so the nfl office twisted ESPN's arm to have it taken down

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

They didn't remove it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

That particular tackle by Clark was about as textbook as you can get. Nothing cheap about it.

If anyone is a cheap shot artist, it is Goodell. Goodell is nothing but a sissy, imposes fines at random, and is totally destroying this game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Yeah, the need to look hard at Palamolu trying to wrench off Wes Welkers head

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers, Tomlin investigated for CHEAP shots : That particular tackle by Clark was about as textbook as you can get. Nothing cheap about it. If anyone is a cheap shot artist, it is Goodell. Goodell is nothing but a sissy, imposes fines at random, and is totally destroying this game.
    Posted by CarveMaster

Textbook my as*.  I don't know if you remember the hit by Jack Tatum on Daryl Stingly but it was erily similiar. Clark hit Welker in a similar fashion last season and now this. 
    If he is allowed to continue to play in that fashion we'll have another wide receiver in a wheel chair.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Goodell does suk, but James Harrison is as close to a dirty player as there is in the NFL. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers, Tomlin investigated for CHEAP shots : Textbook my as*.  I don't know if you remember the hit by Jack Tatum on Daryl Stingly but it was erily similiar. Clark hit Welker in a similar fashion last season and now this.  If he is allowed to continue to play in that fashion we'll have another wide receiver in a wheel chair.
    Posted by jaxpat

Yeah, so many guys go out to play and come back in a wheelchair. Don't want another Stingley. Wait...How many guys wind up like Stingley??? None? Do we really need all these new rules for something that hasn't happened since 1978? Give it a rest, it was a good hit, textbook. Tomlin was showing it the next day in class so everyone copuld learn to do it like that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

OP, I wouldn't call it being "investigated". He was simply called up for a little re-education, to clear up any questions Tomlin might have & to ask Tomlin what he thought of the new flags, which will be going on everyone's hips next season as the NFL officially declares contact football over.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Not EVEN getting into Tatum/Stingley.  The Steelers have a history of bringing the wood.  The NFL "investigating"?  Silly.  If game tape shows something illegal, fine the player.  Stop the silly investigations.  Even so, the chippiest, cheapest team I'm aware of is the Lions.  Nice comment today by Arian Foster about how they play to the "echo of the whistle" -  lots of elbows and flying appendages when plays are done.  I wouldn't call the Steelers bad.  Aggresive, yeah, but o.k. as far as I'm concerned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

You thought Tatum leaning into a defensless receiver like that was "clean"? Those Raiders players were as dirty as any players in the history of the league. They were so smug and arrogant, too. A disgrace, really.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

And it happened in a meaningless pre-season game, as I recall.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers, Tomlin investigated for CHEAP shots : And it happened in a meaningless pre-season game, as I recall.
    Posted by chrisakawoody
    Yep...that's correct

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers, Tomlin investigated for CHEAP shots : Textbook my as*.  I don't know if you remember the hit by Jack Tatum on Daryl Stingly but it was erily similiar. Clark hit Welker in a similar fashion last season and now this.  If he is allowed to continue to play in that fashion we'll have another wide receiver in a wheel chair.
    Posted by jaxpat

There have been about a million hits in the NFL similar to the Tatum/Stingly hit if you would bother to know just a little about how football is actually played. But you don't since your mommy probably never let you play football growing up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"We saw Polamalu go unflagged as well as Ryan Clark on a helmet to helmet lead in on BJGE on a running play, hitting him flush in the facemask, leading with the crown."

By rule, Helmet to Helmet can not be called when hitting a RB when he is running the ball.  Only on a defenseless player which can only be a QB or WR in certain circumstances.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts