Steelers wont announce their cuts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1418909. Show user_1418909's posts

Steelers wont announce their cuts

The Pittsburgh Steelers wont realease their cut player list till tommorrow because they dont want other teams to get a 24 hour jump on studying the list. If the Patriots and Belicheck did this there would be an uproar about how parinoid Bill is and how he is not giving the players he cut a chance to get a jump on moving to another team. Funny how these things get overlooked.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81262463&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyPieman. Show JohnnyPieman's posts

Re: Steelers wont announce their cuts

Good for them.

I would do the same thing, not release the list until I absolutely had to, if I ran the New England Patriots.

Right now, if Bill Belichick wants to sign one of the guys from the Steelers who has already been cut, he has their names because their Agents don't give a crud about the Steelers agenda and all are all busy telling the rest of the league's personel offices that their clients are now available.

So it isn't even an effective attempt at being secretive.

The Steelers' final 22 cuts won't be announced until Saturday, when all NFL teams must firm up their rosters.

"I don't want to give the rest of the NFL 24 hours to look at our guys before they deliver theirs," Tomlin said. "We handled the paperwork, we're just going to hang onto the paperwork."

The Steelers' secrecy probably won't work -- no doubt the agents for any players told they weren't on the team immediately put the word out to other NFL teams. According to Tomlin, the Steelers also want to see if anyone else cut around the league might help them.

I hate the Steelers as much as I love the Pats, but they simply aren't doing anything wrong, or even very effective, here.

They just aren't releasing their list early.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Steelers wont announce their cuts:
    [QUOTE]Good for them. I would do the same thing, not release the list until I absolutely had to, if I ran the New England Patriots. Right now, if Bill Belichick wants to sign one of the guys from the Steelers who has already been cut, he has their names because their Agents don't give a crud about the Steelers agenda and all are all busy telling the rest of the league's personel offices that their clients are now available. So it isn't even an effective attempt at being secretive. The Steelers' final 22 cuts won't be announced until Saturday, when all NFL teams must firm up their rosters. "I don't want to give the rest of the NFL 24 hours to look at our guys before they deliver theirs," Tomlin said. "We handled the paperwork, we're just going to hang onto the paperwork." The Steelers' secrecy probably won't work -- no doubt the agents for any players told they weren't on the team immediately put the word out to other NFL teams. According to Tomlin, the Steelers also want to see if anyone else cut around the league might help them. I hate the Steelers as much as I love the Pats, but they simply aren't doing anything wrong, or even very effective, here.   They just aren't releasing their list early.    
    Posted by JohnnyPieman[/QUOTE]He probably files his income taxes the same way at the last possible minute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RobertBro. Show RobertBro's posts

It's not in the best short term interests of any team to release their cut list or tell the players before the deadline.  It seems like the Patriots are releasing the names as decisions become final.  That seems like a decent thing to do for the players and it may be a matter of wanting to stay on good terms with players in case we want to bring them back at some point. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The notion that any of this information is actually being kept secret is mildly laughable. There's absolutely no logical reason to release the information until you absolutely have to -- any more than there is to pay your taxes early -- but thinking that the representation of these players (if it's any good at all) is not working overtime to find their clients a slot somewhere is equally absurd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

Belichick has the Steeler's and everyone else's roster figured before THEY even do...   with 99.5% accuracy.

Bill don't need no stinking list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Here's the Steeler list...

The former Steelers are quarterback Mike Reilly, running back Carey Davis, running back Isaac Redman, running back Justin Vincent, wide receiver Dallas Baker, wide receiver Tyler Grisham, wide receiver Brandon Williams, tight end Dezmond Sherrod, offensive lineman Jason Capizzi, offensive lineman Jeremy Parquet, offensive lineman A.Q. Shipley, defensive lineman Sonny Harris, defensive lineman Steve McClendon, defensive lineman Scott Paxson, linebacker Bruce Davis, linebacker Tom Korte, linebacker Andy Schantz, linebacker Donovan Woods, defensive back Roy Lewis, defensive back Anthony Madison, and kicker Piotr Czech.

Sections
Shortcuts