stephen a. smith:: "PATS have no shot against the 49ers, they will have brady dancing!"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: stephen a. smith::

one thing i do agree with stephen A about is that if you can get pressure on brady without having to blitz, then it makes it alot tougher on him. but the same can be said about any qb....if you have to blitz to get pressure on brady, he will absolutely tear you apart by finding the mismatches. the reason the 49ers and giants can and in the giants case, have had success against brady, is because their d-line is so good that they can generate a great pass rush without having to blitz. this makes brady have to force the ball into tight windows and often means incompletions or interceptions, and alot of times, sacks. one reason i think the pats would be better off this year against the 49ers or giants is because of their running game. last year and in previous years, their running game wasnt nearly as much of a threat as it is now. so now that the pats have a successful running game, it makes it harder on the opposing teams to just key in on brady and the passing game. this also opens up the play-action, which we say monday night on that 37 yard td pass to brandon lloyd. it seems teams like the giants and 9ers may have the blueprint to beat the pats, but maybe the pats have found the blueprint to be successful against those type of teams.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

one thing i do agree with stephen A about is that if you can get pressure on brady without having to blitz, then it makes it alot tougher on him. but the same can be said about any qb....if you have to blitz to get pressure on brady, he will absolutely tear you apart by finding the mismatches. the reason the 49ers and giants can and in the giants case, have had success against brady, is because their d-line is so good that they can generate a great pass rush without having to blitz. this makes brady have to force the ball into tight windows and often means incompletions or interceptions, and alot of times, sacks. one reason i think the pats would be better off this year against the 49ers or giants is because of their running game. last year and in previous years, their running game wasnt nearly as much of a threat as it is now. so now that the pats have a successful running game, it makes it harder on the opposing teams to just key in on brady and the passing game. this also opens up the play-action, which we say monday night on that 37 yard td pass to brandon lloyd. it seems teams like the giants and 9ers may have the blueprint to beat the pats, but maybe the pats have found the blueprint to be successful against those type of teams.

Good points. Maybe I misjudged you LOL.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

if u put pressure on any qb with just front four they wont do well

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dblock33644's comment:

if u put pressure on any qb with just front four they wont do well

yea thats why i said the same can be said about any qb.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

I hope the run game factors in.  I would love to see this Pats team really impose their will and  establish the run against this kind of top caliber D and/or use the run game or screens to slow down a pass rush that is getting to Brady; like two quick screens to Corey Dillon in the SB against the Iggles.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I would like to see Gronk play just to help block for the running game. Doesn't need to catch a pass, just need to blow up a linebacker like he did to Suggs...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

So to get this straight. If you get pressure on Brady he is more likley to make mistakes.

So under max pressure Brady plays like most every other QB plays  with little or no pressure...I get it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

That's why establishing some variation of a run game is vital and why it's mindboggling that Brady's virtual lovers here, don't want Brady upright for 4 qtrs. The best way to accomplish that is to keep Brady under center as much as possible and to make sure you establish a run, while not ignoring it over large chunks of the game.

SF will win this game if we fail on the above.

It's why no one took my wager last week.  It's unlikely SF will be blown off the field early like Houston as last week, so run at the edges. Run at Aldon Smith, hit designed checked downs to the backs off playaction, etc.

Keep their rushers on their heels more than they'd like, because they prefer to rush almost exclusively.   Their LBs are a different story, but I also think Welker and Herandez are two interior route runners that Willis and Bowman have never seen before at the same time before either.

Lloyd and maybe even Branch can help simply by our offense establishing a run to get to playaction, at least by the 3rd qtr.

What's mindboggeling is that you don't know that the best way to keep TB upright is the Shotgun spread.

You might want to check out last weeks play by play as by my calculation TB was in the shotgun 52% of the time(36 out of 69 snaps) and that out of their 33 runs, 42% (14 of 33) were in the 4th qtr.  In case you can't do the math and I'm sure that's the case, that left 19 runs for the other 3 qtrs.   4 runs were out of SG.

Now what were you saying about TB needing to be under center most of the time again?

You do understand that different games, different situations,  different defenses, determine that, RIGHT? 

One can only hope.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Short screen passes...that's how we will win

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Brady might be spinning, and if you want to call it that, what do you call what a BB defense will have Kaepernick doing?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

That's why establishing some variation of a run game is vital and why it's mindboggling that Brady's virtual lovers here, don't want Brady upright for 4 qtrs. The best way to accomplish that is to keep Brady under center as much as possible and to make sure you establish a run, while not ignoring it over large chunks of the game.

SF will win this game if we fail on the above.

It's why no one took my wager last week.  It's unlikely SF will be blown off the field early like Houston as last week, so run at the edges. Run at Aldon Smith, hit designed checked downs to the backs off playaction, etc.

Keep their rushers on their heels more than they'd like, because they prefer to rush almost exclusively.   Their LBs are a different story, but I also think Welker and Herandez are two interior route runners that Willis and Bowman have never seen before at the same time before either.

Lloyd and maybe even Branch can help simply by our offense establishing a run to get to playaction, at least by the 3rd qtr.

Exactly Russ, whenever we faced a dominate rusher like that the famous Coach always exploited him.
    Alden Smith attacks on every play, that leaves plenty of open space to attack with the run on the edge, Advantage NE. The San Fran LB'ers will have enough problems covering the middle. That open space will be there for the NE backs as it was against Miami.

On D, if they can contain Gore, The exiting and lighning fast back to the inside and Keep CK in the pocket, which Miami did'nt. Miami blew that game with 49'ers, 6 minutes to go and they had them but Tannerhill is no Brady. Three long passes in a row going for the home run, Yuk!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Usually when you get pressure to Brady he is not that good.  I thought the MNF was unbelievable because never have I seen Brady hit or knocked down so much and he still played awesome.  I think that was testament to their preperation (tennis rackets in Brady's face) of that game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Smith always talks trash about the PATS!! He is such a LOUD MOUTH and he is next to go. Smith is not an expert, he just thinks he is. I'd love to have BB talk circles around him so then he would be shown as a man that doesn't really know the game..he wrote for The Daily News sports section  and knows Basketball, so anything he says about football should be ignored. He also attended an all Black College, just saying that because anytime their is a QB that is black he always favors them to win, he will be next to say something racist.. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    you don't need gronk for run blocking. put in another ol men. soft or hard cast, it's too risky. what does he block with, his legs? bench him. showing too much desperation guys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Keeping the 49ers D guessing by using a wide range of plays will be the key.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

he'll be dancing all right.  doing the prime time shuffle

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

too bad that stephen a smith wasn't sitting at the razor last week when BB's guys totally destroyed the so called best team in the AFC. I also wonder if he thinks that the patriots 13th player namely the thousands and thousands that will be in attendance sunday night are gonna be quiet when the 49ers are on offense?

the sons of belichick

foxboro

nuff said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Screw Stephen A. Smith and his Brady/Gregory Hines BS.  He is a hater.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Smith is part of the "loudmouth,trash talking black culture" that is permeating the country and nobody calls it what is. There are no standards for behavior anymore.

Sections
Shortcuts