Stephen Gostkowski - 2nd round tender on him.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Stephen Gostkowski - 2nd round tender on him.

We need to keep our kicker.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Stephen Gostkowski - 2nd round tender on him.

I'm ok with losing Gostkowski for a 2nd round pick if it comes down to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Putting a 2nd on a kicker is like putting 2 1st on Wilfork. No one, except Oak, would pay a 2nd on a kicker. And it lowers the offer they have to make to him if no one bites. Smart move

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

good....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Gostkowski must stay! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

To spend a second on a Kicker is nuts but there is always a chance it could happen but I think we'll be ok.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

HOW CAN ANY TEAM TENDER A YOUNG,PRO-BOWL PERFORMER AT ONLY THE SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK LEVEL IS CLOSE TO INDEFENSABLE.TOO MANY TIMES THE PATS HAVE SHOWN  A DISREGARD FOR THOSE WHO HAVE DONE THE JOB FOR THEM AT A HIGH LEVEL,APPARENTLY FIGURING THAT MARKET VALUE APPLIES TO ALL TEAMS BUT THEM.WHETHER THIS IS THROUGH THE BELIEF THEY ARE SMARTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE,TOTALLY MISCONSTRUE WHAT FAIR MARKET VALUE IS,SIMPLY UNDERRATE THE VALUE OF THEIR OWN PLAYERS,BELIEVE THEY CAN REPLACE EVERYONE WHO WILL PERFORM AS WELL(PROVEN TO BE UNTRUE A FEW TOO MANY TIMES)OR SIMPLY WON'T PAY THEIR PLAYERS WHAT THEIR PLAY WARRENTS,I DO NOT KNOW.WHAT I DO KNOW IS THAT THE PHRASE MANY OF US ESPOUSED TO ALL NAYSAYERS,"IN BILL WE TRUST"IS LOSING TRACTION. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Placing a second round tender on Gostkowski pretty much assures the patriots that he's not going anywheres.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I would give a second round pick for a kicker with Gostkowskis talent. A great kicker is very underated. Alot of people dont realize how valuable a great kicker is until it starts costing you wins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Kebbe,

Sure they should have tendered Ghost with the highest tender and on the top of it (to be sure enough no one would try to sign him) use their second franchise tag on him in order to really (I mean really really) show how they value the guy...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

kebbe - I normally don't ever say this but it's a good thing you don't run the team. Yes there might be teams out there willing to pay a 2nd for a great kicker but in the end it's a business and they have a right to match the offer. In reality most teams won't give up a 2nd in a very deep draft for a kicker and the difference between the 2nd tendor and a 1st and 3rd is around 1.2mil extra a year. As stands the 2nd tender gives Ghost something in the range of 1.5-1.7mil. That's a 10% raise which I'm sure he's happy over. How many kickers are paid that much? Putting the tender with the raise shows they want to keep him but if you offer the biggest tender to every RFA you want to keep (say an average of 4-5 a year) you are wasting almost 4 mil every year which could be spent on a UFA. You have to balance the tender with what you feel would just be above the market offers so you don't shot yorself in the foot. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

If no one signs him great.  If someone steals him it's 4th and 2 all over again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I agree w/Pat eng - no one should jump up and grab him.  Should be ok here.

Sections
Shortcuts