Sterling Moore?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Sterling Moore?

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Yeah Frank, a few of our resident "experts" were talking about Sterling Moore during the offseason as a good young corner, part of that great young defense BB was putting together.  Some were even calling the secondary the best in the league. 

This was all nonsense and many of us argued for more skepticism in these evaluations.  Moore did make a nice play to knock the ball out of Lee Evans' hands, but people forget that the only reason Moore had the chance to knock the ball out was because Lee Evans was open enough with Moore in coverage to make a catch.  Similary, I believe it was Moore who was the corner beat by Manningham in the infamous sideline catch in the Super Bowl. In fairness to Moore, those both may have been difficult coverage assignments, but if you watched the games carefully, you understood that Moore was often beat.  He was aggressive trying to knock the ball out after the catch, but a corner's primary role is to prevent catches, not slap at the ball after it's been caught. 

I wouldn't minimize the skill of knocking the ball out... Who else on this team does this...? Moore has made this play repeatedly and seems to have a knack for it. It takes coordination and talent.

yes, it means he was "beat" on the play until you realize the play ends with the ball on the ground. This is more than could be said about other DBS on this team.  He also appears to be a solid tackler.  Frankly i would have let Chung go instead.

I think the fact that he managed to get back into plays to break them up at all puts him ahead of most of the DBs on this team. Last year, with Moore's play towards the end of the year, Arrington leading the NFL in interceptions and McCourty looking servicable at safety there were a lot of people being very optimistic about the defensive backfield coming into this season...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

"We're on the field here today, it's our one chance this week to work on some things that we feel like we can improve on. I'd say that’s really the theme for us this week as a staff and as a team, is to identify and then have a plan for how to work on things we feel like we can improve on, whether that's situations, plays, techniques, maybe changing a scheme, whatever it happens to be. Obviously we're not going to get it all done today, we can do some things today but also have a plan going forward and we have practice next week and in the coming weeks things that we feel like if we improve on can help our football team and there are certainly a number of those, as well as turning our attention to Buffalo. Hopefully this will be a productive week for us; I think we can use it."

This is B.B.'s opening statement. Sounds like someone hasnt been happy with the schemes as well and lets pray we see more of the blitzing we saw last week and less of the cover 2 zone which is pretty much graunteeing a TD for the other team this year. Glad to see B.B. ready to some self scouting and get this thing corrected. All the x players have said he needs to change something or hire real coaches and Ty law also pointed out his lack of ability to land veteran free agents that know the game. something we had in 01,03, 04

Now we are just young n dumb and the one guy Fanane didnt pan out.. .Need to get more championship caliber players here in offseason IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Seems odd that they cut him. 

It IS odd.  This gives me that "only belichick could pull this off" feeling ...

the guy Moore played almost all your defensive snaps, played adequate with no glaring mistakes ( one 5 yd. Holding penalty , one late deep ball )...  If he was cut -worthy, why is he out there playing ..?  A farewell tour?

makes no sense ...  Unless something ugly behind the scenes happened. 

any explanations?  And I'm not buying that he's worse than everybody else since he was your de facto starter for a 42-7 victory...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

the guy Moore played almost all your defensive snaps, played adequate with no glaring mistakes ( one 5 yd. Holding penalty , one late deep ball )...  If he was cut -worthy, why is he out there playing ..?  A farewell tour?

any explanations?  And I'm not buying that he's worse than everybody else since he was your de facto starter for a 42-7 victory...

TALIB happened.  Moore may be back on the PS if not claimed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

so....  Do you think he'll be claimed ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think something is up at safety...could we see Chung to ir? They have added 2 secondary players, cut 1,something else has to happen...either Martin is not here long, or they send someone to ir

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

so....  Do you think he'll be claimed ?

He cleared waivers and is now a FA.  The Pats have not reinstated him yet but they certainly could as there is a ps position open.  Then again, they could demote someone else to make room for Talib.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

well see if talib can overcome his sketchy injury  and legal issues .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I thought Moore played the worst of the very ineffective DB's. no surprise he was cut, Dennard and Cole have definitely passed him on the chart. 

In fairness, seems he has been playing on a bum knee all year. Too bad, because I thought he was playing extremely well at the end of last year.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

well see if talib can overcome his sketchy injury  and legal issues .

This is something we are definitely going to have to let playout. No way of knowing how he will react to being a Patriots. He could be a total flop, he could get here and get suspended again, he could be a slight improvement or he could be the best DB on the team. 

It will be two weeks until we see him on the field so we probably won't know if he makes a difference until December...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

It's being reported that Moore has been resigned to the pracice squad.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

It's being reported that Moore has been resigned to the pracice squad.

Sweet!  I heard his locker wasn't cleaned out. Great news. Hank Poteat Part II.  Very options now so if they had to use him, they have a system guy off the bench.

2004 flashbacks, folks.

What the hell does "Very options now" mean junior? I thought you went to college.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

Meant "many".  I'll edit it just for you, Gramps. Following me around a lot here in the last minutes, huh?

Have they served you the pudding yet? What's next? Bingo at 7 and then bedtime?

Since you jump all over every little typo or misspelling by other people I figured you would be thrilled to be corrected on one of your blatant errors.

Not following you junior, but every thread I go in you are saying something stupid, so I just point that out.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

After watching the Chefs burn the BBQ last night, Crennell and Pioli will soon be available.

Sections
Shortcuts