Stevan Ridley has the highest rushing average in team history!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Stevan Ridley has the highest rushing average in team history!!!

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Ridley blows.

I guess I'll have to school a few of you jabros yet again.

Lawrence Maroney had a per run average higher than that of Corey Dillon, Sam Cunningham, Curtis Martin, and Jim Nance after two years.

And that average per carry was a miniscule .03 yards less than Ridley has right now.

So, how'd that work out?

* Did he really use the term "jabro"?"  "2 demerits"

Don't be a jabro.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Babe stop the hating...  support your team.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

In response to scash2013's comment:

Curtis Martin was a gamebreaker, a Hall of Fame running back that defenses had to plan around. Implying that Ridley is, or ever will be, in his league is just silly.

Best case scenario for Ridley, if he stops fumbling, is a poor man's Antwoine Smith. He could be a solid back, that's his ceiling. Don't let the numbers fool you.

Curtis averaged 2.9 fumbles a year, Ridley is currently averaging 2.0 per year.

And how many did Curtis have when nobody even touched him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

You think calling stiffs good is supporting your team. You're wrong. Calling stiffs good is supporting a stiff, not the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

honestly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

I like Ridley but I gotta tell ya, I hold my breath every time he runs with the ball.  For some reason I always think he is going to fumble.  I don't have trust in the guy. 

I nned to know....... When the game is on the line do you trust him enough to give him the ball?

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

In my gut I always fear he will put the ball on the ground.

Your fear is justified, because he blows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'll associate this with "bend don't break".  It doesn't matter how many yards you get the first 55 minutes of the game.  What matters is if you can convert the 3rd and 2 with 3 minutes left in the game while holding onto a 3 point lead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ridley blows.

Lawrence Maroney had a per run average higher than that of Corey Dillon, Sam Cunningham, Curtis Martin, and Jim Nance after two years.

And that average per carry was a miniscule .03 yards less than Ridley has right now. 

So, how'd that work out?

Don't be a jabro.

I'm afraid the demerits are accumulating, Babe.  That's another 2 - 1 for use of the word and the other for being disagreeable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I am certainly not a kool aid drinker....that being said...I believe Ridley is a very good running back. I think BB is hard on him with fumbles because BB realizes Ridley could be a very, very good running back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I am certainly not a kool aid drinker....that being said...I believe Ridley is a very good running back. I think BB is hard on him with fumbles because BB realizes Ridley could be a very, very good running back.

He's hard on him with fumbles because fumbles lose football games. BB and I both detest fumbles. Ridley was born a fumbler. You can't teach that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Ridley blows.

So, how'd that work out?

Don't be a jabro.

I'm afraid the demerits are accumulating, Babe.  That's another 2 - 1 for use of the word and the other for being disagreeable.

ATJ, since when have I cared about demerits?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Ridley blows.

So, how'd that work out?

Don't be a jabro. 

ATJ, since when have I cared about demerits?

Point taken, Babe. That'll be 1 more demerit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

One point Ridley fans might like to ponder.... Blount had a higher per carry career average than Ridley. Where's the love for him? Just sayin'.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

Curtis Martin had much better cut back ability and lateral movement. He was much better at making people miss in open space. He was a low to the ground, shifty back. Ridley's style is completely different. More importantly, Martin could finish runs. If I was go to compare Ridley to any other Pats running back besides Smith, it might be Robert Edwards. Similar style, and they both lack the top end speed and/or conditioning to finish big runs.

And comparing anyone to Smith is not a knock. People have forgotten what a solid back he was for us. Good tough runner. More importantly, one of the better grind the clock RBs I've ever seen. If Ridley can turn out to be Antwoine Smith, I would be very happy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

This is a totally meaningless stat. He actually averages fewer yards per carry than Blount, Vereen, or Bolden this season. He technically averages fewer yards per carry than Woodhead did for his Patriots career (Woody was 4.8 ypc for his Pats career). 

Finally, since he is only averaging 3.7 ypc this season. If he keeps that he will fall back down to even the other guys level by the time he gets close to the number of carries that guys like Faulk, Martin and Dillon have.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

One point Ridley fans might like to ponder.... Blount had a higher per carry career average than Ridley. Where's the love for him? Just sayin'.

I think most of us at one point or another have said positive things about the entire crew back there.  Like my first post on this thread............ jeesh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Pats are averaging 125 yards per game, which ranks them 11th in the league.  I think we can all agree that our pass game is not what it used to be as far as being lethal (yet improving weekly), so you have to attest that to strong OL play and our stable of RB's getting the job done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think most of us at one point or another have said positive things about the entire crew back there.  Like my first post on this thread............ jeesh.

Crowing about Ridley's "highest rushing average in team history!!!" seems a bit overblown when a guy on the roster has a better one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Crowing about Ridley's "highest rushing average in team history!!!" seems a bit overblown when a guy on the roster has a better one.

Not as overblown as calling a legit NFL running back, whom is considered the most talented of the Patriot RB's, a 'stiff'.   Give me a break.  If you don't like him, fine.  However, he doesn't blow and is not a stiff.  He's just not good enough for you....  that's it.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

The only people crowing about Ridley's achievement in this regard are the Patriots in the their pre-game press release. Take it up with them. When they reply back, perhaps you can share it with the rest of us.

The rest of us are simply discussing the statement and don't have extreme positions like he "blows" or he is a "stiff."

My personal view is that the statistic does not mean that he is the best RB in the team's history. Ridley has a long way to go before he can be considered one of the best on this team, much less the league. However, I do believe he has potential, and yes, he has to get better at holding on to the ball. He also needs to develop his catching skills along the way.

No need to go out of your way to be insulting. You have well-founded opinions on occasion but they are increasingly cleverly hidden behind insults and extreme statements.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

The rest of us are simply discussing the statement and don't have extreme positions like he "blows" or he is a "stiff."

Well, some are slower on the uptake than others. The guy is a choker, and a cripple shooter. That is the reality of it. Will he improve? I doubt it. We'll see if I'm right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[/QUOTE]

Well, some are slower on the uptake than others. The guy is a choker, and a cripple shooter. That is the reality of it. Will he improve? I doubt it. We'll see if I'm right.

[/QUOTE]

We will indeed. You stick with your opinion and I am going to stick with my optimism. I believe the Pats will have one of their better years rushing the ball and Ridley will be a contributor to that success, along with Blount and Vereen. I am less sure about Bolden but he keeps surprising me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Blount has looked good, but I think his average is misleading. He has 155 yards on the season and 70 of them are on two carries. He has something like a dozen carries (of his 35) for 1 or fewer yards. That means a third of the time he is doing nothing or even losing yardage. 

It gets into that discussion about the ability to break the occasional run versus consitency each carry.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Blount has looked good, but I think his average is misleading. He has 155 yards on the season and 70 of them are on two carries. He has something like a dozen carries (of his 35) for 1 or fewer yards. That means a third of the time he is doing nothing or even losing yardage. 

It gets into that discussion about the ability to break the occasional run versus consitency each carry.

That all depends on what the situations were when he ran.

But my point is simpy that stats after two years don't tell the full story. Like I also pointed out, the same could be said of Maroney after his first two years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Blount has a better career YPC than Ridley on Sunday nights in domes in the state of GA.

"Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost: for support, not illumination"  - Vin Scully

Sections
Shortcuts