Stevan Ridley VS Mark Ingram

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Stevan Ridley VS Mark Ingram

Third Round VS First Round

I guess this is what you mean when you talk about VALUE !!!

INGRAM

Att    Att/G    Yds    Avg    Yds/G    TD    Lng    1st    1st%    20+    40+    FUM

122    12.2      474   3.9     47.4      5      35T    30    24.6       2       0        1

RIDLEY

Att    Att/G    Yds    Avg    Yds/G    TD    Lng    1st    1st%    20+    40+    FUM

87     5.4      441     5.1     27.6      1      33T    18    20.7      5        0        1

Imagine what Ridley could have done with 35 more carries...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from abereyes1. Show abereyes1's posts

Re: Stevan Ridley VS Mark Ingram

I thought Ingram was going to be better. I'm glad we got Ridley!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Stevan Ridley VS Mark Ingram:
    [QUOTE]I am pretty sure BB fleeced the Saints in that deal. Why didn't NOs do what BB did?  Because BB had leverage and used it. It's not about the name on the jersey in college and what you did there.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Until we see what BB does with NO's pick this year and see if Vereen can get on the field on a regular basis BB hasn't fleeced NO yet. If Vereen becomes the next Faulk and they get a good player with NO's pick then yes BB fleeced NO if Vereen never gets consistent on field reps and the NO pick turns into a bust then Ingram comes back from the injury (a sprained toe isn't a career threatening injury) and performs well as a starter then NO fleeced BB. It's way to early to tell who got the upper hand in this trade but so far Ingram has produced more then Vereen has and we have no clue what NO's pick will be

Comparing RB's is fine but comparing the 2 RB's in reference to the trade is pointless since one didn't affect the other. You also can't say BB would have taken Ingram with the 28th pick because he obviously traded it knowing who NO was targeting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

To be honest i was surprised when i saw the numbers... i am also glad we got Ridley.

I hope we use NO #1 on a S or LB... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]To be honest i was surprised when i saw the numbers... i am also glad we got Ridley. I hope we use NO #1 on a S or LB... 
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

You know what I'm glad we got Ridley too. This is coming from a guy who was unsure about him after the pick. I didn't question Ridley as a back because I wanted a hard nosed power back all along, just more of taking back to back RB's.

Frankly I thought Ridley was going to be more like a FB getting short yard reps and goalline situations. I've been pleasantly surprised King was right about him that he's more of a Dillion mold.

I too hope we use NO's pick on a pass rushing LB. I was hoping we'd use the pick we traded to NO for Sheard or Reed and was disappointed we got neither

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ridley had a comparable year to Ingram production-wise and he seems to have a lot of upside.  He's a bigger back with some speed and he can get tough yards too. 

I admit, I thought Ingram was going to be Emmitt Smith or Adrian Peterson.  He may yet.  But getting a #1 and still getting Ridley looks to be a smart move early on. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I love Ridley's combination of speed and power. But we all know he is 1 fumble away from being in BB's doghouse. I would like to see Vereen get some carries in the playoffs, I think with the 2 rookie's speed it would give a jolt to the Pat's running attack. But I don't think BB will take a chance with the unproven Vereen in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

The only extended carries Vereen got this year was against the Chiefs at the end of a blowout. He ran impressively, the Chiefs knew we were going to run the ball. They stacked the box, and Vereen still managed to make a handful of very impressive runs. Too bad that hamstring hampered him all year. We never got to see what he could do. Even if he's healthy for the playoffs, I doubt we see him on the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

I have been saying since pre-season that Ridley was the best RB the Pats have had since Curtis Martin....  and I believe that prediction will prove out.

The kid is big, strong, fast and has great agility.  He is a stud and I am excited that BB is finally giving the kid carries.  It looks like he may have taken over the starting job as of late.... 

I was screaming early in the season for him to get more carries....   he is going to be dangerous in the play-offs...

Check out these stats from Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6487/stevan-ridley

Stevan Ridley has averaged a run of 20+ yards once every 17.4 carries, seventh among all backs with at least 85 carries.
    For comparison's sake, the big-play challenged BenJarvus Green-Ellis managed just one run of 16+ yards on 181 carries. Ridley's 5.1 yards per rush is 10th among 56 backs with 85+ carries, and his 2.6 yards after contact per rush trails only three backs. Ridley has emerged as the Patriots' primary runner due to his combination of speed and power -- even if Green-Ellis remains the goal-line horse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Ah but the "Hooded One" always provides us with a few surprises or has historically anyway.  Gotta believe he's been saving something for the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I didn't want the Pats to pick Ingram simply because of his injury in college.  RB is already a brutal position and a knee injury is not something you want a guy coming off of.  Exceptions can be made for guys with injury issues (Adrian Peterson for example), but Ingram had nowhere near the potential Peterson did coming out of college (hence why he was available at the end of the 1st round).  Obviously that decision looks good now, but it's a little early to tell given that it's only been a year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Akiraloco. Show Akiraloco's posts

Yeah Ridley is mucho bueno"  i'm hoping we use NO pick on a S  or OLB..  but knowing bill he'll prob, go after an O-lineman

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Imagine if Ridley averaged 12 atts per game like Ingram, as opposed to his 4 and a half. This would be an entirely different discussion. Imagine if Ridley averaged 16 atts per game? Woah.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Imagine if Ridley averaged 12 atts per game like Ingram, as opposed to his 4 and a half. This would be an entirely different discussion. Imagine if Ridley averaged 16 atts per game? Woah.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

The cold weather is coming..... now or never I guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Imagine if Ridley averaged 12 atts per game like Ingram, as opposed to his 4 and a half. This would be an entirely different discussion. Imagine if Ridley averaged 16 atts per game? Woah.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

shoulda been up to 12 per game by midseason and thereafter

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I have been saying since pre-season that Ridley was the best RB the Pats have had since Curtis Martin....  and I believe that prediction will prove out. The kid is big, strong, fast and has great agility.  He is a stud and I am excited that BB is finally giving the kid carries.  It looks like he may have taken over the starting job as of late....  I was screaming early in the season for him to get more carries....   he is going to be dangerous in the play-offs... Check out these stats from Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6487/stevan-ridley Stevan Ridley has averaged a run of 20+ yards once every 17.4 carries, seventh among all backs with at least 85 carries. For comparison's sake, the big-play challenged BenJarvus Green-Ellis managed just one run of 16+ yards on 181 carries. Ridley's 5.1 yards per rush is 10th among 56 backs with 85+ carries, and his 2.6 yards after contact per rush trails only three backs. Ridley has emerged as the Patriots' primary runner due to his combination of speed and power -- even if Green-Ellis remains the goal-line horse.
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]

patsfaninflorida,

well i cannot say i saw your post early this year, however i was pilloried, refuted, questioned, etc when i said same in and at the end of pre-season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stevan Ridley VS Mark Ingram : You know what I'm glad we got Ridley too. This is coming from a guy who was unsure about him after the pick. I didn't question Ridley as a back because I wanted a hard nosed power back all along, just more of taking back to back RB's. Frankly I thought Ridley was going to be more like a FB getting short yard reps and goalline situations. I've been pleasantly surprised King was right about him that he's more of a Dillion mold. I too hope we use NO's pick on a pass rushing LB. I was hoping we'd use the pick we traded to NO for Sheard or Reed and was disappointed we got neither
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I too hope we use NO's pick on a pass rushing LB. I was hoping we'd use the pick we traded to NO for Sheard or Reed and was disappointed we got neither

ditto

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

MAybe NEXT YEAR Offensive Coordinator gives the ball to Ridley more !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]MAybe NEXT YEAR Offensive Coordinator gives the ball to Ridley more !!!
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

ridley or if we have someone better.
    lets hope for an established exceptional coordinator.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts