Stevan Ridley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Stevan Ridley

Ridley has taken a lot of heat here over the issue of ball security. I won't touch on that but I did notice that he racked up more yards rushing than  Ray Rice, Frank Gore and Stephan Jackson. That's awfully good company and he should be congratulated for that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Stevan Ridley

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley has taken a lot of heat here over the issue of ball security. I won't touch on that but I did notice that he racked up more yards rushing than  Ray Rice, Frank Gore and Stephan Jackson. That's awfully good company and he should be congratulated for that.

[/QUOTE]

Given that most of the leading rushers had 3 or 4 fumbles, Lynch and Marshall had 4, Peterson had 3, Ridley had 4, we are going to jump on him for having ONLY 4??!! Give the guy a BREAK!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He had a nice season and helped the offense. I think there were times this year where he was running with the ball out there a little too far from his body, and other times he wasn't. I'd like to see him stop turning his back to the line when there is nothing there (and almost get himself killed) and just get low and plow ahead for another yard. He'll never get outside, but he's quicker than the last guy we had (and therefore got more yards for us).

Pretty solid guy - we'll need him to play top notch in the playoffs. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Ridley is a beast. Fumbles are part of the game as much as you don't want them to happen, but the got racked up over 1200 yards and 12 TDs. He ran hard for some key first downs and was a big part of the offense.

Ridley had four fumbles on 290 attempts.

Jamaal Charles had five on 285 attempts.

Reggie Bush had four on 227 attempts.

I could go on and on with that.

He also finished seventh in rushing yards and tied for third in rushing TDs. Not bad...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We're going to need him if we go to Denver, he's the lone RB who can pound the rock and get positive yardage even if it looks like a dead play. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Also, Ridley's 1,263 yards is impressive for a team that splits running duties with multiple RBs and has a pass happy OC. 

We've got a good one here. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's because our O-line suks, and Ridley is awesome. Or, maybe it isn't....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Looked good last game. Hopefully he has gotten the therapy from BB he needs for ball security in the playoffs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Who's in the AFC playoffs?

Ridley's more talented than BJGE, and the LawFirm has coughed it up in Cincy. He doesn't share the rock, so gets more touches than Ridley.

Ridley's all around better than Vic Ballard, who was a late season time-share with Donald Brown, until the perpetually injured Brown was finally put on IR.  He gets as many or more touches than Ridley.

Ridley is the back Denver thought they had with Knowshon Moreno, who didn't even dress for games until 3/4 of the season was over. John Fox couldn't trust the rookies, so Moreno is the poster boy for 20 carries and 75 yards.

Now we get to the thoroughbreds:

Ray Rice and Arian Foster are top-flight, 3-down backs.  That they haven't always touched the ball 30-40 times a game speaks to their respective coach's lunacy.  Both have amazing receiving skills, but are often under-utilized 

Ridley's receiving/pass-protection skills are a work in progress.  He's a 2 down and short yardage back.  In the playoffs, I expect him to be used to put the game away in the 4th QTR, after the D is winded from chasing the leprechaun-like Woodley and Vereen all game long. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

here  here

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to krismk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who's in the AFC playoffs?

Ridley's more talented than BJGE, and the LawFirm has coughed it up in Cincy. He doesn't share the rock, so gets more touches than Ridley.

Ridley's all around better than Vic Ballard, who was a late season time-share with Donald Brown, until the perpetually injured Brown was finally put on IR.  He gets as many or more touches than Ridley.

Ridley is the back Denver thought they had with Knowshon Moreno, who didn't even dress for games until 3/4 of the season was over. John Fox couldn't trust the rookies, so Moreno is the poster boy for 20 carries and 75 yards.

Now we get to the thoroughbreds:

Ray Rice and Arian Foster are top-flight, 3-down backs.  That they haven't always touched the ball 30-40 times a game speaks to their respective coach's lunacy.  Both have amazing receiving skills, but are often under-utilized 

Ridley's receiving/pass-protection skills are a work in progress.  He's a 2 down and short yardage back.  In the playoffs, I expect him to be used to put the game away in the 4th QTR, after the D is winded from chasing the leprechaun-like Woodley and Vereen all game long. 

[/QUOTE]

" after the D is winded from chasing the leprechaun-like Woodley and Vereen all game long. "

i love it :)   though woody or woodhead

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also, Ridley's 1,263 yards is impressive for a team that splits running duties with multiple RBs and has a pass happy OC. 

[/QUOTE]

you nailed it from start to finsih 49

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

very true, great obeservation

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley is a beast. Fumbles are part of the game as much as you don't want them to happen, but the got racked up over 1200 yards and 12 TDs. He ran hard for some key first downs and was a big part of the offense.

Ridley had four fumbles on 290 attempts.

Jamaal Charles had five on 285 attempts.

Reggie Bush had four on 227 attempts.

I could go on and on with that.

He also finished seventh in rushing yards and tied for third in rushing TDs. Not bad...

[/QUOTE]

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

too many people here are clueless. most RB's run into fumble issues at some point in their careers. i remeber a year or two ago it seemed like adrian peterson fumbled every single game. 

i saw people jumping on the alfred morris bandwagon raving about his ball securety not having a clue that one of the reasons he fell to the end of the draft is because he fumbled 16 times in his college career and he didn't even play against top competition.

we've got a good one in ridley. 

[/QUOTE]

preach ricky

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

he had a good season and i am a big fan of his, but the simple fact is that if he doesnt hold on to the ball in the playoffs, he will be benched.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I guess we could call the Bengals and see if they'd trade BJGE straight up for Ridley? Or not..

anyone that tries to diminish what Ridley accomplished this year is reaching for straws. The kid did a great job and might be the best back we've had since Curtis Martin. No disrespect to Cory Dillion. Ridley has the size and ability to run between the tackles and also the speed to get to the edge. The reality is that he had one poor game protecting the ball and that was against San Francisco. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Even Faulk had fumble issues early in his career... here's hoping that Ridley turns out like that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Ridley looks like the real deal to me.  He's quick and elusive and also runs with good power.  I love the way he gets yards after initial contact.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

MUCH better than law firm. He can actually break one past 10 yards :)

But, we can't afford to have any fumbles by the Patriots for the next 3 games :) lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

First off Ridley is one fine RB.  He had two games where he got sloppy.  The timing of it was not good being December games where the team is trying to peak for the playoffs.  Let's hope the team is ready and put all the poor play behind them.

If he does fumble in the playoffs he won't see the field again throughout the playoffs.  BB won't tolerate it.  It's a one and done deal in the playoffs and turnovers are at the top of the list on why a team loses.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Dont write off Vereen as a possible big play maker in these playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts