***Stevan Ridley's Hidden Value***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***Stevan Ridley's Hidden Value***

Kid is a 1st down machine.

He ranks 2nd in the NFL with (70) 1st downs gained with his legs, behind only Calvin Johnson's (73).

He ranks 2nd among all RB's in 1st down frequency per carry (1 every 3.47 carries), trailing only Bryce Brown's (1 every 3.43 carries) though Brown only has 103 carries to Ridley's 243... for a little perspective, AP comes in at 1 every 4.14 carries (265 total carries) and Arian Foster is in at 1 ever 4.38 carries (298 carries).

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***Stevan Ridley's Hidden Value***

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He ranks 2nd in the NFL with 70 1st downs gained with his legs (70), behind only Calvin Johnson's (73).

He ranks 2nd among all RB's in 1st down frequency per carry (1 every 3.47 carries), trailing only Bryce Brown's (1 every 3.43 carries) though Brown only has 103 carries to Ridley's 243... for a little perspective, AP comes in at 1 every 4.14 carries (265 total carries) and Arian Foster is in at 1 ever 4.38 carries (298 carries).

[/QUOTE]

BB.  Loved the pick at the time, was shocked BB went RB in back to back rounds.  Ridley was a force at LSU as an all purpose back.  

[/QUOTE]

Randall Cobb was the kid I wanted with the Vereen pick, and I was high on Vereen in that draft... kid was/is a perfect for BB's offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is also a testemant to our new found commitment to the run. The big argument against more running was that you would take the ball out of Brady's hands and not score as many points. Well we lead the LG in rushing 1st downs AND rushing tds, and score a paltry 37 ppg. Tom Brady has 31 tds to 4 INT's and is on pace for his annual amazing 35-40 tds's and 4,500 plus yards. Love the new look offense. LOVE the help we have given Tom Brady!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He's gone up against a few tough defenses in a row now and his numbers have dropped, but he's run hard and picked up some tough yards to close out some games. This week won't be any easier (I'd be happy to see him get 70/80 yards against San Fran). I'd like to see him stop turning his back to the action when he gets stopped at the line and just get low to try to drive for another yard - he was doing that earlier in the season and I was impressed. I wish he had a bit more speed to get to the corner too, but he's quick for his size and I think he's do for a long gainer sooner or later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He ranks 2nd in the NFL with 70 1st downs gained with his legs (70), behind only Calvin Johnson's (73).

[/QUOTE]

nice stuff mb

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I love Ridley but I would like to see Vereen get a few more snaps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah we know, and when Vareen doesn't rush for 200 yards and 3 tyds you will be looking for Bolden...fair weather king. 

Maroney suks,

BJGE suks

Mayo suks

Welker suks

and now Ridley suks.

Got it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah we know, and when Vareen doesn't rush for 200 yards and 3 tyds you will be looking for Bolden...fair weather king. 

Maroney suks,

BJGE suks

Mayo suks

Welker suks

and now Ridley suks.

Got it.

[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something or does this TrueChump poster (Rusty) have an unhealthy obsession with me and a way changing my words.  Sad dude.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

vereen with a handful of runs and gettign him into the pass gaem woudl be optimal.

boldne when we need to bang a wrcking ball into the line. like agaisnt sf.

ridley with the teh greater number of carries most games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I was one who like the Vereen pick but didn't understand the Ridley selection.  Thought it too high for him at the time.  One of my major boo-boo's.

Ridley reads the blocking so well.  Very impressed with his running style. 

Sections
Shortcuts