Steve Burton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRules. Show BBRules's posts

Steve Burton

I'm sure he is a nice enough guy and the connection with his dad and all that, but he is clueless. He stated about 4 times that there were no injuries. His reporting continues to be very surface and his interviews are laced with the most OBVIOUS, softball, homer questions. Steve please strap on a pair and dig a little deeper. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Steve Burton

BB's job is to try to win as many games and then as many championships as possible. Every year. Contrast that with Rex Ryan's job which is to entertain and sell tickets and foot powder. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRules. Show BBRules's posts

In response to Steve Burton:

BB's job is to try to win as many games and then as many championships as possible. Every year. Contrast that with Rex Ryan's job which is to entertain and sell tickets and foot powder. 

What does that have to do with Steve Burton?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No questions from any source, even the son of a former Patriot, will elicit any response of depth from anyone connected directly to a BB team.

All roads lead to Rome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRules. Show BBRules's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No questions from any source, even the son of a former Patriot, will elicit any response of depth from anyone connected directly to a BB team.

All roads lead to Rome.

True. But I really wasn't referring to his interviews with BB. I understand why BB doesn't reveal anything and for the most part it is in the best interest of the team. I'm talking about just about every other interview he does related to the Pats. All very surface with the most obvious questions possible. Boring and predictable. While Mike Reiss seems to be a bit of a homer, he also clearly does his homework and will ask an occasional tough question.  Tom E. is a bit of a cocky blowhard, which is sometimes humorus, sometimes not, but he will ask tough questions. Felger brings up controversy for obvious ratings ploy, but will also ask tough questions. Steve Burton should do better. We have a pretty sophisticated fan base which deserves more. 

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

You can always tell when there's a new reporter in town. They'll ask the tough questions and just get a glare in response.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

You can always tell when there's a new reporter in town. They'll ask the tough questions and just get a glare in response.

I was listening to the pregame show and one of the guys mentioned that the league had sent out a memo that the replacement officials would be working week 1 of the regular season and 'teams, players and coaches were told not to comment on this'. So of course someone had to ask Bill about the replacement refs after the game last night. All he said was "I'm not commenting on that", and gave the guy the 'are you going to follow up that idiotic question' glare.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Whenever I see BB glare like that I get the image of BB from the Rocky 4 clip "I must break you"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

I was listening to the pregame show and one of the guys mentioned that the league had sent out a memo that the replacement officials would be working week 1 of the regular season and 'teams, players and coaches were told not to comment on this'. So of course someone had to ask Bill about the replacement refs after the game last night. All he said was "I'm not commenting on that", and gave the guy the 'are you going to follow up that idiotic question' glare.

[/QUOTE]

Every football fan in the country (except for perhaps one or two people generally on IGNORE here) would die to have BB as their GM and coach. Some may not want to admit it... even to themselves. But given the choice they would JUMP. And they would love it the first time he gave that look to a reporter!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

I'm sure he is a nice enough guy and the connection with his dad and all that, but he is clueless. He stated about 4 times that there were no injuries. His reporting continues to be very surface and his interviews are laced with the most OBVIOUS, softball, homer questions. Steve please strap on a pair and dig a little deeper. 

That whole production team is crap.  Can't freaking get a replay to save their life, Cross is terrible, I mean unlistenable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Steve Burton is not a journalist. At least not in the same way a newspaper reporter is. None of the local sports anchors are

He is a television personality who works in the sports department at WBZ. That's it. You cant expect him to ask the tough question or to be confrontational. That really isnt his function

He is paid to smile, read the teleprompter, and serve as a genial host, a role that he has grown into over the years

He is no great shakes. Probably never will be, but he is much improved over what he was when he started out

I can almost tolerate him at this point...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I actually feel bad for Steve because even his most easy question will not get answered by Belichick. I really don't know why they even bother questioning this guy...it's pointless. How is Demps doing? I think all the players on the field are making progress. How is the pass rush? All facets of our team are working to get better. Over and over and over again. The funny thing is Bill actually has a smile on his face after and so does Steve. I've watched Steve try to ask a tough question in years past...it gets uncomforatable fast.

Sections
Shortcuts