Steve Gregory retires...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Steve Gregory retires...

... the guy was way too small and lacked athleticism to play safety or anywhere else in the NFL, I know the boo birds will be out to tell us how bad he sucked, but he was an inspiration, having heart and a can't quit attitude can carry you a long way. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Steve Gregory retires...

... and he returned the "Butt Fumble" to the house!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah the guy sucked, but he made more money in his career than most will make in a lifetime...and he did that while sucking. This just shows that hard work pays off even when you suck. Good for him, wish him nothing but the best...guy will probably open up ten Bass Pro Shops and make another 5 million.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

31 years old.  Looking for a coaching job.  No student loans.  I think he's in a good spot.  Good for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Gregory was a nice player for what he did, unfortunately he was signed to do more than he was capable of. He should have been a #3 S in a platoon he was not a starter but then again we didn't pay him like one either. You get what you pay for and Gregory was a good $2mil/yr quality player, just not the starter quality we needed.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... the guy was way too small and lacked athleticism to play safety or anywhere else in the NFL, I know the boo birds will be out to tell us how bad he sucked, but he was an inspiration, having heart and a can't quit attitude can carry you a long way. 

[/QUOTE]

I actually thought he played okay with the Pats.  Not great, but better than most we've had since Harrison retired. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I actually thought he played okay with the Pats.  Not great, but better than most we've had since Harrison retired. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Agreed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Always liked him. Best of luck to him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He was part of the problem

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    According to Wikipedia Gregory is 5"11 and Mccourty is 5"10, so that means Mccourty is too small as well right ? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I always thought the problem was the lack of depth around Wilfork and the lack of sacks it produced, don't fault the poor defensive backfield trying to clean up the mess.  Gregory gave up his body against substantially bigger players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BrianKangu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to Wikipedia Gregory is 5"11 and Mccourty is 5"10, so that means Mccourty is too small as well right ? 

[/QUOTE]

McCourty is also one of the fastest guys in our team, covers the deep part of the field, Gregory for all intents and purposes played strong safety... and was way too light for that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2014/08/09/ex-patriots-defensive-back-steve-gregory-retires-at-age-31/

seems like he'll b better as a coach and overall human than he was with my pats. knew what was coming but just couldnt get there with any consistency. body+skills were far slower than his mind. good luck to him, nice guy!

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Who?

...the King of the Rumba Beat...