Steve McNair dead from shooting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Steve McNair dead from shooting

From  ESPN.com:

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed, a source has confirmed to ESPN.com.

McNair, 36, suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville, police spokesperson Don Aaron said. A female victim was also found dead. Aaron said the woman has not been identified, pending notification of next of kin.

The incident happened near 2nd South & Lea Ave in Nashville.

McNair played 13 seasons in the NFL, 11 were with the Titans. He played his final two years with the Baltimore Ravens, retiring after the 2007 season.

"We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today," Titans owner K.S. "Bud" Aadams Jr. said in a statement. "He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing."

McNair was picked third overall in the 1995 draft out of Alcorn State by the then Houston Oilers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting

Its horrible how light some people take the value of human life. Rest in peace Steve McNair. You will be missed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

the nfl has lost a true iron man

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In Response to Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting:
    [QUOTE]the nfl has lost a true iron man
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]
    He was great on the field ... off the field apparently flawed, unless he was at a woman's apartment, not his wife, to minister.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Whom among us in NOT flawed? Let it go.  We can discuss the "circumstances" in DUE time, just NOT NOW.  Rest in PEACE "AIR MCNAIR".  You and your family are in our prayers...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

RIP Mcnair.  Being from Jackson, MS I watched Mcnair every since he use to beat up on my college, Jackson State University.  He was a stand up type of guy.  He loved his community and family.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

[QUOTE]Whom among us in NOT flawed? Let it go.  We can discuss the "circumstances" in DUE time, just NOT NOW.  Rest in PEACE "AIR MCNAIR".  You and your family are in our prayers...
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]
    I'll discuss it now while it's news...other than this news item I hadn't thought about McNair like ever. These stories, whether it nightclub beatings, DUI, domestic distubances or whatever felony of the week lets the rest of us see there are consequences to our bad decisions. They should serve as an example to the rest of us, and should  illustrate how elevating these physical specimens to sainthood is a folly. Goodell is right, tow the line in EVERYTHING you do. RIP means nothing for McNair now he's dead. I won't be shedding a tear for Michael Jackson or Steve McNair, and I doubt that any of his real friends and family, the people who knew and loved him are considering this board right now or ever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

There will Never be another "AIR McNair" Football took A Real blow today!!!! THANK'S for all you did for the game!!!! You alway's played as hard as you could,
    I enjoyed watching you!!!!! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting : He was great on the field ... off the field apparently flawed, unless he was at a woman's apartment, not his wife, to minister.
    Posted by youkillus[/QUOTE]
    This situation does seem awfully weird, doesn't it? She was with him 2 nights earlier, gets a DUI, and he walks away? Then he shows up 2 nights later at 2:00 am? I thought McNair was married with kids? Please don't say, "Let's not go there," but there are so many other NFLers who may be in similar situations they need to rethink.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

So let me get this straight, whomever!  Just because it's news, you don't think it a "show of respect" to have a "memorial" period of say 48 hours.  What good does it do to speculate about what we don't know.  When we know for sure, then have at it.  The sad part about is that no one will speak on how he lived, rather how he died.  The vast majority of his contempories, can do nothing but laud him for his work ethic and contribution to his communities.  What ever "issues" he may have had is between him and his GOD, and him and his family. I have a bad feeling where this conversation is headed but, I'm holding out hope it does not...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

This is a shame.  Poor McNair, dying so young.  Don't know anything about him off the field but know that he was a great football player.  He had lots of great seasons and most recently I remember him taking the Ravens to 13-3.  The last thing I remember about him is him being stip-sacked at the end of their playoff loss to the Colts that year.  Mathis or Freeney or whoever knocked the ball out of his hand and McNair kind of just took it like a man and was very gracious about it.  You're a true sportsman.  Rest in peace Steve McNair. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

[QUOTE]So let me get this straight, whomever!  Just because it's news, you don't think it a "show of respect" to have a "memorial" period of say 48 hours.  What good does it do to speculate about what we don't know.  When we know for sure, then have at it.  The sad part about is that no one will speak on how he lived, rather how he died.  The vast majority of his contempories, can do nothing but laud him for his work ethic and contribution to his communities.  What ever "issues" he may have had is between him and his GOD, and him and his family. I have a bad feeling where this conversation is headed but, I'm holding out hope it does not...
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]
    theplaintruth? You're missing the plajn truth...ESPN DID speak about how he lived...To whom or what should I be showing respect to?....McNair? He's dead. His family? Don't know them. His "issues" are also between him and his fans as the idolatry of the fans is what supports the teams, the league, and his business,
    the question now to be answered is it (the idolatry) well placed?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

McNair was a great player, though maybe not enough for Canton. The guy was dedicated to his team, and played (well) through injuries that would sideline 90% of NFL players. And though he may have had some issues in his family life (if these rumors are true), that happens to a lot of people. I remember how people here were slamming the trolls who brought up BB's "mistress", and said that was beside the point. We should give McNair the same courtesy. He also was involved in a lot of community work, and spent much time and personal money helping Katrina victims in MS a few years back. Nobody is perfect. Whatever the case, it's a tragedy when someone that young is lost, especially to violence. His fellow players and coaches seem to respect the man a lot. Who are we to judge his deeds, as if none of us ever strayed from the "righteous" path?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

[QUOTE]McNair was a great player, though maybe not enough for Canton. The guy was dedicated to his team, and played (well) through injuries that would sideline 90% of NFL players. And though he may have had some issues in his family life (if these rumors are true), that happens to a lot of people. I remember how people here were slamming the trolls who brought up BB's "mistress", and said that was beside the point. We should give McNair the same courtesy. He also was involved in a lot of community work, and spent much time and personal money helping Katrina victims in MS a few years back. Nobody is perfect. Whatever the case, it's a tragedy when someone that young is lost, especially to violence. His fellow players and coaches seem to respect the man a lot. Who are we to judge his deeds, as if none of us ever strayed from the "righteous" path?  
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Well said.  It's amazing how many angels frequent message boards.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Two football memories of McNair.
    His final drive in the Super Bowl which would have been considered one of the great ones if it hadn't fallen one yard short.
    Ty Law intercepts him and limps 65 yards for a TD which starts our 21 game winning streak.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting : I'll discuss it now while it's news...other than this news item I hadn't thought about McNair like ever. These stories, whether it nightclub beatings, DUI, domestic distubances or whatever felony of the week lets the rest of us see there are consequences to our bad decisions. They should serve as an example to the rest of us, and should  illustrate how elevating these physical specimens to sainthood is a folly. Goodell is right, tow the line in EVERYTHING you do. RIP means nothing for McNair now he's dead. I won't be shedding a tear for Michael Jackson or Steve McNair, and I doubt that any of his real friends and family, the people who knew and loved him are considering this board right now or ever.

Can you please post your picture. I want to show my children a perfect example of how not to be and you definitely make that grade. Thanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

well they are saying it may be a murder suicide.he was shot twice in the head,and twice in the chest.the young women once in the head,and with a revolver underneath her.this is what it looks like,unless someone planted the gun to make it look this way,but he may have been calling it quits with this women,and she said not so fast.who knows.the police feel there may be a third person involved.its a shame that people have to die,for something that may be bad,but not that bad.but we dont have the power to turn back the clock.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-mcnairkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Ditto EnochRoot,
    Couldn't have said it better!  There is a time to show class, and this is one of them.  The comments of the individual do uncover a point directly tied to the way issues of those in the limelight are covered.  Fans, basically come from 2 different camps.  Those who simply enjoy the sport for what it is a sport and everything that goes with it. Then there are those other group of fans who take things to the extreme.  They're the one's who are frustrated "AVERAGE JOES".  Former somebodies that became regular people in the sports environment.  Frustrated former athletes who can't cope with their current standing in life.  These are the one's whose jealousy stems from the astronomical amount of money being made in the industry and (they feel) given the same circumstances as the STARS, they would be getting PAID.  There are some who are bothered by the ethnic diversity in the industry (which has changed dramatically over the years). For whatever the reason is it leaves them severely JADED. Remember, it's entertainment, and those who provide it professionally are entertainers period.  They were given a higher skillset than others that allows them to earn a living at it.  They owe nothing to anyone other than (GOD) and those who nutured them along.  This includes, parents, guardians, friends, "the neighborhood benefactor",  uncle joey, coaches, teammates, etc...  As human beings and members of a free society, we ALL owe it to each other to be good citizens and treat each other with mutual respect.  Role models come from a variety of places.  We must be careful in our choices, beginning at home.  It is us who provides the pedestal for these gifted ones, then WE place them upon it.  Then somewho WE get bent when THEY let us down.  They failed to met your expectations so you get bent.  They're is no connection between the two of you except the "entertainment" they provide, yet you feel that it is your GOD given right to talk about them as if they were your property, or dogs in your kennel.  You think you have the right to spew the most degrading insults at them because you can.  Some of  you even think it is your right to include their wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, parents, and children in your garbage.  Your reasoning is that as a fan who purchases tickets to said sporting events, you've purchased an unlimited supply of "woof tickets" to dispense at your whim.  NEWSFLASH, you didn't.  The only thing you own is the right to view that particular event, and at that event, you have the right to voice your displeasure with the individuals involved.  This does not include any of the above mentioned, non-related individuals. MUTAL RESPECT is what we should aspire to give and obtain.  As "BUB" stated, we've had our own issues within our organization regarding "broken trusts" (professionally and personally) recently, and it was when the ENTIRE collective of the organization was viewed, most were able to get past these indicretions.  We (fans) act as if us or no one close to us or even know have never done anything wrong.  FACT is that statistics say other wise.  All I'm asking is that we begin to view things in perspective.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

RIP Steve "Air" McNair

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting : I'll discuss it now while it's news...other than this news item I hadn't thought about McNair like ever. These stories, whether it nightclub beatings, DUI, domestic distubances or whatever felony of the week lets the rest of us see there are consequences to our bad decisions. They should serve as an example to the rest of us, and should  illustrate how elevating these physical specimens to sainthood is a folly. Goodell is right, tow the line in EVERYTHING you do. RIP means nothing for McNair now he's dead. I won't be shedding a tear for Michael Jackson or Steve McNair, and I doubt that any of his real friends and family, the people who knew and loved him are considering this board right now or ever.

You are absolutely the type of person that brings people as a whole down. You are whats wrong with society today. An absolute insensitive jerk who thinks its cool to say the wrong thing. But i would bet if this happened to someone close to you you would want everyone to respect your situation. honestly man you need to rethink your existence and get over yourself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting :   You are absolutely the type of person that brings people as a whole down. You are whats wrong with society today. An absolute insensitive jerk who thinks its cool to say the wrong thing. But i would bet if this happened to someone close to you you would want everyone to respect your situation. honestly man you need to rethink your existence and get over yourself.
    Posted by agent56[/QUOTE]

+1

I was thinking earlier that if the poster had the cojones to respond that I would say something very similar. His note about the McNair's not monitoring this board as a reason for not showing respect for another human being's tragic death was specious. Your point about his probable hypocrisy is right on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

There is HOPE after all... Thank each and everyone who understands and has offered "positivity & respect"...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Preachy board nannies really bother me. It's a public forum, I'll leave it at that. One's opinion is no better than other's. My opinion is the first sentence, which is no better than anyone els'e and I may be preaching and therefore a hypocrite. See how dumb this all gets. I'm not sure what was said about McNair that got someone all upset. Is someone alluding that other posters are racist ? I sure have seen a lot worse on this board so I will not be showing my kid anyones picture based on any posts on this thread.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from superfxb. Show superfxb's posts

If it was some Joe Schmo who was shot and if reported on your local news there wouldn't even be a RIP out  of many of you. It would be talked about at the work place, Bar or wherever including all the opinions no matter how awful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Something bothering you??  Smalltown "schmo" may get a mention at work or the local tavern, but Bigtown "schmo" doesn't even get an mention (unless the event personally touched the one relaying the story (in some way), the establishment (or patrons) in some way.  Unless you personally know the deceased, you generally don't start conversations about their demise.  If you did, based on the homicide rate on larger east coast cities, you'd be very busy...  We all have our rights and it's my right to allow you to disclose yourself, what you truly are...

signed,
    Fellow Preachy Board Nannie

Sections
Shortcuts